Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Club Has The Deepest Squad Right Now?
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I'm saying if a star were injured or coming off the bench to replace a star my picks are

1 real mardid
2 inter
3 juventus
4 arsenal
5 chelsea

Real madrid have so much they're trying to get rid of them with the likes of robben van dert vaart huuntellar drenth sniejler raul wow

Inter have the likes of ballotelli and quaresma crespo cruz vieri at there disposal

Aresenal with edwardo rosicky denilson

And chelsea whith kalou alex deco disanto etc, what do you think? Who has the better squad discuss!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I have to say its Madrid and Arsenal. Like you can sup the whole team and it will still be good.    
Moocow111 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I say Arsenal. We have such great players that are on the bench that should be starting players every game. Carlos Vela should be playing every game. He's a great, young striker
Yea your right alotta talent on that bench!
Syraph (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I'd say Barcelona or Manchester United.
Barcelona have shown that they can do very well without a star player. Honestly though, every player in barca's line-up is a star.
Manchester United have always been praised for having great depth, which they do. The reserves of man utd can play an EPL match and still win. However, the striker position is getting kinda vacant...
Are you sure could they go and start for another team? The man utd bench I don't think so they fill gaps but not experienced enough to start for a couple matches
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Eh. If Man U's bench were their own EPL team, they would probably be mid table, but the point of the bench is to fill gaps, and Man U's does that brilliantly
On paper, Madrid, Man you, Arsenal, Barca. In that order. In actuality, Arsenal, Man UTD first and second.
Man utd with who? I would like to see that list please I'm dying to see it!
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
We lose two players now all of a sudden are entire squad is useless?
TheRonaldo7 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I think currentky Real madrid, have the best squad, with all the big players they haver bought.
Then I would say it is most likely to be Barcelona, and then United.

ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Our club is failing! Lol, But I agree if they can all work together then we are toast
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Real Madrid first.... They have too many good players sitting around now
Man United - lost Ronnie and Tevez.... So what, same squad that had enough depth to win a few bits of silverware.
Barca
Man uk I mean not like simple replacements on the bench world class like real madrid chelsea arsenal barca inter juentus
Man United, are still there. Just because they lost Ronaldo and Tevez doesn't mean all is lost. They have more than adequate replacements for the two, and maybe they'll play better?

Real Madrid's bench is a starting lineup
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Definitely Real Madrid, they have so many players to pick for strikeforce and maybe even some of the best would be sitting on the bench sometimes. Follow-up would be Barca, they have good young players such as Bojan, and useful players like Gudjohnson and Hleb
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Juve are not deep. Inter and ACM have some huge stars one the rise, and, fact is, Real's depth won't be there after a while. Note: the answer is always Boca Juniors, because their youth system is like a factory, producing the best players in the world, then shipping them off to Europe
Really? Amari del piero tiago see zannitti not good really? You sure? I think the would start at many teams and your team easily
Boca is a great answer. They have so many players playing around the world at a top level
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yep but not on the bench
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Arsenal, Barca have no replacements for Xavi or Iniesta (real replacements they have players but there not any good) The only place they have depth in is the defence (and they don't have much there either). Real Madrid are surely selling Arjen Robben (they didn't even give him a number), Snjieder (to somewhere) and Huntelaar has gotten an offer from stuggart (and he wants t0 go)
Arsenal has a deep squad but the quality is not as good as Madrids. Look at Madrid Casillas/Dudek Ramos/Torres Abiol Pepe/ Heinze Torres Marcelo/Heinze Robben Kaka Diara Ronnie/ Guti Gago Snieder Van der Vaart Raul Benzema Ruud Heguian. And arsenal is not as good as that
Wannabgunner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Totally agree with that....
I also think that Liverpool and Man UTD have deep squads
Or at least have very good bench players....
Arsenal have a lot of good players as back-ups but not as much quality
As Real Madrid.... Just like you said
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
However, 8 of Real's players won't be there by the beginning of the season
Giorgakis (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
It seems now it may have to be real madrid seeing as how they just but a bunch of players in which they already have decent players for. The midfielders and forwards are all talented and all substitutions would be good
Manchester have alot of quality in the midflied
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
1. Real Madrid - too many stars
2. Arsenal - too many strikers and midfielders
3. Chelsea - too many stars
4. Barca - too many stars
5. Man City - too many stikers and midfielders
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
1. Real Madrid-too many dutch stars
2. Inter-coach buys players and then sends them on loan
3. Chelsea-too many old stars