Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Do You Believe To Be The Best Veteran Still Playing?
Juveseria (Juventus) 3 years ago
They may be older than the rest of the squad but many of these elite players, can still produce magic to win their team games and indeed score goals,

Players such as Ryan Giggs, Del Piero, Raul, Totti, the list just goes on, Who do you think is the best still playing veteran.

Personally I think Del Piero - but then again I'm a Juventus supporter
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I have a great respect for Edwin van der Sar of Manchester United
Juveseria (Juventus) 3 years ago
He seems to only get better by age
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'm waiting for him to retire already lol ¬_¬
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Your wish came true.... Lol
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Totti for sure. Literally carries Roma in his heart, and they always look deflated without Totti.  
Totti is my Favorite. Maybe after him comes Ryan giggs
Adamaus (Manchester United) 3 years ago
The 3 best Vets = Van Der Sar, Giggs, Scholes
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Very much agreed
Definetly totti
Alanbroo (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Ryan giggs and vieira maybe...
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Atm, Francesco Totti, he is a starter and still bangs in goal after goal, I kinda wish Roma win a a europen cup, just for totti
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Totti does deserve it. He is such an amazing player
His form went down from 2 seasons back, but still an a exceptional player
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
For me the top 3 veterans are Zanetti, Raul & Del Piero
Nesta could be added in this list too
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I don't know if Steve Gerrard really qualifies as a veteran considering he is only 31(though that is quite old in football terms, I believe Zidane retired at 32) and I think Stevie's got a lot more legs left in him. But if he does he is the best in my opinion. The way he is always rescuing points driving the team to be better than it sometimes is, he is the greatest example of a captain I have ever seen on a football pitch.

He does seem a couple seasons past his prime, yet he is still the talisman for Liverpool football club. This season can be one of his finest he is fit, has a great manager and will have to earn his spot with Adam, Meireles and Aqua all in the squad. He has been one of the most consistent players of his generation and played in countless big matches, a true icon and legend of LFC. He hasn't had a bad go of it at the World Cup either, being the top scorer for England in 2006 and scoring the first goal for them against the USA in 10
Steven Gerrard hasn't lost a bit yet, I'd say, so I cannot approve his "veteran" status yet.

On a different note, I'm stunned at some people claiming that LFC are better without him, Heck, he just had an injury and people are upon him...
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Whoever says Liverpool are better without Stevie G is rather stupid in my opinion, he's the man
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
On the Liverpool page. When one person asked for their starting 11 for next season I was shocked that people put Gerrard on the bench
Those people are Man UTD fans.... Lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football