Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Top Players Will Leave At The End Of This Season To New Clubs
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Ok we all have heard through the rumor mill about many players being tracked and offered contracts, so lets make some predictions on who will really leave, and to which team!
Will wayne rooney leave to another club like barcelona or real madrid, they say Man UTD is having some cash problems and they might have to sell rooney

David villa is wanted by every single club hahaha, will he leave for real madrid, as he was supposed to last year?

Edin dzeko a great finisher wanted by many english sides, I believe arsenal will be the perfect fit for him, but he is linked to ac milan as well

Cesc fabregas and the rumors of going to his home team barcelona, as a bracelona fan my mouth waters thinking of this transfer, he will fit right in the barcelona style of play

Frank ribery wanted by real madrid, its been said that robben went to bayern to ease the exit of ribery at the end of the season, he is also wanted by barcelona, and also robben adviced him to go to barca instead of madrid

Alexander pato wanted by real madrid, he don't they want to have all they know how to do is spend money hahaha

To talk about just a team- man. City is also bidding high for a lot of top players they have the money to do so, look for big signings from them

Ac milan is also planning for many players and they need em and quickly, dzeko, yepez, benzema, cacau and so on they need big signings

Sergio aguero wanted by chelsea and man city

And we can go on and on but which is going to be the transfer to talk about this offseason?
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Rooneys not going anywhere!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think we could see some big changes again this summer. Teams like Liverpool and Real Madrid and Arsenal may have problems keeping their players for different reasons.

Liverpool won't be in the top 4 and players like Torres may want to play for a team that is in the Champions League.

Real Madrid has played great this year but the team struggles in big games and there is alot of talent sitting on the bench at Madrid.

Cesc Fabregas has said to the press he want's to go back to Barca and has rejected Arsenal's latest new contract offer. We may see Cesc in Blue and red next year
Arsenal need a 9 quickly, with all the injuries suffered this season that's their main objective I believe and if fabregas leaves replacing him ofcourse, also gallas might leave at the end of this season, I believe dzeko will do great at arsenal, your def. Right about torres liverpool needs to make some signings to keep his star players interested in staying at anfield, real madrid just want to buy their titles can't seem to get it right quite yet
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Madrid may still be dumb enough to sell higuain. Biggest mistake ever in my oppinion.

Ribery may go to real for next season if they send in a bid, otherwise, I see him at bayern again.

Dzagoev and akinfeev are likely to go to bigger clubs as well.

I don't think rooney will be going anywhere and fabregas is a mistery. I also think torres will stay put. He has certainly found a home at liverpool
Hahahaahahahaa that real thing is true, I believe ribery neeeeds to leave bayern I want to see him in a big club next year, dzagoev I believe should go to premier league arsenal need him badly, fabregas has barca dna like xavi said, he will fit right in barca, and rooney I can't see him going anywhere, I believe Man UTD fans will rage! Hahaha
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
If they win the Bundesliga and Champions League, there would be no reason for Ribery to leave. He'd get a healthy pay raise anyway, winnings, and the knowledge that he is already in one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Besides, things will have to change a little in midfield before Ribery has a secured spot. Maybe with the exodus of Guti. But he doesn't even find constant time
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
If Bayern win the Bundesliga and Champions League, It makes every reason for him to leave, as he would then declare he won what is the biggest prize in German football and European football with Bayern, its time for a new challenge
That is a very good point juno, and he will also feel like he doesn't owe the club anything because he will feel like he gave them everything he could, and do you see bayern making it that far again in ucl? I think not
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I still think Ribery will one day move, more probably in the summer, but only a little chance. I think Torres will move to a team like Barca. I also think Xabi Alonso will go back to Liverpool and Henry back to the Prem!
There has been talk about henry going to the mls, to ny red bulls but who knows, torres at barca very nice, ribery has to move he is a great player and needs to play for a bigger team
I would love to see Franck at Stamford Bridge. Not just cause I'm a fan, but he's got plenty of fellow frenchmen at Chelsea. Deco out, Ribery in?
Yeah he would look good at chelsea, I believe he will fit in and give chelsea a new team dynamic he will bring a lot to the table it would be very interesting to see him playing for the blues
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I could see torres in chelsea or maybe madrid.... But never barca. I don't know why. I believe the chemistry will suck....

My opinion
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He'd fit in really anywhere but Barca. He's just not that type of player
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
Great topic

Ok so I predict:

Ribery will sign for Real Madrid

Henry will leave Barcelona

Fabregas will stay

Jose will leave for another top club maybe Liverpool or Real Madrid

And some more players will be leaving real madrid
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Jose is tending more to leave for Liverpool.... His love for England is the reason! He said also that he wants to build something.... Maybe Liverpool is a good destination
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
If anything, Jose wanting to build something would push hime more towards Manchester City. I know he dreams of creating a dynasty such as SAF's. And what better place to do that than at an unproven rival club? Anyway, I bet he sticks with Inter another season
Jose murinho is the one we are talkin about to be clear? Cause if that's the case he said it himself his next destination will problably be la liga because no coach has won the premier, seria a and la liga and he wants to be the first!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Mourinho will most likely return to England. He's made it public plenty of times that he misses the English way of football and I agree with Eric that Man City (if they want to replace Mancini) would be a good destination
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
Mourinho already turned down city. I know wenger is doing a great job but I think arsenal would be a great club for him or maybe united
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
@Somere: to United? I don't think SAF would welcome this statement
A lot of people seem to want the "Special One" at United lately. Jeez. But I just don't see it working any time soon.

