Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Why Isn't Nani Always In The Starting Line Up?
ChrisOoi (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Nani has started playing with Man Utd for nearly 3 years but hardly see him in the starting line up. What happen?
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Sir Alex believes he still needs to prove himself to earn his starting spot. He can expect to see him more and more in that starting position this season though. Right now we're going through growing pains to find exactly what formation/starting 11 that works best for the team we've got. Give it time. Nani will get his chance to shine
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Nani is a very good player, he was not given much chance to prove he will be very handy this season and hs personality is same as that of ronaldo so he needs to step up and grab the position which is vacant. Utd fans will get to see more of him this season
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Agree with Ballinout, Nani still hasn't shown his true capability yet and SAF will play him when the time is right.... Right now, it seems Park and Valencia are higher than him in the pecking order...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ill say both nani and lucas have been given expectations and both are proggressing poorly. Hopefully they will both flourish within the season
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yes there progressed has well gone in the wrong way but if they're gonna' make it right now is the season
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't think he should be in it. He still has to improve. But if I were to choose between him and giggs then I will choose. Him
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I think he won't fulfill his potential. He has been given plenty a chance but doesn't really show he can be a star
Dali (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well, we have to remember he was hurt recently as well
It seems he getting a little too fragile, but it's just the start of the season.... Hope the injuries won't haunt him...
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Nani will be just fine. If he's going to shine it will most certainly be this season. Park can't play all of the games and SAF is simply cycling through his squad now. He'll find his spot in the starting 11 if he really wants it, which I believe he does
VanPersie (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Nani hasn't really proven him self as a starter yet has he? I know he can produce some absolutely amazing moments but he is not that consistent
He doesn't really shine in big games.... He needs to work on that, the Community Shield goal was a start...
VanPersie (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Yes like I said a really stunner of a goal but his performance was not that good he just has some big moments I think he will get there though
His big moments are usually doing back-flips
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 4 years ago
He is way too inconsistant and dosent always perform
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yep spot on
I guess al the talk about him being able to fill Ronnie's shoes are over...
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Nani(imo) is too lackadaisical on defence. He plays wing which is one position on the pitch you don't want exposed. Especially in the prem where teams are notorious for crossing the ball
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
He has started that last two games right, correct me if I'm wrong, and on the wigan match he made a great assist with intelligence, in the way he waited for owen's more smart second run, and scored a superb free kick to close the game. He was quiet before any of this but I bet with what happened today he will gain plenty of confidence. He has to continue what he did today for whole games week in and week out
Dempsey (Fulham) 4 years ago
No he only started against Wigan. He didn't feature against Burnley which was a mistake with him and Valencia not starting. There was no speed, and they struggled to get behind the defence to get some crosses in. They need at least one, both should, to start so they can penetrate the oppositions defence. The forwards were on an island up there without Nani and Valencia there to link up with them

Kick4Life - changing lives through football