Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Football Player Have You Met?
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 1 year ago
-PSG players including Ronaldinho at the training ground.
-Elia and the Dutch team at the Hilton front desk in Glasgow in 2009, after the friendly vs Scotland.
-Coupet and Sonny Anderson back in 2000. My team had a tourney in Lyon at that time.
-Ferdinand Coly shopping in Paris.
-Kamel Ghilas in Braga. Very nice bloke! Wish him all the best in his career.
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Francesco Totti and his supermodel missus(Ilray Blasi) ate at the restaurant I worked at, also Thomas Buffel ate there years ago too.

For the Rangers fans, met Ally McCoist, Ian Durrant, Derek McInnes and big Jorg Albertz.

Oh saw Stephan Klos at a petrol station once too.
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
To many to mention, most are older united players i've met down the years.
Best, whiteside, mcilroy to name a few, and I have a pic of me and gabby heinze in my photo album.
More recent players I have met jonny evans around 4 times
HaRdCoReMaN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Rafael? Anderson? Haha
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
If I met anderson the first thing i'd do is get him on the bacon slicer, then learn him how to play the game.... Lol
HaRdCoReMaN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Met the legendary Drogba(AVB as well) in malaysia when they played against my country. Once in a lifetime babeh!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I've been a couple feet away from Del Piero himself. Hope to see Heskey soon. Also saw Bret Emerton at Sydney Airport
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Milan legend Franco Baresi, but I can't remember much
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 5 years ago
None  
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
My Friend almost beat gilberto in a race
Theshid (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I met Gourcuff at Montréal this summer at his hotel he was with the Bordeaux team. Great guy very humble. Football is not too popular here so it was easy to approach him
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Nice !
Salt (Aston Villa) 5 years ago
A few that most of the whipper-snappers on here probably won't know/care about:

Gary Shaw and my Dad played together all the way through to the point that Gary signed for the Villa. They have remained good friends since and we frequently used his executive box at Villa Park that he was given as a perk of his job as a local radio station football pundit. Lovely bloke that is doing well to overcome some very serious problems in his personal life.

On a flight back from a family holiday in Majorca in 1989 we were "lucky" enough to be travelling back with the Coventry City squad. Cyrille Regis was a wonderful bloke to meet and even though he was being pestered by me and my brother (aged 10 and 6 at the time) to sign an autograph on every scrap of paper we could find he was very patient and still managed to look after a very "tired" David Speedie until the flight boarded. My Dad took great delight that David Speedie wasn't actually tired. He was absolutely bladdered.

I also met Fabrizio Ravanelli in a clothes shop in Derby in 2001. Another true gent that was signing any autographs that he was asked for. I'm sure the piles of free designer clothing that he was given by the shop in question didn't hurt, though!
Haha " The Ronaldo 7 " on Ftube met the Da Silva Twins at my local shopping centre
Romains555 (Olympique Marseille) 5 years ago
I met Manchester city players after their game against barcelona this summer !
I talked with Tevez !
It was awsome a friend of mine talked with Shaun wright-phillips !
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Great man and how about Aderbayor and Ireland?
Blooob (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I met dirk kuyt from liverpool he was with his family
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
None.... I live in indai
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I had the opportunity to meet up with Robbie Fowler today for a quick chat and photo after an A-League game. I work as a stretcher bearer for the Wellington Phoenix, so got to see him play against us from close range

Oh Gawd
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
Share a line?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football