Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Formation You Hate The Most?
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Hi friends....
We have seen many formations used in matches according to the teams out of those which formation you hate the most and why....
BagiK (FC Seoul) 2 years ago
Any formation with 3 back, because the players get confused as hell and it turns into 10 back most of the time. Never really seen a good 3 back team in recent years
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Why would you hate a formation? All formations have some kind of logical foundations and practical uses. It is true that some formations have become extinct, like the 3-5-2 with a libero, but I don't really get why you would hate a formation?! I think every formation can have its benefits, depending on the team, I. E. The available players. I'm currently very annoyed by the Croatia manager using a 4-2-3-1 with the Croatian team, using two forwards as wingers.... But that's another story
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 2 years ago
I meant the formation which annoyed you or make you think what is going on out there with the player available.... Like you mentioned croatian 4-2-3-1
I remember Roma's 4-6-0 from back in the day, that was crazy. Totti was playing a trequarista, so no real strikers, and they still kicked ass. So I guess any formation can work given the right circumstances
Peteko 2 years ago
I am with Markodon on this. It's not the formation that matters but how does a team apply it
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It Looks like this

---------------gk---------------
-df--df--df--df--df--df--df--df--df
-------------------------------
--------------st----------------

9-0-1.... I heard it's pretty popular in some parts of Greece
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Simple one for me, anything defensive, and without wingers
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Like Marko said, I don't hate formations, I just hate how some are applied