Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Is The Most Extreme Thing You Have Done, For The Love Of Your Club?
3 years ago
Got a tattoo on your forehead?

Travelled 5, 000 miles to watch them play?

Bunked off school to catch the game on tv?

Cancelled a date cos the match was on tv?

Spent a months pocket money on buying a replica shirt?

Fallen out with your best friend over a rivalry argument?

I'm sure there will be plenty of extremes, big and small, but....

What is the most extreme thing you have done for the love of your club?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Well I did bunk off school to see george best open a hotel in belfast, I wasnt proud of it, as I had never done it before, and never did it again since, but it was something I couldn't miss up the chance.
I suppose the travelling and cost can come into the eqausion, its a joke when you have to spend 2 hrs in the airport before your flight, yet of all you are only in the air for about 50 minutes.... Lol, so that's a bummer, but they have their security measures to uphold.
I think I have touched on most of the above, apart from the 5, 000 miles, , and the tattoo on the forehead.... Lol, my son has a devil on his leg, that's as close as I got to that
Lalalalynds (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Not a lot but I've just scheduled classes for next quarter and I've made sure Monday - Thursday I have gaps in the afternoons so I won't have to miss any midweek games....
Also called off sick a few times this winter so as to not miss a Wolfsburg match.... I'm still young, plenty of time to do "crazy" stuff for my clubs.
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I often stay up til 5am to watch English Premiership games here in NZ, especially if my beloved Liverpool are playing
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Staying up late to watch games, although I have school the next morning (will get my required sleep time at school lol). Leaving school early to catch Champions League games, Saving up my lunch money to get a replica Jersey. That is all I have for now
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah basically the same with me.  Getting up at the crack of dawn though instead of staying up late.
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
For me it's the traveling. I travelled about 6000 miles last year to get to the bridge and watch Chelsea play
Raj (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Once skipped the chance to get high and wasted on a private beach to get inland and travel 2 hours one way to find a TV for the Brazil v France game in 06'. Not my proudest moment.

I also only date Russian girls
"I also only date Russian girls"  Honestly can't control my laughter at this...
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Smashed a TV after Italy lost to France in Euro. Though its not for the love of my club. Its still the most extreme thing done after watching a football match. If its gaming, I've smashed countless controllers after I lost
Must ask matt about an anger management course for you juno.... Lmao  Who's tv was it? .... Lol
With our healthcare package, he's better off seeking therapy closer to home. Agony Ant - resident Yoda and therapist.

On the same note you're my hero Juno, always wanted to drop-kick a TV
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
@Tony, Mine. And I got an excuse to change TV that month. LOL.

@Raj, Try it. Its a good excuse to change TV if you succeed. If not, you'll get whack by your nearest kin.
Agony Ant has been away.... I've seek help for some other matters and no reply yet.... Hmmm...
Eeek I didn't even notice there were new questions in Agony Ant. Answering now
Any advice you can give juno on tv abuse would be most appreciated ant.  
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Um, sneaked into the locker room and spat on the inter short in my friends bag, I was found out, not that extreme (he spat in my chelsea socks)
Wasn't spit, bro
PG -13 © approved !
Was your friend "el hadj diouf" by any chance?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Lol at all 3 above comments
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I doubt that those who do the craziest of things exchange their experiences online. They leave it for the local pub. Bummer.

I have been fired from a job (not that I liked it that much anyway) for sneaking out of the office to watch the games. It was a repeated offense
Whmermaid (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Not too crazy, but I switch days of my classes so that I can watch games, am getting a tattoo, schedule dates around playing schedules, and uh.... Well the last one in are rated, so just make up something scandalous in your mind.

Oh, and I put in for graveyard shift so that I can watch games and not worry about work
Unforgiveable.... Lol
That's supposed to read 'the last one is are rated'.... I think I need a nap so I can correctly type...
Ooooooooooooh I want to hear about this so-called "R" rated thing that you did....
Details with time-lines in bullet points, please
.... It might have involved dancing the horizontal tango.... With someone wearing a certain player's jersey.... Make up the rest in your own minds ^_~
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Was it on the beach mermaid, would make it even better. And were you wearing the jersey or was he, and was this man named Lionel is that why you tangoed him? Final question, and I am reaching here, but I heard in Barcelona it actually takes three to tango maybe I am totally off the mark and it wasn't a man at all?
The horizontal tango?    For me, its more like the horizontal Riverdance
Ant flattley
"horizontal tango" hahahahaaha hilarious Whmermaid. I had not heard this expression in years. Hahahaha
@Donnchadv- lol, not on the beach, he was wearing the jersey, his name was not Lionel (it was Villa's jersey though), and it might take 3 to tango in Barcelona but I've yet to experience that ^_~

@Ant- Riverdance eh? That sounds choppy, quick, with too much hair
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Well that's Ant for ya. Don't let his name here fool you, this is the last known photo taken from him, somewhere deep into the forests of New Zeeland.

