Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Country Has The Best Youth System.
MDK187 (ADO Den Haag) 4 years ago
I got to say that holland wins that one. Not because I'm dutch. It's because holland have 16 miljon citizens.compared to other nations in the fifa world rankings. That's not even close to what they got. Holland have got one of the best nation sqaud in the world
Sry for my bad english    Learnt it from the movies
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Yes, Holland has an amazing number of great players considering the ratio with the population. There must be something in the water down there.
And your English is fine - now I wonder what movies were you watching
Lfcalan (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I would have to say Brazil. With so many kids playing on the streets from when they are born, it is only natural for Brazil to have the best young players
But in the netherlands everyone plays in the streets eljero elia is from my neighbourhood so is ali boussaboun and many others. They all played on the streets before going on to the pitch
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago

It's all about era, and cycle with the youth in football, with one aim in the end : Winning the world Cup in with the Senior. Concerning football, the country which has the Best youth system nowadays maybe the Spain....
But obviously all great national team have the best youth of the world : France, Argentina, Brazil, Netherland, England....

The Spain case.... For almost 10 years even more they produces, the most beautiful football players in term of class and type of play. We all know them : Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio Ramos, Villa, Silva, Mata, Piqué, Cassillas, Torres, Fabregas, Albiol, Bojan....
For almost 10 years they always are on top with their youth in the international competition, with the under -17 or -21, when they get qualified !

After, I will say France they also produces the most great players of the last decade, and they still produces the most talented players of the world !
The generations 1971-1972 got: Zidane, Dugarry, Thuram (world cup winner in 1998) Makélélé.
The generations 1973-1974 got: Vincent Candela, Robert Pirès, Patrick Vieira (world cup winner in 1998) and Wiltord.
The generations 1977-78 got: Henry, Trezeguet (both world cup winner in 1998), Anelka....
The generations 1979-1980got: Jean-Alain Boumsong, Julien Escudé et Sidney Govou. Djibril Cissé, Philippe Mexès, Kapo, Pedretti
And then comme the generations 1986-1987-1988: with: Diaby, Benzema, Ben Harfa, Ricardo Faty, N'gog....
So, France still produces one of the best players, that's why club like Chelseas or Liverpool buy them very soon even nowadays : remember, Lass Diarra(From le havre to chelsea), Anthony Le Tallec and Pongolle (from le Havre to Liverpool), Chris Mavinga(from Psg to liverpool) and more....

After we can also talk abbout Netherland which has an extraordinary generations 1983-1984 : Robben, Van der vaart, Sneijder, Huntelaar, Heitinga, Van persie....
That's almost that for Europ despite Italy formed, the best before !

But like LFCcalan said: Brazil has a special mention because they won 5 world cup which means that their youth are the best, in the end !
Brazil and Argentina produce the most incredible player of the world in terms of skills and show !
Velocityy (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Yeah, but don't forget Spain's best academy (La Masia) is based on Dutch football principles instituted by Cruijff. Spain's tikui taka playstyle reminds me of the Total Football philosophy
Hisperati (Barcelona) 4 years ago
What is the measure of a good youth system? It is the number of international players produced compare to the population (then perhaps the Netherlands)? Is it the recent form (then perhaps Spain)? Or is it historical world cup wins (then most certainly Brazil)?
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
France argentina holland
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Not so sure about France but Argentina and Holland are certainly producing some real talent recently. On Football Manager, it's a completely different matter. I always advise my scouts to stay in France, a lot of excellent talent there. If you can't snap them up while they're young, don't wait until they're a lot older, I find it's always too late, prices are out of reach. I will keep trying though
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Brazil's must be good. Anyone know what they eat down there? They do nothing but breed beatiful women and excellent footballers!
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I'll put it down as Holland and maybe Spain this 5 to 10 years. Rightly so, Holland have been churning out world class players and teams year after years. Decades. For their small population, This implies the Youth system are indeed doing very well.

Spain on the other hand, have moderate systems. But they got people. Talented players. And it just so happens that one of the best academies in the world belong to Barcelona(Catalonia) which produces more Spanish international players than all their Spanish counterparts.

Brazil and Argentina on the contrary, has no Youth system. It just happens because the countries are football mad and not War mad(I'm saying if Africans have no wars, they would be just as good). Because all this countries are generally poor, kids play cheap games. One of the cheapest(can buy 1 ball and play with alot ppl) yet can do wonders to your livelihood is Football. So kids train and play at the same time. There are no youth system in place to guide kids, to monitor kids. Just scouts all over the world to pick these talents. These country are well blessed with talents btw. So the kids will grow and become superstars sooner or later. Its not the youth systems that do the tricks for them.

And may I put, I dun consider France because most of their most recent star players are not actually french. I'm imaging that if Africa have no wars, no one would fled to France and hence fewer talent to guide up the ladder. But I would say, the French system do churn out great stuff. Just that the natural resource is all over africa and france.

England are nowhere good in their systems
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Netherlands and Argentina
HalaMadrid (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
It would have to be between spain, brazil or italy
Fidalgo10 (FC Porto) 4 years ago
Sporting clube de lisbon academy and ajax academy-- big bucks for their kids
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think the top countries would have to be brazil, spain and netherlands they seem to pump out a lot of succesful footballers. They have it in their culture to play, especially on the streets and when ever they get the chance, if you get what I mean
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Brazil!
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Brazil hands down! Netherlands and France also have amazing youth systems. Teams like Marsielle, Lyon, PSG, Ajax & PSV have produced great talents like Ibrahimovic, Sniejder, Ribery & Benzema. But brazil takes it because they produce legends
Lukas (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Around today you'd have to say Spain or Holland but overall Brazil
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Europe: France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, England
South America: Brazil, Argentina
Asia: South Korea, Japan
Africa: Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt
Oceania: Australia
North America: US
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Cameroon is much better than Algeria Morocco and Tunisia and Mexico is a bit better than the USA.

I can't agree with you when you say Italy or England. Not when you compare them to Spain, Holland or Germany
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
I agree. I forgot to mention Cameroon and Mexico (Central America) especially.
The US are improving. Work in progress....

As far as Italy is concerned, they`re still part of the top 5, besides the poor results from the Squadra Azzura. Italy produced and are still producing quality young players, but they don`t really give them a chance to play for the national team. Look at Cassano! All these years!.... I guess they look for results in Italy. That`s the pb.
Believe me they`ll remain among the top Countries.

England, are currently producing really good young players, and with the best facilities available it will work out. They`re seriously working and concerned about it.
Of course not. I did not mean to compare England with Spain, Germany, France or Holland.... England can`t compete at this point of time. That`s a fact, and in my opinion that`s just because of their style of play.
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I'm don't really know much about Englands youngsters but they are losing their spots to foreign youth, well in the top teams.

The thing with Cassano isn't that he wasn't good enough, its just he had issues with the coaches of the NT. But you are right when you say that the young players aren't getting their chances. One of Italy's biggest talents is Giovinco and he just got his first call up after the World Cup. Italy are shaping up though, after the world cup there was a huge intake of Italian players. Prandeli has been great at calling up uncapped players and spreading out the experience
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well there are a few    Rodwell, Wilshere, McEachran, and sturrdige

Kick4Life - changing lives through football