Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Where Will Neymar Go?
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
There has been a lot of talk about this great young talent, linking him to numerous teams.... But where do you think he is going to be playing next season?
He has been link to major clubs around the world from chelsea to real madrid
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Madrid, they seem to want to pay 41m
Pragathish (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Probably Chelsea, they are the only real team interested in him, other teams are clever enough to avoid that over-rated lad.
40m? I rate him at 15-20 at the max
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Over rated or over-priced? If you watch this lad there is something about him, Its what happen when the best of the best get the ball. I can see Madrid paying it aswell, seeing as his agent is a Madrid agent
Over-rated AND over-priced. I could name ten more blistering names from Brasil, the league's full of excitement and like I said, not everyone turn into superstars, although at first sight, they look to be.
I don't think it is rational to give 30+ million just because he hails from Brazil and is exciting to watch.... The kid hasn't proved on big stages and I honestly doubt he can, in the prem...
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Neymar is a major talent and highly likely the game's next really big star. 41m sound stiff at this stage but there are other players bought who have been overpaid much more. How can he possibly be rated any lower than Torres, Carroll etc....

I think Real Madrid/Mourinho/battling for top of Europe must sound better to him at this stage than Chelsea/no manager/battling for 4th in EPL...
How can he be possibly rated lower than Torres? C'mon man, Torres is a proven goal scorer in the prem. Forget this season.
But Neymar.... The Brasilian league has WAY too many exciting talents, but no, not everyone turn into Ronaldo. Robinho was once dubbed the new Pele, remember?
And in my personal opinion, Neymar considering his physique and style, would never ever fit in the PL. Italy or Spain is where he can shine
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Neymar is a talented young player, no doubt about it. However, moving to a top European club and shining/performing well right away is another story. It all depends on the player`s ability to adapt and other factors. Chicharito`s transition move to Europe has been remarkable.

According to skysports italia, Real Madrid found an agreement with Neymar who denies it. I believe he will end up in Madrid anyway
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Agree with Prag. Considering Pato cost 24mil Euros when he arrived in Europe, I don't see how this lad should top that.... Even Kaka cost just 8. 5 mil when moving across the continent. Asking for anything above 20 mil is just crazy money spend on an unknown and untested factor
I believe Neymar will be considerably bigger than Pato and Kaka put together...
Kidding me right? Too early to compare some random Brasilian lad with two proven entities in Europe, one who has already scored 50 league goals and the other one being a ballon d'or winner...
Not at all.... Random? Do you think Chelsea and Real Madrid are fighting over a random youngster? He is man of the moment in Brazil and in the Brazilian squad, still young, still unpolished yes, but he's a boy with a future!

So yeah.... I believe he'll grow into something, wherever he plays. You're welcome to believe something else and then we can compare notes down the track...
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
He'll probably rival Robinho for his attitude and achievement, not Kaka and Pato. Robinho was once the man of the moment in Brazil too...
@Northstream: Course we can bro, I'll take your replay that time as an apology
Kidding, not taking away anything from him, but I do think anything over 20M is too much for him.
Check out this Neymar goal last week, just simply class! The boy has some amazing skills!

Tomthedon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Real Madrid for sure. Isn't it pretty much a done-deal?
Jimmyjack (Schalke 04) 2 years ago
He'll probably go to chelsea they seem pretty keen to grab him
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I think if RM gets sergio in their team then I think Neymer will not go RM because they already have so many options in attack so it would be useless to get neymer along sergio
Peteko 2 years ago
If you ask Pele, Neymar should stay in Brazil.

What do you think of this? Pele played all his pro-life in Brazil, but those were other times. I doubt Neymar will truly grow as a player unless he moves to Europe

Kick4Life - changing lives through football