Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Of Your Team's Youngsters Are You Most Excited About?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
For me, by a mile it'd have to be Josh McEachran. He has next lampard written all over him. This season he was given quite a few games, and is probably the most on-track youth gem at Chelsea. He was often deployed as a Holding Midfielder, but he is in the mould of lampard as a no. 8 attacking midfielder. His dribbling is alsq quite good, and every time he gets the ball you know something is going down, And thankfully the full-of-bullshit board understands how much potential this kid has, sending him to functions with the great lampard and john terry.

But of course they're others. Sturridge (Only 21, and hopefully a starter next season), Kakuta of course, he could over take Joshy here, huge potential, could be a French Superstar, just needs to get over his confidence issue, and ten there are our two start LB Ryan Bertrand and Patrick Van Aanholt. And is it too early to say Lukaku I like Piazon aswell, not your typical brasilian striker, but is really talented. Though we only got him on a pre-contract.

Wbu guys?
TheChelseaFan (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Sturridge will break into the first team in the upcoming season. McEachran is immensely talented and will get his chances, but I'd like to see him go out on loan for a season
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
We have like 3 similar topics from a few years back but another one never hurts.

I have to go with tom cleverley, ravel morrison, william keane, jack barmby, paul pogba, mats moller deahli and ryan tunnicliffe. I am also looking forward to see Ezekiel fryers. Rio Ferdinand said he is going to be the best defender in england. I have seen a few of his games and he look pretty fast and very strong but I think I would like to see more of him to see why ferdinand has so much confident in him to be making statements such as those
Cloudst 3 years ago
For arsenal we got Ryo Miyachi, jay Emmanuel Thomas, Emmanuel Frimpong, Kyle Bartley, Kyle ebecilio, Damian Martinez (already called up to the argentina senior team once) Henri lansbury, Francis coquelin, pedro bothelo, Luke Freeman, chuks aneke, Jon Toral Harper and Hector bellerin.

The last two recently signed but look impressive none the less, the one's that might breakthrough next season are Bartley, Lansbury, Frimpong, Miyachi, and jay Emmanuel Thomas
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Merkel - Labelled the "next Marek Hamsik", has all the skill set to grow up into a neat box-to-box mid.

Paloschi - Touted as his heir by the Super Pippo himself. Doing great for Italia u20's and has good experience in the league.

Beretta - My personal favo, has a Bobo Vieri-esque playing style--solid build, wonderful instincts and good finishing. One to watch out
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
I saw merkel when he made his debut and when he scored his first goal in the cup. I told a few people in the united forum about this exciting young talent ac milan had. They just laughed when I said he should be starting more games. They claim I get over excited by young talent. I know when a footballer is ready to step up and from the first time I saw him play I knew he was ready. I should be a f@cking scout
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Well, that's definitely pleasing to hear.... But he certainly would need a lot of time to adapt, he looked clueless in some matches and his passes were atrocious. Has moments of brilliance at times and his work rate certainly is his asset.... Give him some time and he's good to go me thinks
Somere, you actually now your youth stuff, so I totally expected you to answer first bro, you should be a scout!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Mamadou Sakho's rapid ascension over the past 3 years at the heart of PSG's defence has been remarkable. Earning a spot in France's starting IX at 21 recently and proving on the pitch that he's got all the qualities to evolve at Top level is lovely to watch. Sakho is a leader who's hard on the man and at the same time calm and composed. He doesn't commit too many silly fouls, wins his challenges and keeps working hard in order to improve. Sakho is down to earth and can play left-back as well.
Vice-captain this season, he was awarded France's best prospect.

His stats:

- 47 games
- 4 goals, 1 assist
- 6 yellow cards, 1 red
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Raheem Sterling, this kid could be the future of Liverpool, what a talent, and we all know about our glaring problems out wide on the wings. Kenny has said he doesn't want to rush him into the squad, I would give him two years before he is scoring goals in the prem de la prem. He reminds me of a young, English, more direct Ronaldinho or something.

Kelly, Flanagan, Wilson, Robinson, Jonjo, and Spearing all got first team action this year, Pacheco was on loan, Suso, Toni Silva, Conor Coady, Adorjan. The youth team is very bright and is only getting better under the King
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Kelly Flanagan and Robinson have really impressed me when they played for the first team. They hardly made any stupid mistakes. And they were all solid
I very excited for Raheem Sterling. He has been outstanding all season. I hope we can bring him up and make him a superstar
Jimmyjack (Schalke 04) 3 years ago
In all honesty some of the younger generation are a lot better than the older generation I mean daniel sturridge I think will turn out to be a great player in the near future
He could be a star. Last season he was amazing with Bolton. But with the U21 he was played out of position
I actually liked him as a RW, cutting in and getting in some good service, he deserves a start next season, over Florent and Anelka, done and dusted
I liked him more as a central forward. The position he played for Bolton

Kick4Life - changing lives through football