I also refuse to accept dancing the horizontal tango with someone dressed up as a Barça player is extreme. In fact, any good Barça fan should do it, as undeniable proof no one is bigger than the team. Not even our bed partners
Well, you know what they say: New Zealand is a land where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Glad to know that wearing a Barça kit while dancing the horizontal tango isn't extreme. I agree, every true Barça fan should do it to show complete devotion to the Blaugrana
Ants gone a bit sheepish at this point.... Baaaaa, baaaaa
Hhahahaha Tony. That's bad. Or should I say baaaaaad.    But, nah, he just wondering how the hell did Jeroen got that photo.
Some of the women in New Zealand are like rugby players in dresses

Its the horizontal Riverdance: Arms pinned by my sides, fake smile on my face and lots of kicking
Sounds like rugby league
Affectionately known by rugby union fans as "grass-shaggers, due to their movements on the gound when tackled.... Lol
Grass-shaggers? Hahahahaha never heard of it. Lol. (I also never seen a rugby game from the beginning to the end.)
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
My mate quit his job because they wouldn't give him the day off when Scotland played Brazil in the opening game of the world cup!
I nearly walked out the same day but then my boss decided to send me home early!
Have dodged work a few times to watch Rangers play, used to spend all my wages going to Ibrox and getting drunk!
Now you just get drunk john
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Pretty much aye! Lol
I sold my ticket to Rock Werchter (a 300, 000 ppl festival here in Belgium) because of the WC last year, even though I'm a huge music fan as well. Know thy priorities.

I have had numerous fights (heated discussions would be a better description) with friends over the quality of Messi over the years. I've been claiming he can outshine any other player there has ever been since he was 19 and only now most of my friends agree. Or they stopped caring, haha. It came to a point where I secretly upped Messi's skills in their playstation football games and pretended to know nothing about it.

I flew to Barcelona on a weekend city-trip in the 2006-2007 season to meet my girlfriend at the time who was studying there, and could only think of the Barça-Valencia game that weekend. I remember thinking Villa would make a fine addition to FCB, haha.

Not that extreme, but I have a Barça scarf draped around my desk chair and a flag of FCB signed by Iniesta, Puyol, Xavi, Alves, Messi and Valdes.

I consistently prefer watching Barça games to going out, which none of my friends get; even the one who is a professional footballer, and the one who works for the Belgian football committee.

I stay up 'til the early hours several times a week to discuss footy and read up about EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga news and my homepage is igoogle filled with links to football sites.

Like every proper fan, I genuinely feel exalted when Barça does well, and after the game against Arsenal this week, I slept for 12 hours and became feverish even though I rarely ever get sick.

That pretty much sums it up for me.
Edit: I just realized that half of those things aren't extreme at all, but I figured they're worth mentioning
"It came to a point where I secretly upped Messi's skills in their playstation football games and pretended to know nothing about it. "
This is some pretty sick s**t. I love this thread. Hahahahaha
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 3 years ago
That was my brother wedding. Liverpool was playing against A. [C.] Milan. I dissappeared for 3 hours. I watched the game. I said I m going to airport to bring my aunt. She had to wait a little. (for 2 hours) guys I am not a bad guy but I just don't want to miss this chance
Let's be honest: Your brother should have picked a better day for his wedding
Awful day for your brother to get married. Shame on him.    Edit: holy crap, did you read my mind Wh?
Yes, I read your mind. Or else great minds just think alike ^_~
Guess being blaugrana is more than just having the best taste in football, it comes with a package of funny too
Yeah bad timing. Shame on you bro.  He still don't know this. So be quiet. Shshshhshs
3 years ago
Definitely the best one so far, Emre I salute you
I'm in agreement. If you wrote this up on a letter and sent it to LFC I bet you'd get a response
3 years ago

Thank you Netnerd thank you Ant, yes I ve better write a letter to LFC
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Last season I had real fight with my mom cos she wanted to watch "film fare award" but on the same day it was manchester vs liverpool at anfield....

And I was not going to miss that at any cost.... So we had real fight on who is goin to watch the t. V
But we had a pact.... We'll watch ten minutes each.... Although I didn't missed the winning moment when n'gog scored the winning goal last season....

And that was the first time I fought with my mom....
Ltm017 3 years ago
10 minutes each? Wow I couldn't do that but that is funny. LOL You have to learn how to manipulate them...
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I once rode a cannonball all the way from Japan to the Emirates....It was exhilarating......

Seriously though, I once pretended my older sister was getting married to take a few days off and then ran away to England to see Arsenal play West Ham and left England a day after. Don't know the distance but that's a little extreme right?
Whoa, you travel halfway across the world for a day to see a west-ham game? All right, it's a nice derby, but damn Jet, that's some expensive (and time-consuming) trip you made. Unless it was by cannonball, because then the pure awesomeness of it exceeds any possible drawbacks. The ultimate Gunner always arrives on a cannonball
Lol. A true fan shows his colors in a regular unimportant game. Everybody goes to an Arsenal-United or Arsenal-Spurs game
I for one appreciated the Baron Münchhausen reference
Baron VON Münchhausen, Herr Scally. If you insist on shöwing your knowledge, show zome rrrespect foh' ze Germans, jah?
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Yeah, it was my first match at the Emirates, and a derby that wasn't sold out so I figured why not. It was awesome! The Emirates is incredibly designed.... Riding a cannonball is not as easy as it sounds though.... If you want to see a video of my trip, just let me know
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Keep your "von", I don't want it!
Aber check die cast dann, jah? John (of) Neville portrays Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Münchausen. I just noticed the baron shares his first name with me. Hieronymus = Jeroen.

But you're right; apparently the English left out the 'Von'. Drat, drat, and double drat!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football