Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Is Best Manager Of Recent Time ???
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Managers are the one who build team....

Cos recently liverpool where way down under due to lack of money....

So is it really necessary to have wealthy owner? .... Take xample of manchester under heavy debt than also SAF's team is still one of the best....

Wise manager survive under every condition. And sir ALEX have proved it, recently in manchetsr's squad almost evry imortant player was injured but than also SAF have come up with some good results....

Mourinho :- another great manager who is the only manager to win champions league with 2 different clubs, he cluod be on verge of doin it with 3 teams....

He has fire power, I never imagined in my dreams that inter Could win champions tropgy with that team but mourinho took best out of his team anf they won it.... Importantly the best matvh was against barca in second leg they almost defended in whole game like rock....

Bst manager is

SAF and mourinho for me....
Also reply for this que in your post....

Is it really necessary for manager to have wealthy owner or manager can do with it with mediocre owner?

RuudBoy (Manchester United) 3 years ago
You need a good owner to have a good manager. Its impossible to have a good manager through a bad owner. A good manager will make use of almost anything and make it work magic. Sir Alex is the all time greatest manager for me, second to Sir Bobby Charlton. My third is Harry Redknapp and 4th Jose Mourinho. Mourinho is behind Redknapp because I think what Harry Redknap has done in his career is amazing. Some of the teams he has had to mould have been low class flops: Pourtsmouth! And then Tottenham are the latest. They were facing relegation too now they are busy marching through the champions league almost effortlessly. He has turned Gareth Bale from the kid who simply couldn't win to being the most wanted man in england. I truly believe spurs could be on the verge of something special, the final is being held in London who wants to bet against me that they won't be there?
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
If redknapp takes them all the way then I might just agree with you
It's not necessary to have a very rich owner but it definitely helps managers who want to make changes to the team and bring in their own players. But they would at least require an owner who would keep the club stable and provide some money
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
SAF is the best manager in recent times, no questions asked in my opinion. My argument for this is that SAF has stayed at the same club and built success rather than bought it. People like scholes, giggs, nveille, butt, who were all brought through the youth system flourished under SAF. Then you have people like sloksjaer, schmeichal, and cristiano ronaldo who were spotted while their price was cheap, and especially in the case of [C.] ronaldo, grown into worldwide known players. SAF is an all- around great manager.
The argument for mourinho would be he has champions league titles as well, and that he brought FC porto through the competition, but in my opinion (nudged on by my manchester united bias) SAF is the best
But fergie hasn't won may cups in any other league or any other club so I'm not sure if he really is the best of all
@footyrulz
Actually he has nurtured max no of quality players.... And madrid has been regular customer of manchester united players.... Beckham, nistelrooy, ronaldo....

So winning trophies may not be the point for fergusion.

Chicarito on his way to greatness and nani already showing glimpses of ronaldo(although he is cheat but no one can ever doubt his flair)....

Fabio and rafael. I love those two guys the have geat future at club....

So whatever quality players he brings in he make sure they gets chance and not sold unused....

Macheda:- he ruined liverpool's season in 2008 by scoring some last minuite goals....
So whaever players he have sent onfield they have always made some good impacts....
Fergusion undoubtedly best for me!
FORZAJUVEPIERO (Juventus) 3 years ago
My pick is Giovanni Trapattoni. Although Mourinho might surpass Trapattoni while at Real Madrid, he still is playing catch up. Trapattoni's list of accomplishments are quite amazing:

- Only coach to have won all UEFA club competitions and the World Club title
- Only coach to have won all UEFA club competitions and the International Cup
- One of two coaches to win all three major European Club titles (UEFA Cup, European Cup, Cup Winner's Cup)
- One of two coaches to win the league title in four different countries (Italy, German, Portugal, Austrialia) - 10 total
- Fourth coach with the most international competitions for clubs won in the world - second in Europe - with seven titles in eight finals

Perhaps I am biased because he was most brilliant as the manager of Juventus, but you can not doubt his ability.

I still agree that SAF and Mourinho are great managers
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I kinda support what you say, even if you are a Bianconeri...
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Trap is simply the best
In his entire career perhaps but not in recent times
I think it also depends on what recent time means. If you're talking about the last decade only then probably mourinho
Sharpoon (Hull City) 3 years ago
How anyone can argue against Alex Ferguson is beyond me, and I hate Man you
So assuming recent time means the last decade which is 2000-2010:
SAF
1 ucl
6 titles
1 fa cup
3 league cups

Mourinho
2 ucls
1 uefa cup
6 league title
5 cups
3 domestic super cups

Del bosque
2 la ligas
1 spanish super cup
2 ucls
1 uefa super cup
1 fifa club world cup
Wc 2010
Looks like del bosque and morinho have a good case against fergie
3 years ago
Luis Aragonés was manager of Spain for Euro 2008 and I don't believe that Del Bosque has ever won the Copa Del Rey as a manager?

But that aside, my pick would be Guus Hiddink
Yeah he won the copa del rey when he was in charge of rm during the galacticos era
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Wouldnt the domestic supercup be something like the community shield?
SAF  1 ucl  6 titles  1 fa cup  3 league cups  4 charity shield  1 Club World Cup
Del Bosque won copa del rey 4 times as a player, never as a manager
Ok mourinho was still the better in the last decade
EDIT
RuudBoy (Manchester United) 3 years ago
You cannot start pickin which time period to look at if you are trying to be fair. Because then I would say lets talk about the last 15 years instead of ten. And then sir alex has the same number of champions league medals as mourinho:2, more league titles, more FA cups, more carling cups, more community shiels, more club world cups, and more prestige

Kick4Life - changing lives through football