Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Will Be Europe's Goal King
Blooob (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Who will get the titel goal king in europa    Personly I think it will be messi
5 years ago
I am proud of that answer. Messi is the best and he is on the top of his game
On3two (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I would second that, Messi is a genius just how he plays and reads the game. If he doesn't top at least 25 goals this season I would be amazed
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Dzenko of Wolfsburg. He's tall skillful and clinical infront of the net
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Dzeko* and yes he is going to have the most goals this year
Tony (footytube staff) 5 years ago
Messi does not score enough goals, as much as I like him, he's no goal scorer.
You can toss-up between ronaldo and torres for that crown.
Proven goal machines
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Suarez (Ajax) has already scored 15 goals. It's huge after 1 / 4 of the championship. If it does not hurt, it will be very difficult to do better
StadeNyonnais (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I think messi is a very good player, but he doesn't score as many goals as some other prolific strikers, someone like torres will score more goals this season, but might not be as important to his team as messi is, messi is a very special player
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 5 years ago
Ibrahimavic is my tip for top scorer I have to admit he has prooven me wrong this year scince his moove to barca he is on FIRE!
Yeah definetly he has adopted to barcalona styl he scores easy now
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Drogba or eto'o maybe
Ciankc (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Yah drogba's in really good form and I would like him to score a ton
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
It's actually more likely to be a player in the German Bundesliga. If you mean the European top scorer at least. The Bundesliga is regarded as a top league, and the coefficient for a goal scored there is 2, just like the Premier league, the Serie A and La Liga in Spain. So a goal from Drogba against United is only valued as much as a goal from for example Edin Dzeko against HSV.

So I'm guessing that it will be a true goal-scoring striker, just like Dzeko. He scored about 30 last season, and he's only 22 and making good progress. I'm hoping it will be Messi or Ibra though
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yeah! Bosnians all the way, don't forget about Ibisevic (Hoffenheim) he was on the way to beat, Gerd Muller's (40) goals but than he got injured in the middle of the season hopefully he can come back strong this year and get something going, but either way Dzeko and Ibisevic are good, and they have great assistants in Salihovic and Misimovic
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Ibisevic couldn't do the same season as last year, now everybody knows him !
Remeber last year Alex Fergusson folowed the boy !
Now, he got a lot of pressure on his shoulders, to me he's good but not enough....
On the contrary Dzeko can do better things, he's good playing in a beautiful team and moreover he plays the Champions League : That's a motivation !
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
It's gonna' be N'kuffo or Moussa Dembélé !
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
It is true that the championship Netherlands is low, there mark many goals but this year is that messi if he continues like that...
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Messi beging good but he will play to much game with the liga, ueafa champions league etc....
But when your name is Messi nothing is impossible ! ;)
Messi was least year close but this year he is going to get it
Tokyoreddevil (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Ibrahimovic. Just look at the sevice he's getting!
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I think I would agree with Blooob because Messi has been on great scoring form lately. Ronaldo, who no-one's noticed yet I think has a good chance, after a great start to life in La Liga. He scored two free-kicks against Frankfurt in I think it was the Champions League.... Drogba and Eto'o like Jeroen said have a great chance to get the award. Personally though I think Messi, his scoring record is amazing considering his position as a winger, so I think if he impresses for Barcelona then everyone will expecting him to score goals and I think he does what the fans want him to. It's going to be a great race!
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I think it will be between Messi and Fernando Torres, if Torres can stay fit and we hit our stride in the league I think he might steal it. Messi is the greatest player in the world though, and he's scoring braces with ease while not even playing the whole match. That back heel Ibra made to Pique was incredible, if Messi receives passes like that there will be no denying him the golden boot
Theshid (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I agree Torres is on fire at the moment (33 goals in 34 home games) he' s a player who at least will be in the top 3 of premier league goalscorers if he can stay fit. As for Messi it depends he can score many goals I think he will score like 20 goals this season but will not be the best goalscorer I rather see a player like Ibrahimovic (I didn't expect to say that at the start of the season ) no only he' s a great player (altho he doesn't have the freedoom he used to have at inter) he got good midfielders behind him who can deliver good balls
Sam (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
People need to pay attention to Luis Suarez.... The uruguayan who plays for Ajax.... He is scoring goals like it is going out of style and is the only reason why Ajax are even ranked as high as they are!
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
I think you're gonna' be right with tha luis Juarez !  I saw that player He looks great !
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Players from great clubs like Ronaldo or Messi are going to play too much games during this year.... So they are going to be exposed to injuries etc...
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Not sure about messi. Pep had no problem resting him last year and he has an even deeper squad this season. I expect to see even more consistency (if that's possible) from little lionel this season
I think diego milito will do well, as well as drogs/anelka and of course messi and ibra. Not sure which of these will be the top but I think it will be one of them. Possibly gomez if he improves his goalscoring form since he'll have incredible service this season
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
Please.... Messi by at least 8 goals
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Drogba, it think if guadiola played messi more but he rests him quite often, I'd say iniesta could come close but he's been a sub for the past few games
Not sure if your theory about messi is correct. In fact I think its quite the opposite. Messi will maintain his consistency since pep rests him and thus will give barca more goals than he would if he were to play every match and gradually get worse as fatigue sets in
Zach (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Drogba may be the top scorer in the EPL but no chance for top scorer in Europe. The competition in the EPL is too stiff, the goal king will definitely come from the continent
I don't think drogs will even finish top scorer in the epl. He is a fantastic finisher but he is more of an engine than one of the wheels. He creates more goals than he scores. No complaints of course just saying I don't think he will be top scorer
FUTBAL (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Maybe messi or ronaldo
SzakalNH (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Messi or [C.] Ronaldo
DiegoFC (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Its going to be tight but I think it will be a player from the spanish league most likely between messi or [C.] ronaldo
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 5 years ago
It should be messi are CR

Kick4Life - changing lives through football