Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Football Player Have You Met?
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I saw Ian Wright shopping in Guildford in 2002 or 2003
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I havent met any football player and probably won't for the next 4 years but two of friend recently came from england. They the saw arsenal vs rangers game (pre-season) and they got see fabregas, he was driving by and they were like 5 feet away from him. I really wish one day I get to meet or atleast see gerrard in real life
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Nah I'm not so lucky. I only see them in pre-season games, saw the Liverpool squad this year playing to Singapore but never got a chance to see them closely
Aussie1991 (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I met David Beckham in Milan at the UK Consulate. He was being welcomed to the city by all of the senior diplomats. He's a nice guy but every time he spoke I had to try my best not to laugh because of his high pitched voice!
Chelsea2009 (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I met(saw) Peter Chec (Chesea GK)...
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Correction: Petr Cech
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
My cousin met david beckham at some schooll project thing about knifes. And also met glen jonson and james as he plays for portsmouth youth team
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
As you can see in my pic I met Theo Walcott
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Wow.... Cool, he looks weird in such large sunglases.... Lol  Congrats!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Thanks. He doesn't look that wierd in real life
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Lol man.... Congrats.... You look so small.
Smithybhoy83 (Celtic) 5 years ago
In my younger days I done a bit of autograph hunting mostly celtic players, di canio, jorge cadete and pierre van hooijdonk. You occasionally see the odd player out and about in glasgow, involved in football coaching and attend coaching courses in scotland where a few pro`s do there coaching qualifications
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
I met Gago in shop, Where I work on the champs-élysées (Paris). He was with a friend of him and maybe is brother !
Talk with him while I was looking for the tees he wanted. I talked in english but he did'nt get it ! Just: "you're a beast" !

I met Clichy on the champs élysées too !

When I was young I talked on the phone with Thierry Henry, when he played for Monaco one of my cousin known him, because he lived in the parisian suburbs. I talked with him but I couldn't belive, him saying yes it's me thierry henry and my cousin. Before thatmy cousin maked a lot of joke with me. Years later He says that it really was Henry on the phone and that he didn't get his numbers lol !
Yeap ! During the time he won the world cup, the euro lol !
Ah ma!Incredible.... You talked with henry.... You are soooo lucky...
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Yeah but I didn't knew it was him !  Next time I won't be so naïve, trust me !
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I had the opportunity to meet up with Robbie Fowler today for a quick chat and photo after an A-League game. I work as a stretcher bearer for the Wellington Phoenix, so got to see him play against us from close range

SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Oh Gawd
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
Share a line?
None.... I live in indai
Blooob (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I met dirk kuyt from liverpool he was with his family
Romains555 (Olympique Marseille) 5 years ago
I met Manchester city players after their game against barcelona this summer !
I talked with Tevez !
It was awsome a friend of mine talked with Shaun wright-phillips !
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Great man and how about Aderbayor and Ireland?
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Haha " The Ronaldo 7 " on Ftube met the Da Silva Twins at my local shopping centre
Salt (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
A few that most of the whipper-snappers on here probably won't know/care about:

Gary Shaw and my Dad played together all the way through to the point that Gary signed for the Villa. They have remained good friends since and we frequently used his executive box at Villa Park that he was given as a perk of his job as a local radio station football pundit. Lovely bloke that is doing well to overcome some very serious problems in his personal life.

On a flight back from a family holiday in Majorca in 1989 we were "lucky" enough to be travelling back with the Coventry City squad. Cyrille Regis was a wonderful bloke to meet and even though he was being pestered by me and my brother (aged 10 and 6 at the time) to sign an autograph on every scrap of paper we could find he was very patient and still managed to look after a very "tired" David Speedie until the flight boarded. My Dad took great delight that David Speedie wasn't actually tired. He was absolutely bladdered.

I also met Fabrizio Ravanelli in a clothes shop in Derby in 2001. Another true gent that was signing any autographs that he was asked for. I'm sure the piles of free designer clothing that he was given by the shop in question didn't hurt, though!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football