Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Was The First Football Match You Went To?
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
What Was the First Football Match You Went To?
Just say where, When and Who. Mine was the same as AyyamS5, when I was 3 years old or 4, all my family friends came (including AyyamS5), it was sydney olympics 2000, I Couldn't see properly.... And I think it was like brazil vs someone. But I remember me getting angry at AyyamS5 because he got the better flavoured Ice-cream I don't exactly remember it I think my mum told me or I saw a picture
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Wbu soccergal?  
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
My first football match I went to was for Hertha BSC Berlin (in Berlin - Germany) and it's maybe 10 years ago.... Hertha BSC Berlin against Bayern München
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Actually, my first football match was only last December the 5th (2009). Derby vs West Brom and it was a thriller. Derby took the lead through Dickov and then lost it through a hand of god goal. Then they went behind after 88 minutes and everyone started leaving! But in the last attack of the game we salvaged a goal back through debutant loan signing DJ Campbell and the rest of the crowd went wild!

It always seems like Derby do well against the good teams don't you think? They beat Newcastle 3-0 on Tuesday!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Mine was when I was 3 years old, all my family friends came (including soccergal293), it was sydney olympics 2000, I Couldn't see properly.  
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Myn was sydney olympics 2000 aswell. I don't remember exactly who I saw. I think it was Japan vs South Africa. I would have been 9
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Haha that's the one me and AyyamS5 went to too!
Its a small world
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
The Minnesota Thunder way way way WAY back when. They are the semi-pro team in the state I'm from. Not very good quality, but the games were fun.

First real pro game was MLS All-stars vs AC Milan. It was a fantastic drubbing I got to witness haha.

The best game I've been to was USA vs Brazil in Chicago. My seat was smack dab in the middle of the Brazilian fan section. It was absolutely amazing and sad all at the same time. I did get a nice peck on the cheek from a sympathetic Brazilian lady. Pretty much made my year. Haha
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
My first big match was manchester united v crystal palace I think it was 1970/71.
I was a 12yrs old and my uncle who lived in blackburn, not far from manchester took me, he still goes to this day, although he lives in accrington now, but has his season ticket.
Man utd won 4-1 that day, and to my dismay, george best was crap that day.... Lol, and I think the goalscorers where brian kidd 2, bobby charlton and dennis law.
Its some difference today at old trafford, to what it was back then, but its a day I won't forget
Man your lucky.... I would give anything for that, and so much to go see a united match
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I got the ac milan game to go to in 3 weeks.... 39 years on, long may it continue.... Lol
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
The New England Revolution vs. The Columbus Crew back in 2002. It was the first leg of the eastern conference semifinal at home at Gillette Stadium. The Revs drew 0-0, I really wanted to see Twellman score a goal that day. The next game I went to was the 2002 MLS Final at Gillette Stadium again vs. The L. A. Galaxy, mind you they were pretty good before the first year of Becks. It was 0-0 after normal time and in extra time, golden goal, I think it was still back then, Carlos Ruiz scores the winner. Disappointing and I haven't been back to a Revs game since. Waiting for them to move to Boston . But last summer I did see Chelsea play Hull City in the opening game of the season at Stamford Bridge when I was in England visiting my relatives. Saw a fantastic free-kick by Drogba and took in the wonderful atmosphere of English Football . Though, if Raul or Henry do sign for the and. Why. Red Bulls after the World Cup, I'm definitely going to see them play against the Revs
YDDUB (Manchester United) 4 years ago
My team were the ballboys for the Atlanta Silverbacks of the USL when I was.... 10 or 11. They lost 1-0
Liverpoolsam7 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Derby vs Doncaster was my first match I went to. I loved it so much, and the end score was Derby 1-0 Doncaster. Derby scored in the 88th minute of the match, just a minute before I thought it was all over
Vika09 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Manchester United v Arsenal (FA Cup Semi) 1999. First and best match I have even been to

Kick4Life - changing lives through football