Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who's Gonna Win The Copa America?
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
The first round coming to an end, Colombia looks to be the best team to create a good surprise in this Copa America alongside Chile. But my favorite is Colombia, they're a very balanced team with a solid back four, a strong midfield (with Sanchez and Guarin), and fast and efficient forwards like Falcao and Ramos.
The players look very fit. If they keep playing very well together they can easily reach the final
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
They can. But if Brazil and Uruguay go through I think the experiance of their players might play a huge role
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Colombiaa! Lol I really hope they do a great job today vs peru we have a great team, in very good form hopefully we can reach the finals
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
From what I have seen so far, who cares who wins it?  The womens and u17's world cups have both been better to watch than the copa america
I'm on your side. This has been a waste of time and so flipping boring
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
The u17 tournament in mexico was outstanding, great effort, and football, and most of all, very well supported, over 105, 000 watched the final in the azteca stadium, and over 900, 000 attended the games throughout the tournament, that's amazing to watch 16 year old kids, and they supported ALL the teams.
Somewhere like mexico would definetly see the benefit of the so called "world cup legacy", I fail to see whos going to benefit in qatar, and I havent seen much legacy in africa since they had the world cup
Yeah. I agree. Qatar. Noway
How is the quarter final gonna' work
Group standings

Group [A. ]
1. Colombia
2. Argentina
3. Costa Rica
4. Bolivia

Group [B. ]
1. Venezuela
2. Paraguay
3. Brazil (-1)
4. Ecuador(-1)

Group [C. ]
1. Chile
2. Uruguay
3. Peru
4. Mexico

Quarter finals

Colombia vs. Peru. --------Brazil vs. Paraguay

Argentina vs. Uruguay. -----Chile vs. Venezuela
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Finally they have woken up
Brazil surely have talented strikers but, defensively they're still looking dodgy. The same applies to Paraguay. The quarter final match against Brazil will be open, but Brazil should get through they just need to sort out their defensive issues, because strikers like Nelson Valdes will talke advantage of any mistake
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
I'm calling it right now, the final is gonna' be between the winner of Brazil/Paraguay vs Argentina/Uruguay. I mostly think it's gonna' be Brazil vs Argentina but, Uruguay is a strong team and I can see Suarez & Forlan ripping that defence apart. If Costa Rica & Colombia were able to get through then it shouldn't a problem for Uruguay
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Whoever wins the quarterfinal between Argentina vs Uruguay will go all the way and win the Copa!
I think colombia is winning this.  
I think you're wrong...
Argentina lost so now I'd say Uruguay can do it!
True. I don't see Brazil putting up a strong fight
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
So much for Argentina and Messi :/
One of Uruguay's advantages over the other teams besides their quality is their WC experience and the fact that their squad pretty much the same. The penalty shoot out against argentina showed how well prepared their are

Kick4Life - changing lives through football