Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Is The Best Goal Of The Season So Far
Nkrumah (Arsenal) 3 years ago
The best goal of the season I think has to be Jimmy Briand Bicycle Kick Lyon 4 - 0 Nancy

What do you think please post back
RyanBB (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Pretty sweet
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
It has to be this goal from wayne rooney, and I was lucky enough to be at that match, and at the end where he scored, tremendous goal, but the rest of the game he was s**t....Lol.

I should of made a forum about Wayne Rooney and Jimmy Briand Bicycle Kick lol
Rogue4341 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I didn't see the Jimmy Briand Kick but if it was like the Rooney one it would have to be amazing
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
This goal for me just now from Nikica Jelavic, just for what it meant for Walter Smith and the Rangers supporters, Plus the spin on the ball was unreal!

Goal of the season without a doubt.... When the bluebells are blue
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Wow, the backspin on that ball is something too - as well as the time at which it was scored
That was only the third minute of extra time paul, not injury time, rangers still had to play a further 27 minutes after that goal, and both sides were out on their feet, the pitch was very bobbly and I think it took its toll on all the players
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Yeah I saw the time, but still, pretty good timing
This overhead kick from David Goodwillie from Dundee Utd v Motherwell was pretty good, not quite as spectacular as Rooneys or Briands, but still good!

What a goal David Goodwillie and what a surname Goodwillie lol
He's a good young player goodwillie, and the skysports pundit team on soccer saturday always have a chuckle when his name comes on the screen after scoring a goal.
Schoolboy humour.... I'd smash it?
Jamesutd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I know many united fans are saying that the rooney over head kick but for me berbas one has been the goal of the season so far. I like goals that hit the bar or the post before going in.

Yep, another belter james
Not the difficulty of rooneys goal james, rooneys was so athletic, berba had time to set his up for himself, waynes was instinctive and brilliant
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yeah, rooney's one involved much more timing, where as berba's one he had plenty of time, and Rooney scored his in an intense derby game
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Well to be fair. Man United v Liverpool is a bigger derby than the Manchester one.

Rooney's is better though because of the timing involved as everyone else has stated but also the situation, a late game winner
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Everyone is saying here that Rooney's was more difficult, but what about the first touch from Berbatov?! That ain't easy, both great goals and hard to compare. I will just say this was against Liverpool and I still thought it was a fantastic goal. Hated it, but thought it was fantastic
I reckon had there been a panel of judges duncan, rooney would have been all 9. 9's and tens for the degree of difficulty, and the power he generated into the shot aswell was impressive.
Dimi's goal is class, but rooneys just that wee but better methinks, its all about opinions, and they are all good goals anyway
Ok, then, the, Manchester derby was a more cosley contested. They're both amazing contenders but I am with tony. Its opinion
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I don't even need to say why this is the best or not lol.... It just is!

[account-removed] 3 years ago
Haha, awesome goal. Nice to see something that isn't a bicycle kick
Shataranga (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It reminded me Batistuta`s goal against man utd
You can't catch them much better than that, the keeper was flapping at fresh air, there must have been a hell of a lot of movement in the air with that shot, as it seemed to go right through the keeper
Meireles against Wolves, for me is one of the goal's of the season. I love bicycle kicks, and Rooney's, Berbatov's and Jimmy Briand's were all spectacular Ahh bicletas the best. But I have to give a shout out to Rual and represent Liverpool. You could just see when the ball came off the defenders head and was falling out of the air, alright, he can hit it. But it is usually one that someone would blast into the nosebleeders, or dribble 20 feet wide, Meireles hit it on the absolute sweet spot, timing was unbelievable and it was amazing to watch the ball come off his foot and ripple the back of the net like that. I just half-yelled half jumped half danced and just wondered at it, Kenny's expression is the best. Physics lesson the way the ball moves up and down in the air

He almost caresses it into the upper 90, doesn't really swing his foot at it, muy bueno
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Me gusta
Good player, I like merielles, he has come on bundles since joining liverpool, he had a quiet start, but he seems to be appreciating the pace of the epl more, and its worked wonders for him
Instead of bien a biased chelsea fan and say the real best goal (Drogba vs Bolton), I'm going to go with this

Ltm017 3 years ago
Hahahaha I love it. Bias without being bias I guess? I did love that goal though! The real Torres
Don't fret ayyam, he'll score for your lot one day.... Lol, sweet dreams? , or sweet FA?
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
What about Elmander goal against Wolverhampton since everyone keep talking about Rooney or Berba goal.

