Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
WHY SHOULD IT ALWAYS BE LONDON?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Minister norman baker has agreed with sir alex ferguson that the fa cup semi finals should not be played at wembley, although mr baker is looking at the problem from a different angle, as he is concerned with lowering carbon emissions in the london area, he thinks its stupid to bring 1,000's of fans from the north west ie: utd, city, and bolton, and a midlands team stoke to wembley and leaving a massive carbon footprint.
Fergie on the other hand is looking at it more from a common sense footballing outlook whereby fans are being screwed having to travel to london for a semi final, and if they win, the final aswell, and its not cheap.
Apart from that wembley should be for the final only, that's the whole concept of the fa cup, a day out at wembley, not two days....Lol
Heres an article about it in the link below, whats your thoughts guys?, I'm not too worried about the enviromental aspect, but I hate the see the fans having to pay for the new wembley.

Link: therepublikofmancunia.com/%e2%80%9cwhy-does-it-alw...
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Some funny replies in that site as well. Lol
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'd be happy for semi's to be played in the North - Old trafford or some neutral ground, and the final itself in Wembley
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Obviously because Wembley has the best pitch...
Exactly ant, the romance has went out of the fa cup mate, it always used to be about THAT DAY, and the build up, the fans arriving at the ground, interviewing the players on the coaches on the way to the ground, but now its not the same because you have been there a few weeks previous in the semi finals.
Someones gotta' pay for the new wembley, looks like the fans suffer again, and the prices are extortinate
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah, it ruins the prestige of the final, or "playing at wembley", when you hold the semis there.
I'm all for playing the semis at neutral sites, up in the north like ant mentioned. It sure would be helpful for the fans and traveling, hotels, etc
It has also taken revenue away from places like old trafford, anfield, villa park etc: who traditionally held the semi finals, but yet of all they want to use old trafford etc: for play off finals? , I would tell them where to go.... Wembley
I mean even the champions league final is being played at wembley, which is not a club ground, so it should go to a club, not wembley

Kick4Life - changing lives through football