Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Will Do Well In The Europa League This Year?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What the title says.
I see liverpool and man city as favourites but I can also see napoli, villareal, step up there game and maybe go into the finals. As an epl fan I'd like to see an all english final, but I'd aslo like to see Villareal vs Napoli.

Wbu guys?
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Dortmund got knocked out in the group stages
Whoops, I write posts for later use early and then I copy and paste, lol should've edited it. My bad, done
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
It would be very interesting to see what would actually happen if city reached the final and went on to win it. BVB are also a good team this season and I think they can make it to the semis but I don't think they'll win it. Liverpool could go far in this competition if they can keep up their good form but if they end up struggling again and losing matches in the EPL then I can't see them progressing beyond the quarters. Like you said if Napoli step up their game they can go to the final they certainly have what it takes to make it there. I would like to see a Man city vs Napoli final but we'll just have to wait and see what really happens
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I think that it is Man City's title to lose. We all know that they could beat anyone remaining in Europa league, it just depends how motivated the players are.

The best final for me would be Ajax vs Dortmund though. Would be a very even game I think
Forgot about Porto, they are a team that is doing awesome right now. Still undefeated in the league
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Still some pretty strong teams in the competition, just because they're not in the Champions League doesn't mean they're not of high caliber - Man City just hangs out in United's shadow, And Napoli, Dortmund, etc all have other teams usually above them in the standings, so I'm not surprised that there are so many good teams with a shot at the Europa
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Everyone seems to have city as the favorites but I am going for benfica
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Dynamo Kyiv, FC Porto, and Ajax look good to me - its not one team only that can win it - but anything can happen
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Napoli, Ajax, FC Porto, Dortmund, Manchester City, Liverpool
Yup, Hulk is on firing-form, I read a stat like 19 goals in 19 games or something like that, crazy, I doubt porto would let em go, so that's probably why no big club is after him, gotta' say he sounds like an amazing drogba replacement (even though we just got torres)
Yeah Hulk has a insane price tag but imo opinion if Benzema was worth 35 they were justified in a 40 price tag.

With Andy Caroll going at 35, 40 for Hulk would be undervalued imo
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Villarreal
Porto and Villareal final!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
A 100% Portuguese final could be possible.
If Porto manage to beat Villareal in the semis, they'll definitely be the favorites to win the europa League, when you see how they dominate the Liga Sagres. Sporting Braga are the good surprise of the competition, they can knock Benfica out, but overall Porto should win the trophy

SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Quite simply none of the enlgish teams, its just not our league. I know fulham and liverpool went close. But foriegn players in other leagues just want it more
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I think either Porto or Villareal will win it, whichever one makes it through. Braga can pull off a shock in the semis but I think it's the end of the road for them. So it could end up being an all Portuguese final

Kick4Life - changing lives through football