Not as long as SAF is still kickin. Don't worry, United fans. The day will come when the Glazers will lead him behind the stables with their pump-action...
Not to sound cocky but I think I deserve a medal for my predictions except Ribery but he has had some trouble lately.... Not to blow my own trumpet lol
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
If Rooney leaves to fund the debt built by the Glazers, there will be riots. So I wouldn't count on that.

I'd be stunned if Fabregas didn't consider a move to Barca if it was on the table. I guess they want him to be the successor to Xavi in midfield. Arsenal need to keep him. If he was in the squad yesterday, Barca would have been down 2-0 within minutes of each other and it would have changed the face of the game (I'm talking about the poor choice of a pass that Diaby made.... Cesc would have slotted in Walcott and it would have been 2-0 Arsenal).

Ribery would probably go. Bayern could use the money for a few more quality players.

Dzeko is as good as gone to the EPL.

Benzema will head to the EPL
I agree rooney going would probably cause the glazers to be assassinated. I think Fabregas will stay for at least another season or 2. I think Barca will go in for the buy when Xavi gets abit older.
I could see Ribery going ONLY if bayern don't over price him.

I can deffinatly see Dzeko and Benzema move, my only hesitation with benzema is that real would won't to get there money back. I'm literally praying to god that united buys one of them. I want to see a powerful united strike partnership again. Also I'm keen to see how Javier Hernandez goes
Do you guys think the economic crisis going on in spain right now will make some superstars leave for the premier or seria A?
Prem is even worst and tax is so high even the top clubs are strugling with club owner and debt
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Marouaine chamakh looks to be outta' bordeaux. Such a sick striker who will make a name for himself no matter where he ends up. As for your last post francesco, I don't think we will see many stars leaving real or barca aside from those already mentioned. We may see henry leave as well but most of these players will be happy where they are at
He is going to arsenal. I know it. He admires wenger, and well wenger is a peado. No just joking, but seriousley it would be nice to see how well he does. He has had a very good season at bordoeux this season
David villa, and luis fabiano are 2 huge strickers that I see leaving to bigger clubs, specially after the WC
Now I like this. Not Villa, he may be convinced he's the new Ronaldo with a new record-breaking paycheck.

But Luis Fabiano will be 30 in the fall. He's playing great, and he's a hot commodity for any club to have. A table-climbing team in the EPL or Italy may net his services if they are trying to bring in experienced play-makers. He would be a god at Spurs. Arsenal? Never know these days. But for clubs that can't afford to get players into the 20 mills, players like Fabiano will be warred over
Very true, he would fit right in arsenal and they need a forward immediately as well as some experience
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Fabiano was being hawked to Milan at the beginning of the season and was priced at over 18 mill if I remember right. Milan buckled with the lack of funds and he stayed put at Sevilla. Once the WC is over with, his stock is bound to go up in all likelihood and I can't see Sevilla letting him leave for anything lower than the price offered to Milan. He certainly won't be joining any mid-table premier league teams IMO. Although Spurs did spend 18 million on Darren Bent. Darren Bent. Wacky world hey?
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
David Villa will definetly leave. I think he would go at Manchester United
Cesc Fabregas will leave Arsenal and go to Barcelona.
Ribery will leave Bayern and go to Real Madrid
Dzeko will go in Premier League at Arsenal.
Jose Mourinho, after winning champions league, will go to Real
Dzeko won't suit the premier league. I said it
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I definitely think one of the Valencia boys will move, hopefully to us
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I cannot see how Berbatov could remain in Man UTD after this season! I`m sooo disapointed for his game this year. Let him go for God sakes! We need players we can rely on!

He's got 12 goals. That's at least on the leader-board. Rooney is just hogging all your goals. Or was.

I would like Berbs to leave, though. He could be a first-choice striker anywhere but United. Imagine him and Torres...
I'm with Ktorum lets him go, he is not the type of player we can put on and expect to threaten for some goals. He is either outstanding or useless
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Don't forget that a couple of seasons ago, Berb was banging in goals and creating many assists for Tottenham. I guess he just doesn't fit into Fergusons game plans, like Tevez
I ve never liked berbatovs play for some reason, he is to rigid, but he does make goals, but at Man UTD he has been practically useless for my opinion, they should let him go, I believe someone like luis suarez the young uruguayan striker will fit in the Man UTD offense perfectly, also kun aguero from atl madrid, or even a luis fabiano
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I agree, Kun Aguero is kind of a "dream-signing!"    
What about Di Natale!
You can't get David Villa to leave Valencia unless they set the place on fire. A coalition of clubs may try to do just that to weaken his resolve.

All the big name clubs will play transfer in, transfer out. Spurs will lose (meaning SELL) Crouch for sure, and maybe pounce on a newly-fired veteran from another club. It would keep them near the top of the EPL table, and possibly the Champions League....

