Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Football Player Have You Met?
Gooners (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I met Bacary Sagna at a shop
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Lol can he speak English!
Buddy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Thierry henry with his stunning ex wife in miami airport four years ago gave me his autograph and was very polite and friendly
Sinky31 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I have seen a great footballer from France. Zidaneeee
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Great idea for a topic

I've been about six feet away from most A-League players, either in the tunnels before matches or pitchside as a stretcher bearer for the Wellington Phoenix. Most famous of them would probably be Mark Bosnich. I've carried off some A-League players (as you'd expect from the role). I hope to meet Robbie Fowler (now at North Queensland Fury) whenever he plays in Wellington.

I bumped into Roy Evans (ex Liverpool manager) when I was wandering around Anfield before a match ages ago. I was so surprised that I barely even said hello.

A friend met Robbie Keane at a bus stop in Dublin, before he became a really big player but after everyone in Ireland knew him from his youth games.

First home game for the Phoenix this Sunday! Looking forward to the video on here :)

There must be more... can't think right now.
Me 2! I've been to wellington phoenix matches. Hull city came to wellington
Roy keane at wellington, david beckham in auckland
Buddy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Did bosnich try to sell you any coke
Salt (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
Or try to rope you into an impromptu orgy?!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Bosnich was so crazy for powder he snatched a sherbet dibdab from a child and sniffed it all away, dipper and everything
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I am not that lucky to meet football players most players are in Europe but I stay in Asia, but I happened to get a glimpse of our National Team Captain at a Mall
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
The players only come to Hong Kong for Pre-season.... And that's what Spurs did a few weeks ago....
I was at the match.... Around 5 meters away from the players.... Including Keane, Pavlyuchenko, Gomez, Rose, etc....
I also saw them on the bus, getting out of the stmadium....
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Huey Lewis in an airport, and the Portland Trail Blazers basketball team in an elevator.  So no football players really
I high-5 a couple of rugby players in the Hong Kong Rugby 7s...
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I didn't really met him but I saw in on my block Ricardo fuller he was smoking back in the day me and him liven in the same part of Jamaica portmore
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 5 years ago
I've met david beckham in my local tesco in prestwich in 2001, my mum has met el-hadj juf or however you spell his name in the underground car park of M&S in the center of manchester. And on the last game in eastlands of last season (against bolton) Vassel, Garrido and Mike Summerby walked right past my seat and I said hi to mike and he shook my hand!
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I love the really boring and normal way people meet footballers. Shopping for toilet rolls in Tesco, in a car park.... None of this exclusive nightclub or skydiving nonsense
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 5 years ago
Lol if I got into a exclusive bar with a prem team i'd be in heaven
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
With the skydiving I would need the toilet rolls, so don't be too harsh ant
Thomas1978 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Seen the Spurs team when they were in Singapore in 1996, they had Barmby, Walker, Sheringham, Anderton in the team then. Was a great experience.

===

Link: lets-talk-soccer.blogspot.com

Please do support and follow my blog. Thanks guys
Elucari (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I met the university of michigan footy team...
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I met Theo Wallcott. If you go to Facebook and type Mayoposi Daniel Taiwo you will see
Cool, was he shorter than you?
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
No. He's pretty tall
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
I've met Gilberto Silva (used to play for Arsenal) when he played for my team back in the day, he used to live like 5 minutes from my house in a building where my cousin lived as well
Gooner97 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
On my way to arsenal match saw fabregas in his jeep he waved at me
Wow.... That must've been cool!
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Closest i've got is a teacher I knew went to the same school as george best. I always ask what he remembers of him, its like an obsession , and he said in his final year of school it was george bests first year and he had made their first XI football team and was according to him the best player on the field even though he was like 5 years younger than everyone else
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
I live a couple of streets across from where George Best was born (Burren Way, East Belfast)
I can't wait to see Robbie Fowler when he comes to play against the phoenix!  I'm already excited
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago

Kick4Life - changing lives through football