Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Country Has The Best Youth System.
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
At the moment it has to be Germany Spain and Holland. They are producing amazing players recently
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Germany for the past few years have been doing very well with their youth system. Euro2000 must have shaken them so much now that the oldies can't get a game while the youngster can't get enough
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Brazil Handsdown! Holland & Spain seem to be the best at the moment but Brazil is just ridiculous. Players like Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart & etc are products of an amazing youth system. But when has Spain produced a player of the year? Holland gave us Cryuff & Van Basten while Spain has talent in abundance, they have never produced a player of the year. Brazil on the other hand has produced the greatest players of all time. It's no wonder why all the top clubs in europe are trying to sign Neymar & Ganso. I haven't seen or heard anyone offer BIG money to try to sign Pedro, Elia or Busquets. In the last 20 years the countries the have produced the best talent have been:

1. Brazil - Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Cafu, Romario & Lucio

2. Italy - Totti, Del Piero, Maldini, Cannavaro, Pirlo, Nesta & Buffon

3. France - Zidane, Henry, Makelele, Deschamps, Pires, Blanc & Trezeguet

4. Spain - Raul, Villa, Torres, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol & Casillas

5. Holland - Van Basten, Van Nistlerooy, Davids, Kluivert, Sneijder, Van Bronchorst & Van Der Sar.

6. Portugal - Figo, Rui Costa, Deco, Maniche, [C.] Ronaldo, Pauleta & Carvalho

7. Argentina - Batistuta, Crespo, Zanetti, Messi, Riquelme, Lopez & Veron

8. England - Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Scholes, Keane & Terry
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Germany?
DiegoFC (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
9. Germany - Klose, Khan, Klinsman, Bierhoff, Ballack, Frings & Lahm

There's also Schwienstieger, Lehman, Ozil & Podolski if you want to include them too
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Here are some current promising players: Kroos, kießling, Neuer, Gotze, Boateng, Muller
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Europe: France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, England
South America: Brazil, Argentina
Asia: South Korea, Japan
Africa: Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt
Oceania: Australia
North America: US

.... Kind of covered all bases there havnt you? Lol
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well lets take a look at the leagues which use the most domestic talents? I belive its the La Liga and Eredivise, so that reflects it imo. Brazil aswell, lol can never get enough brazilians
I think the Bundesliga needs a shout out as well. The Germans are just raking in almost every youth competition that there is.

It is all because of how stable the clubs in Germany are and how the majority of them invest well in their youth programs
Ahah, yes, since the abolishment of the old german FA, there is a long term plan, implemented in all aspects of german football, I think the stars of the 2010 WC are the first of many new and talented people, wowing us every 4 years.

Soon the Bundesliga will be up there competing with the La Liga and EPL
And soon after that they would have overtaken both of them
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Brazil produce amazingly talented players it's no surprise the national team has won so many trophies. Especially considering the leagues in south america don't spend millions on their youth systems they still make better players than england (my opinion). The dutch also have a great system considering their small population and all the stars they have produced in the past
Ketan87 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I say Belgium are producing lots of talents lately. Considering their ranking, a great job by belgium
Europe: France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, England
South America: Brazil, Argentina
Asia: South Korea, Japan
Africa: Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt
Oceania: Australia
North America: US
Cameroon is much better than Algeria Morocco and Tunisia and Mexico is a bit better than the USA.

I can't agree with you when you say Italy or England. Not when you compare them to Spain, Holland or Germany
I agree. I forgot to mention Cameroon and Mexico (Central America) especially.
The US are improving. Work in progress....

As far as Italy is concerned, they`re still part of the top 5, besides the poor results from the Squadra Azzura. Italy produced and are still producing quality young players, but they don`t really give them a chance to play for the national team. Look at Cassano! All these years!.... I guess they look for results in Italy. That`s the pb.
Believe me they`ll remain among the top Countries.

England, are currently producing really good young players, and with the best facilities available it will work out. They`re seriously working and concerned about it.
Of course not. I did not mean to compare England with Spain, Germany, France or Holland.... England can`t compete at this point of time. That`s a fact, and in my opinion that`s just because of their style of play.
I'm don't really know much about Englands youngsters but they are losing their spots to foreign youth, well in the top teams.

The thing with Cassano isn't that he wasn't good enough, its just he had issues with the coaches of the NT. But you are right when you say that the young players aren't getting their chances. One of Italy's biggest talents is Giovinco and he just got his first call up after the World Cup. Italy are shaping up though, after the world cup there was a huge intake of Italian players. Prandeli has been great at calling up uncapped players and spreading out the experience
Well there are a few    Rodwell, Wilshere, McEachran, and sturrdige
Lukas (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Around today you'd have to say Spain or Holland but overall Brazil
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 5 years ago
Brazil hands down! Netherlands and France also have amazing youth systems. Teams like Marsielle, Lyon, PSG, Ajax & PSV have produced great talents like Ibrahimovic, Sniejder, Ribery & Benzema. But brazil takes it because they produce legends
Keong (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Brazil!
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I think the top countries would have to be brazil, spain and netherlands they seem to pump out a lot of succesful footballers. They have it in their culture to play, especially on the streets and when ever they get the chance, if you get what I mean
Fidalgo10 (FC Porto) 5 years ago
Sporting clube de lisbon academy and ajax academy-- big bucks for their kids
HalaMadrid (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
It would have to be between spain, brazil or italy
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Netherlands and Argentina

Kick4Life - changing lives through football