Everton will PRY Landon Donovan back to Goodison Park. The fans adore him, the whole EPL respected him. On fire. Soo.... Landy D is leaving the LA Galaxy!

Tag along with that Clint Dempsey. If he continues to play as he has, he may be moving this summer. American players don't mind moving on up if they can, if Landy D is any indicator, and Fulham just won't push past mid table. He could challenge for a first-team spot at some of the top clubs. He's gone.

Fabregas= may leave if Barca win the EPL and UCL and Arsenal win.... Nothing. Everybody feeds him the winner mentality, eventually he will want to win something. Other clubs will definitely challenge, though.

Torres. Yes, the Fernando one. After this season he has to decide what he wants to do. Liverpool may not be on his to do list after this season. It may be a leap across the Channel, or it may be a shorter hope up the EPL table. Torres has muy mucho thinking to do.

I want to see Jose at a new big club, too. I like Liverpool, but he may just want to move up in quality.... And paycheck. Real is the probable destination.

What if Rafa did have to move? Where would he go? I like a Spanish team definitely. Madrid for Rafa? That is tantalizing....

Ribery? What's the point? I don't see him as the type to go to a club over prestige and history.... He seems more content with a paycheck. And if my guess is horrendously askew, why bother? He will be with the Bundesliga champions, and possibly the UCL champs. He'd already be a winner. With a bigger paycheck the next year. And assured playing time, which gives you added incentives. When you got to Madrid, you lost advertising money because you can't be a star on that team easily. Nah. He'll stay in Munich, or go to another big name club that is equally prestigious. I would love him with compatriots Malouda and Anelka at the Bridge.... But he may appreciate Patrice Evra's current squad more .

Pato WILL leave and the Italian countryside will be set ablaze in retaliation. Spain will console them with food and water, but take Pato to barca or Real.

Henry may leave- may. If Barca finish strong, and win 1 or two majors, he will probably stay. If not, you have to ask if he feels up to being a number 1 striker, or a solid number 2; he could be that a great number of Premiership clubs. Barca won't hesitate to bring in fresh blood at the end of this campaign. Who knows. We may actually see Henry go to New York. But if he finishes strong this season with Barca and still wants to leave, he may reevaluate and move to a Premiership club for a few years first.

Lets just say every frenchmen will move. Haha. Because I see Anelka happily moving for Chelsea to bring in new blood.

And Dzeko.... Barca anybody? Maybe. Or he may be Chelsea's new blood. Or United's. Don't think the big clubs aren't paying attention to a 24-year old as good as he is. If he goes, he will go to a big time team.

I also predict a few more Americans leaving the US for bigger clubs, or leaving other European clubs for even bigger European clubs. We may see an American starting in the big 4 in the next 5 years.... And all the older players they replace coming the the MLS. :)
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Ahem,sorry sire,Pato will NOT leave,and the Italian football will not retaliate,either.

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/04/09/1870412/a...

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/04/09/1870820/a...
As long as Pato doesn't get any 8-figure bids, he'll stay happily then. But Milan better start raking in silverware if they want to retain one of their brightest stars
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
LOL, Valencia was set on fire.... hmm...
Uhhm.... I'm still in the states. Wasn't me, promise. Haha

Reading all those predictions is so funny now. Some were so wrong. Some were right. I love making audacious guesses
I see no one has mentioned luis suarez, a lot of teams are watching and I believe he will have a strong showing at the wc, he is 23 I believe and very talented, he is playing for psv right now scoring goals like crazy, he would be a great catch for any team I see him fitting in Man UTD perfectly also arsenal
I want him at liverpool, a great star. And yes only 23. Not sure how we will cope in the premier league though
Oh and I forgot sergio el kun aguero, another great young forward playing for atl. Madrid, has been scoring many goals, very talented and young, its been said chelsea has been talking to him for a while now, but I don't see him fitting in at chelsea or getting any playing time passed anelka and drogba
Then again Chelsea and United are buying half the Primera....

Drogba is still great, and so is Anelka. But they may not be for much longer. They have to start bringing in new players to replace them. Chelsea's massive roster is going to empty out this summer, and then absorb new stars.

At least Deco will leave.
What Deco? He aint bad. Just keeps getting injured and such. Damn.... If you sell ballack you will regret it big time I'm telling you
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Deco wants to go, one last hurrah in Brazil and I think Chelsea are going to release him rather than sell him. Ballack though is most likely staying. His contract runs out but there's a clause for an extension and he's an incredible asset to have even when on the bench. He is a big personality within the squad, one of the leaders. His kids goto school in London and he's settled in. The German has atleast one more solid season left in the tank, maybe 2. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a really good WC and came back with batteries recharged to play at the highest level.

Aguero's transfer sum and wages are MUCH too high, and I hope Carlo doesn't spend 40-50 million on one player. We'll leave it to the ridiculous Madrid suits for that kind of lunacy. I also heard recently that Aguero is being linked with Inter and Maradona -papa-in-law, has always advised him to join a club in Italy. So he could go that way after the World Cup

Kick4Life - changing lives through football