Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What's Your Jersey About?
Lifeguard 1 year ago
I read somewhere that the Juventus colors of now were originally a mistake, when instead of the requested pink, the manufacturer gave them the classic black and white vertical stripes they still wear. What interesting, or not so interesting, facts and tidbits do you have about your team's jersey and it's history?

Also, feel free to add pictures, commentary, flops, etc
Juventusfc (Juventus) 5 months ago
No. We started out wearing the pink jerseys but when we used to wash them they would fade out. So we asked one of our english players to go back to England and find us replacements and so Notts County gave us black and white jerseys hence we wear the black and white
Renberg (Arsenal) 6 months ago
I like football, like to collect some striped shirt. Juventus shirt:Link: www.wysjg.com/juventus-c-1_9/ , is one of them
Hechex (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 6 months ago
This was copied from Wikipedia, for what its worth. I like the topic though!

The team was founded by Edgar Everaert, who arrived in Mexico in 1904. Their kit was modeled on that of the founder's favourite team, the Belgian Club Brugge K. V. borrowing the vertical stripes and colour scheme of the Brugge strip in that era (Brugge has since changed their team colours). Some historians assert that the colours came from the French Tricolour because some of the club's first players were French. The first team comprised Mexican, Belgian and French players, named "Union" because of the camaraderie between the players of different nationalities, most of whom were employees of the Fábricas de Francia store, with founder Everaert as coach

Kick4Life - changing lives through football