Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who D'ya Like Ronaldo Or Messi?
Fcb100 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Choose messi because he's da best  
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Messi is #1, [C.] Ronaldo doesn't come close at this moment in time
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Messiah for sure, Ronaldo is third best to Steve Gerrard right now in my opinion, Messi is god
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
In my opinion messi was always better than ronlado and will be
I agree
Goonaboy213 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Messi all the way. Ronaldo is WAY too arogant and I'm an arsenal fan so....
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Not fair! You guys are all for teams against Man Utd
And, Ronaldo. Ronaldo all the way!
Come on Ronaldo fans lets show them
Who is the best!
Nope, it's just not true, Messi is so much better, even from a neutral point he just can change the game in so many ways. Ronaldo.... Can do step overs and score a few goals, but just look at the stats Messi is way better. 6 goals in the Champions league to Ronaldo's 1, Messi has way more assists as well. Neither of them can defend haha, but Messi can get the ball back if someone takes it from him through tenacity, Ronaldo would just fall over and complain and cry
Messi is only 21 or he may have turned 22 recently still very young compared to Ronaldo. The only thing Ronaldo is better at is taking free kicks for goals I believe Messi puts in better balls to his teammates than Ronaldo, and going for goal is something I believe Messi can develop, under one of the masters of set pieces: Diego Maradona
RedForUnited (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Messi messi messi ! Though I'm a united fan. No, seriously
DudeJr (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Messi.    
Liffy (Partick Thistle) 5 years ago
Don't you also have to take into account the standard of defending in the respective leagues? I'm not saying spanish defending is poor, or english defending great. It's just difficult to make a comparison without seeing them both play against the same players.
Having said that, Messi is the player I would rather have in my team, although I'm not sure the mighty partick thistle is on his wish list...
Haha probably not what league is Parick Thistle in? Just wondering haha (Scottish league?)
Liffy (Partick Thistle) 5 years ago
The heady heights of the Scottish First Division. That's one below the Scottish Premier League. Which is about 6 below the English Premier League...
Nice man that is awesome you support that club
You don't realize who won the Fifa world player of the year. You are might say the whole thing was rigged or it was just because he won the Champions League. I don't
Buy that
Oli08 (VfL Bochum II) 5 years ago
Messi for me is the better player, because he is a team player, Ronaldo is a cry baby, he only seems to play for his own glory. Nonetheless they are both great in their own way. As far as weaker defenders in Spain I don't believe that at all, England is the most exciting league to watch but from a tactics point of view it is crap, I know they have 4 teams still in the Champions league right now, but what has England's national team done on the international stage, and that is mainly due to their defence. Any ways for me Messi is the best and most exciting player in the world
Oli08 (VfL Bochum II) 5 years ago
And in any case gerrard is the best, he is a leader and look what he has done for liverpool, it his talent that makes that team good, without him they play and look like crap. I would like to see messi or ronaldo do that for their teams
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Messi is a great example of a world class player    Ronnie on the other hand acts like a spoilt child    
So do you Sergio
[account-removed] 5 years ago
Lol

Ronnie has been better for the past 2 year aAnd in Euro's and world cups he won the young player of the tournament. He was going to win again in 2006, but because of the Rooney incident he didn't.

And those who say he is not a team player how can you say that?

He had 19 Assists in one year and 10 Assists in the other, all while scoring 23 goals and 42 Goals in a season.
And he is a winger. This year he has 18 Goals already!

Everybody thinks because of his phenomenal season last year he has been crap this year

[account-removed] 5 years ago
Messi vs Ronaldo:

Heading: Ronaldo
Shooting: Ronaldo
Passing: Messi
Dribble: Messi
Pace: Ronaldo
Aggression: Ronaldo
Vision: Messi
Free Kicks: Ronaldo

Defending: NONE of them, they're absolute shite! LOL!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football