Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Would You Bring To Barca To Replace Henry?
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I would bring Perroti, Mata or Afellay
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Henry can still play 1 or 2 years at top level. Meanwhile, Pedro will continue to play and win a lot of experience. This year, pedro to score 3 goals in La Liga and 2 goals in champion's league. They are very good statistic for a first season. Why spend money when the best are at home
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
David silva, robinho (without the attitude), or ashley young. Young would need some time to adapt and learn to play barca's style but I think after a month or two he would fit in brilliantly
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
David Silva would be a perfect fit, he is a brilliant footballer, Barca would be unstoppable if he was on the left and Messi on the right. Or Ribery on the left, Ibra in the center and Messi on the right.... They would crush everyone and score at least five goals a game haha
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I love Da Silva. He's an incredibly talented left sided winger
Haha yea he's pretty great. And he's spanish. Not sure if ribery would work for barca. Him and ibra are both showboats at times and I'm not sure how well that could work. They need to keep talent mixed with work ethic and I don't think the frenchman has the work ethic. But if based solely on his talent, well lets just say barca would be unbeatable
Acmilano (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Robinho would fit in perfectly
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I agree
Another Frenchman, Franck Ribery
Good call
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Eh maybe Ronaldo?
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I agree with you totally! Ronaldo or maybe Ribery would stengthen their game even futher!    
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Maradona
Haha, he would have to lose about fifty pounds lol. Hopefully he wouldn't start doing the nose candy again under all the pressure haha
Johnbull (Millwall) 4 years ago
Hi Ant, I know we should forget about the Ireland game, but I had a vision pop into my head when I read this thread, do you remember the Kenny Everett charachter, I think he was a preacher, with those massive hands, a bit of a side track I know but I couldn't help it, (don't bother reading this if you're under 20, you probably wouldn't understand) he'd be a great replacement
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah I know exactly what you're saying - someone had made that exact joke over in the footy lookalikes thread!

Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Thanks for the recognition
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I'm eleven and that cracked me up! Lol I saw it in lookalikes as well
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
David Villla. He has always been wanting a high profile transfer and he is arguably the best striker in europe. He would be a great addition to barca, and would fit in well with ibrahimovic, messi, and iniesta.

Link: www.soccerzero.com/wp-content/uploads/200...
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Really any one that can play a little wide, I think Rooney or Silva would do the best
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Definitely Robinho for me
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I would bring Robinho or David Villa...
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Ribery, Robinho or mybe suarez....    Personally, I prefer Robinho.
Barca's formation seems to look like this:

------------Goalie-----------
Rb-----cb-----------cb-----lb
-------------dm--------------
--------cm------cm-----------
-w-------------------------w-
-------------cf--------------

Seems to me that in the attack, Ibra replaced Eto'o in the centre, Messi is on the right and Thierry is on the left. If he left Barca (or has he already done, if he has, sorry, I didn't know) I would say they should bring in one or even two decent wingers. Ribery would be great in Barcelona, I can imagine him, because he needs an even bigger club than his current one, Bayern Munich. David Sliva is an option as well, maybe even Joaquin (for those of you who don't know him, he's a winger for Valencia) I think he prefers to occupy the right flank though. You guys always take the players I'm thinking of away from me and I just have to repeat them!
PepeLePewPew (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Ribery and Robinho would probably fit best considering how Barcelona has been playing Henry. Two technical wingers like Ribery and Robinho would retain that ability to bring the sides in with pace for Barcelona and the passing quality would be on par as well
Ribery is so ugly but he is still very good
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
At this Time I will put Santa Carloza in there. Or maybe david silva. But I would hate it to happen lol
What team does robinho play for?
Man city.
Oh wait never mind. Manchester city hasnt played him for so long I thought that they had sold him
Injured I believe
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yes True
Apparently he was looking for a move to Barca because he wasn't getting a call by Mark Hughes so he can't be injured.... :S

Kick4Life - changing lives through football