Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Will Manchester City Really Be The Start Of The The Top Five?
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Right now I have no Idea. Maybe the summer will be the turning point?
If they can get world class people there and a lot of them then maybe
They will make the top five. That's questionable though so far they have
Had no such luck. Maybe in th summer though. But right now they're
Not even worthy of the top half. What do you think?
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
No way they had their chance to prove it this season and they blew it up sky high. My answer is NO
OK I was leaning towards no anyway
Yea I know, I'm just trying to get you some comments
Haha LoL . Actually I think the reason for that is is that no one else is on
Yea it's just me, you and Lee! HAHA lol
Yea! Hey Lee are you watching us right now HaHa Lol
The MODs are always watching!
From every corner they are.
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Er, I typed this in another thread, so I may as well copy&paste

It is insanely difficult getting world class players to join a club where Champions League football isn't virtually guaranteed, let alone European football. I think Man City will only manage to get semi-starlets, unfulfilling prospects and golden oldies by the end of summer.

With Kaka, I don't think he will be moving anywhere if Brazil make it to sa2010, ACMilan are world-leaders in terms of sports technology/sports science and he has peaked age-wise. The facilities at Milan are right for him and this is his time to shine, he has the opportunity to lead Brazil and further cement his legacy
Well said Moonpig
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
No effing way! City can't play for s***, they are truely effed up already and can't find any effing composure! So effing inconsistent! Their losses are effing embarrasing! Last effeing loss was home against (a well prepared)Fulham! They're surely effing out of the Uefa Cup tie against Hamburg!

Sorry for the "effingness", in a bad mood...
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Never can they make it up there, the team just doesn't have the depth nor the leadership. They have the money but no world class player wants to move there without knowing a chance at Champions League. Players have Robinho as an example of what happens to a world class player. Robhino now wasn't the same Robinho who moved there last year. He just doesn't have that same vibe you got as a top world class player he used to be. You can tell his not happy with how things are now. Seeing the frustration of Robinho why would any other player want to move there?
Elninoyash (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Manchester city never ever. Not ifthey buy spoilt brats like robinho and don't have a manager to handle hm. Elano seemingly was cause of great problems at the club unret and s**t. MArk hughes isn't the man to lead city ahead first of all!
Tottenham, Villa and Everton have a much betta chance of getting up there...
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Well said yamsy or whatever is our name Spurs, Villa and Everton are doing well but far inconsistant look at villa they were in a form of lifetime and now may finish at 6 and may lose Barry, Young.... Everton don't have the money to buy players important to them Jo, I think only are good enough to fight against Top 4 on man city if they win UEFA cup then summer is gonna' be turning point then they might challenge
Don't forget, Everton still have an injured Yakubu!    Ps- call me jason.... Not my screen name...
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I think when of one of the more established clubs such as everton, west ham, or aston villa would be more likely than City, even if they don't have as much money
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I think if there is going to be a top five next year, the fifth spot would be arsenal, with tottenham placed 4th but seriously if theres a top 5 next year I think it will include tottenham
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
It is possible, but Tottenham have always had talent and never done very well with it, we will see though, maybe next year will be their year
Spurs need more consistency.... Its pointless if you beat man utd one week, then lose to west brom the next week.... ...
What do you think tottenham need to do to gain consistency? A new player? A new manager? Or is it all in their heads?
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
More chemistry
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Definetely not they may have robinho and sean wright phillips and stephen ireland but the team just cannot play together they don't have any chemistry
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Chemistry has everything in the world to do with why Tottenham and Man City can't make it 5. They go out and spend so much that they have too many quality players. The confidence and faith in the staff just isn't there when a totally different eleven is going out each gameday
True
Also many of their players don't have the intensity needed. Robinho is a classic example

Kick4Life - changing lives through football