Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Should Win Fifa World Player Of The Year
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
For me the nominies should be Messi Iniesta Xavi Rooney Gerrard
Gerrard17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Rooney has not had a consistent season, he can be great, but also quite woeful. How many sitters did he miss?
Neonseong (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I believe Messi and Gerrard have the best chance to this year to win, but I'm pretty sure Messi will win it. Messi just had a lot more of a successful year compared to Gerrard. Always next year for Gerrard though because the guy deserve it
ZidaneTheLagend (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Agree With You. To In This Award You Have To Be A Player How Plays For The Club Who Win CupS And Leagues
Yeah gerrard has had a great season, just shows how world class he is by the number of champions league goals he's scored. Messi deserves it though definetely
Barca4life09 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Aggreed messi is the player of the year and gerrard is already a legend
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Messi will win.... If Rooney had scored more this season (had been in a more central role) he probably would have won. But as it is there's no question
No, Rooney Never In A Million Year's. And It's Not Really About Who Scores The Most Goal's Is It. LOL
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
You're crazy, Rooney has got worlds of talent and given one solid year of football will definitely be up in the running
And That Will Shock Me Really Really Badly.  And Am Not Creazy LOL
Yeah noo. Again consistency, stop missing sitters
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
Messi, but where's Ronaldo?
Ronaldo Will Be Among The Nominies But He won't Win It. I Can Tell You That Now. Messi Will Get It
Ronaldo is great but you could tell he just wasn't fully interetsed and wanted to leave for real. It reflected in his attitude and performance
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Messi!
For Sure
Defs
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ronaldo! Messi in second
No Gerrard Second. Anyway It's All About First
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
What ronaldo.... Did he play football
LOL
Gerrard 2nd
Ronaldo your crazy man, he scored like 19 goals and half were penalties plus everybody said that the fight for world player of the year will be decided in the final and messi was clearly better plus you can't be player of the year if you don't win anything well except for the bpl but messi won more scored more and played better
Hybr1dGunn3r (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Definitely Messi, if Ronaldo was any example last year, winning silverware is one of the best ways to get noticed. With Messi accomplishing as much as he did with Barca, he has an excellent chance of winning this year. Also, Ronaldo seemed to shine a little less this season
Tom (Manchester United) 4 years ago
1. Messi 2. Ronaldo 3. Iniesta    Gerrard won't place
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Agreed
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
If Ronaldo won dominantly last year, Messi wins that comfortable this year. Messi scored 38 goals in all competitions which is comparable to Ronnie's tally last season as well as 18 assists which is admirable. He also was an integral part winning the treble with Barca so therefore he clearly deserves to win the award
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 4 years ago
Probably Ronaldo, Messi (but I don't want him to be in their), and maybe gerrard
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yep
Dali (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Why is everyone saying Messi? Except for Samdagooner's response, why should he deserve the award?
Who do you think should get? Do you think you should get
Nice, answer me back with a question. Well, I guess our conversation is over then eh?
Which club through which you ill get nominated
Dalisalvadorade you have some kind off problem asking that question for that remark you should shoot your self and when someone asked your opinion you didn't say anything so just shut up
Hampard8 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think Messi deserves the award for several obvious reasons.
There is the fact that he finished tops in Champions League scoring this year.
There is the fact that he won the Champions League this year.
There is the fact that he helped to form what is being called the best strike trio of a Spanish club ever, even ahead of the one led by Puskas and Di Stefano for Real Madrid.
There is the fact that he got 38 goals and 18 assists in 51 games this season.
Theduke (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well spoken
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Nominees: Iniesta, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi    1st: Messi  2nd: Gerrard  3rd: Iniesta or Xavi
Theduke (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I agree here.... I see messi, due to the champions league
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Probably messi, winning the champions league will boost his chances significantly, asi it seems the player of the year has always won the champions league
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
How can you honstly say ronaldo shouldnt be there, that's a joke. And is messi wins my faith in FIFA will have dropped dramatically.

Messi is one of the most over-rated players. He does the same thing every time, cuts in the shoots. You can say he scored however many goals but that's hardly surprising with the team he was playing, their the most attacking team in the world(makes it that much easier). Yes he does deserve to be in top 5 but to give him number 1 for me would be an outrage to football. I still can't believe that footytube users have also voted his goal in UCL final as the forth best goal this week and it was like 2 last week. How was that goal good? It was s**t defending from Man utd (ferdinand in particular) and he had a free header, woopty fking doo.

1. Ronaldo 2. Iniesta/Gerrad 3. Rooney/Torres

Ronaldo has just been ronaldo. Gerrard has had an amazing season. Rooney torres are just skillful and consistent team players.
Last year ronaldo scored more goals and much more silverware but this the tables have turned he hit the all time low.... Messi is gonna' sweep the polls
JosiahsOnFire (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Over-rated? .... And you put Ronaldo first? Who scored more goals this season in their league? Who was top scorer of the UCL? Who WON the Champions League and managed to score a goal (not an amazing one but decent) in it?

You say Ronaldo will win it.... But here's a question for you....

Would you put money on it?
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
You already know the answer
No I would put money on it bcus douches likeyourself like a player who is a preditable midget.
And too answer those little comments like i've said messi plays for the most attacking team in the world he would be s**t if he hadnt scored a lot of goal and Ronaldo was out injured at the start of the season as you would know if you played a decent league of football is that after being injured or out for a while you can't just come back and rip up, you have to re-adapt.

My point above also counts for UCL, most attacking team what do you expect? For him to score is expected and would be expected for any world class player.

Who cares if he WON the champions league that doesn't make him a good player, it means he plays for a good team, just for mentioning that it make you even more of a douche.

And for him to score in the final as I also said in my previous comment, it was s**t deffending not a good goal, he had an unmarked header from 7 yards out?

And as ZidaneTheLagend said a few comments up "It's Not Really About Who Scores The Most Goal's Is It. "

I said ronaldo because I believe he is the best player in the world, saying that I would not be unhappy is iniesta/gerrad/rooney won it

Now I can honstly say that messi will win it. But what I'm trying to say is that he doesn't deserve it as he is not or had the awe that the best player in the world gives audiences
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Sound a bit bitter to me...
I still think Ronaldo is the best player in the world too. I see more in him than Messi. I really think people like to hate Ronaldo and praise Messi, for no justifiable reason
Don't be hatin
DaliSalvadorAde is one of the few intelligent people here
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Theres no reason for personal attacks Adamaus
Ya adamus you need to wake up because I don't know where you have been this last year those comments don't make sense or really don't mean anything he is excpected to score? Everyone who is a forward is excpected to score, he is amazing you should watch a barca game once in a while. I can no say last season ronaldo was on the best team in the world so he was excpected to score so maybe he didn't deserve it. By they way I can really tell how mature and intelegent you are when you have homer as your pic and all of you comments and accusations don't make sense and if you don't like fifa the stop watching football because messi will win fifa player of the year
I want to say Messi but, I don't want to let the Champions League final be the final judgment, especially when it takes place in May! There's still a lot of football to be played
Waiting for qualifiers
Dido
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
If you did gauge it on the champions league final though, Iniesta would be the likely winner

Kick4Life - changing lives through football