Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Are The Best Lef Footed Players On The Pitch ???
RetroFC (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Left footed players are less than right footed players on the pitch. IMO, I have 3 best players for that, share yours here....

1. Lio Messi
2. Roberto Carlos
3. Ryan Giggs
Vivaldi (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I would say:

1. Adriano (Flamengo): I'm very disappointed for his return to Brazil and his problems with alcohol. He's got the most powerful left foot I've ever seen. Hope to see him at World Cup.

2. Messi (Barcelona)

3. Vargas (Fiorentina): I think currently he is the best left wing in the world
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Robin Van Persie, and of course Messi left foot sent straight from god on that boy
Keong (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Giggsy the best!
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Striker

Raul. He has been brilliant and is the hero of many Real Madrid fans. He is very humble, very seldom gets booked, inspirational captain on the Galacticos.

Winger

Lionel Messi hands down. Any doubt about that? He is the best left-footer winger ever in the history (although I can't confirm about that). He is still only 22 and a lot has compared him to Maradona and definitely would be better than him some time. This little Argentine can use both of his feet, but his preferred foot is definately his left. He plays on the right side, and uses his left foot to good effect as he cuts inwards and dazzles the opposition defence.

Midfields

David Silva. Been brilliant in Valencia, and is the rock on the left-side for Spain. He also can play the centre-forward which he does in Valencia. People do tend to compare Villa over him, but without him, how can Villa get great passes and then convert it into goals? One of the many figures that led Spain to the South Africa.

Wing-backs

Patrice Evra. I think he's been rock solid in the Manchester United left-back right now. He defends well, have great pace, passes well, marks well and he goes forward when he is needed. A left back that many teams needed, such as Liverpool.

Centre-backs

Paolo Maldini. One of the best and the best leader ever, can play both left-back and centre-back. Inspirational captain of AC Milan. It's sad to see him retire just this season.

Goalkeepers

Iker Casillas. He is the best right now, he saved Real Madrid's skins everytime they made a mistake. His reflexes is lightning-fast and dives just brilliantly. One of the best keeper right now in La Liga.
Woww.... You pick the best players by position. I think roberto carlos is better than evra, he can scored too
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Yeah I know Carlos is better, but I'll give chance to the stage right now. Not 4-5 years before. You may say Maldini won't be able to fit in the charts since he has already retired, but even if he doesn't retire, he would be one of the best left-footed centre-backs of all
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Incuteration's picks are all mainly right. There is certainly more than one for each though. Messi, without a doubt, is the best left-footed player in the World right now. Giggs was, for all those years playing for Wales and Manchester United before Lionel stepped up onto the stage; Same with goalkeepers - Casillas is a great left footed goalkeeper, but Petr Cech is there with the best as well - not, obviously with how he uses his left foot (because he isn't very sturdy and good at kicking under pressure) but Casillas isn't either, because goalkeeping is mainly about saving, not kicking. So, like Casillas, the good left-footed goalkeepers include him AND Cech.

Van Persie and Raul for strikers have already been mentioned because they are two of the best - I don't watch La Liga a lot but I certainly see the Premier League games and if you watch how Van Persie strikes his free kicks, you'll probably think, like I do that he is probably the most accurate shooter in the World. But remember that goal he scored against Liverpool, all with his right foot? It shows that the best players in the World (and I said this before), need to be at least a good player with their "weaker" foot.

Wing-backs, on the other hand, include Roberto Carlos mainly, I'm not sure about Evra.

IMO, there isn't many I could think of now that haven't been mentioned already. Just Fabregas, who scored at the weekend using his left foot for part of when he went round the players and if you watch Ronaldo closely, sometimes he uses his left foot for dribbling etc.

Good thread BTW
Vicente of Valencia was my fave left footed player, he was so damn good as a left winger
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I always loved Nakamura, and still do haha. Shunsuke has one of the most blessed left boots I have ever seen He played in a great cross just the other day to set up a goal against Getafe for his new side Espnayol. But who could forget the free kick he scored against Manchester United in the Champions League a few years ago, legendary stuff
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
My current top 5 :  1. Van Persie  2. Messi  3. Raul
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Messi because he is the best player in the world.
Van Persie because he is a modern striker.
Giggs and raul for their entire football career.

And Vermaelen for his debut with Arsenal
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Van persie, messi, Adriano and Borriello(!)
Senthil (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Ronaldo(brazil) who done great jobs in milan! I mssed him
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 5 years ago
It is of course Van Persie
Yeah, Van Persie plays with style, just like his compatriot, Bergkamp the legend
Juno (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Messi is right up there as the best lefty.
Juan Manuel Vargas of Fiorentina gets a vote from me. Great 2 years at Fiorentina.
Van Persie plays gallantly at Arsenal.
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Number 1 - Lionel Messi
Not only is Messi the best left footed player in the world, he is the best footballer in the world full stop. The little argentine can use both of his feet, but his preferred foot is definately his left. He plays on the right side, and uses his left foot to good effect as he cuts inwards and dazzles the opposition defence.

Messi with a superb goal against Getafe, which he only goes and scores with his right foot!
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Hers the link for messi goal:-

Kick4Life - changing lives through football