I absolutely just love this goal its just so smooth and slick. You can just watch it over and over again and just be mesmerized by the footwork
Good goal, good player, I can't see him staying at bolton very long, he's the kind of big striker that everyones on the look out for these days
Oh my god, what skill that is Don't know if I saw that goal until now, incredible footy work from a pretty big guy. Classy, thanks for posting
3 defenders on one. And he won, amazing!
Have to rep Barcelona and add this piece of magic:    
Ay I went crazy for the Messiah goal there. We were watching it at a local pizza joint and I saw the through ball from Iniesta didn't know what he was going to do, suddenly he was past Almunia the ball just magically popped over his head, empty net for him to volley it home. Everyone was screaming, myself one of the loudest, than I asked my buddy did he mean to do that, pop it over the goal keeper or did it deflect? He said I don't know, saw the replay and just laughed, ha he did mean to do it, son of a bitch I would love to hear Ray Hudson's take on the goal.

This has been my favorite piece of Messiah magic though, looks like a boomerang swung into the net

Ltm017 3 years ago
Oh yeah! I remember that one
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Funny how 90% of the choices come from the EPL. I've seen some incredible goals scored in other leagues, but no one seems to be talking about those
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Because we don't give a s**t about any other league? Lol. Seriously though, I agree but this is by personal preference, so people will obviously choose goals that are somehow related to their team (and most people posting here are EPL fans, which means more EPL goals)
I'm also an EPL fan. And obviously, I get your point but it sucks to see one league being so overrepresented. It makes it seem that all the best things come out of EPL, which isn't true and it's not in the footie spirit.
Anyways, since there is no point in bitchin', let me give you my choice:

Ekrem Dag (Besiktas) vs. Fenerbahce - love the whole action and the shot is incredibly accuratte and simply unstoppable

Certainly theres loads of other great goals mate, but I witnessed the rooney goal with my own eyes, so it had to be my choice, and it is a hell of a goal.
Messi alone has scored a bucketload of notable goals, we could argue all day, but that's half the fun of it all.... Opinions
Rooney's goal certainly was one of the best this season, so no complaints there!
Ay that was a fantastic strike, what a hit and the turn before hand is class, trademark Johan Cruijff haha, just kidding. Good to see a goal from another league, and I see what you are saying about the premiere league biased, though there have been some great goals in the prem de la prem this season. What Tone is saying is righteous, if you are at the game, makes it that much better, and the Meireles goal I posted I was watching on tv, so I felt the goal somewhat. Given that I mainly only watch Premiere League, champions league and La Liga I will post those goals having seen them somewhat first hand, so I will leave that up to other people I guess.

Fantastic goal though, and I am sure there are many other crackers from different leagues, some of the best come from smaller leagues. I just rarely watch the Mexican League, or the Eredivisie and I think this is why there are a lot more premiere league goals. It's what most people, or users who are active in the forums watch so I think that's the reason. People won't want to go roaming around the internet to post a video they just saw for the first time.

Cheers on the goal though, and thanks for voicing your opinions, if I see a goal somewhere that is just brilliant from MLS or the J-League I will post it
I hear you mate, I myself mostly watch the EPL and Bundesliga along with Champions League. But one great thing about footytube is that you can check out goals from all over the world. I often go through highlights from the MLS, Russian League, Turkish, etc. and that's how I stumble upon some great goals, so it's kinda sad that not many people get to see them. Well, I guess there is the ''unheard goal of the week'' thread, so that's not too bad
Amazing, how do you get it in that corner with that power. Dayum!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Pirlo vs Parma  
   Mamma Mia!
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Flawless. Top corner, beautiful dip. If you give a player of Pirlo's quality no pressure, loads of time and room he can do that. Loved seeing the keeper stretching, and still not reaching it
Yeah I remember that one was a beauty!
Amazing
What a goal Pirlo
When I seen this free kick by Danny Higginbotham from Stoke I just thought WOW!

Excellent free kick
Ltm017 3 years ago
I will not be bias so I really like these two

James Morrison

Royston Drenthe

Beautiful goal James Morrison and what a free kick by Royston Drenthe  
Ltm017 3 years ago
And this goal by Nene    
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Ah Ah Nene's trademark shot. Nice!

Check out Zahavi's overhead kick against Lyon. Beautiful!

This is from last year, no?
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
That was during the group stages in the champions league this season on december
My bad then
What a player Nene

Kick4Life - changing lives through football