Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Caused You Most Heartbreak?
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Ecstasy and agony are sentiments every supporter has experienced.
What's the most disappointed you've been?
Was it your team losing a game, perhaps a derby, a cup final, a title decider or one in which they surrendered a solid lead? Maybe it was them failing to qualify for a major competition or succumbing to relegation.
Could it be your favorite player missing a crucial penalty or moving to a rival club? Perhaps it was your idol being dropped or retiring
Thomas1978 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Football wise, I remember watching the FA Cup Final in 1996 hoping Liverpool will win with the team that played such attractive soocer that season. The game as you might remember was not great to watch, when Cantona scored in the 86th min, I was absolutely heart broken man.

===

Link: lets-talk-soccer.blogspot.com
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
In recent memory, it would have to be blowing the treble in the 07/08 season, that was very painful. We were in a fantastic position to win the UEFA Cup and League and we fell at the final hurdle in both competitions.

Either that, or failing to qualify for Europe in 08/09 season, courtesy of FBK Kaunas :/
Syraph (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
There was the 2-6 loss to Barcelona this past season. My friends wouldn't stop bringing it up, especially my two buddies who are Barcelona supporters.
During the 2006 World Cup, I was cheering for France (who should have been the rightful victors really)and Zidane was absolutely amazing. When Zidane was sent off, I had a sense of anguish and then France went on to lose. Honestly, I just feel bad for the guy, he could've ended his career with a second world cup...
Yup the 2-6 loss was hard for me as well. Most of my friends are Barcelona supporters so I know how you feel. Hopefully our team will mesh quickly and we will become champions once again
JosiahsOnFire (Barcelona) 5 years ago
What are you talking about.... That 2-6 loss was on of the greatest days of my life

Haha anyways, for me it can't of been this season 'cos Barca freakishly nabbed up pretty much everything but the last encounter at Old Traffod, Barca vs. Man you....

When Scholes smashed that goal in the top corner, I was crushed.... Didn't hear the end of it from all my Man UTD friends
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Saddest momment.... Liverpool not being able to lift the trophy last season.... We were so close, the closest we've ever been.... We just faultered because we drew too much.... Sad...
Elucari (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Me too man, that was brutal
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Brutal for sure
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
2006 Champions League Final against Barca. Most heartbreaking as we were so close to winning the European cup.

More recently, when Liverpool knocked us out of the Champions League due to a questionnable penalty call immediately after Walcott had the greatest moment of his career with that amazing run passing countless Liverpool players
I feel your pain bro, even I wanted you guys to win against Barca, and almost had tears when the UCL slowly slipped away...
Mohsink (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Champions League Final 2005. AC Milan vs. Liverpool. I don't know if it was the time of year where I got my marks back from school or the game itself but I was bawled my eyes out after that game. In 90 minutes, I felt every feeling possible. Love, excitement, passion, happiness, anger and hate. I remember watching the game at home on my own.... After the game, I just sat there on my couch in the darkness looking with glazed eyes at the TV not knowing what to do next. Then I walked into the bathroom, sat on the toilet and just cried and cried. I couldn't ever have imagined that we would have given up a 3 goal lead like that. It still pains me to this day
No disrespect.... But that was one of the greatest moments of my life.... !
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Last year's FA Cup final. We were the black horses in this competition, nobody thought we would ever walk in to the finals. But we proved them wrong by beating Liverpool, Villa, Manchester United and some others to get into the finals. I was then looking forward to the final, hoping we would really be the black horses and be the champions of FA Cup.

During the match, after Saha scored a brilliant goal in just 25 seconds, I was like the maddest guy in town. Cheering for 1 minute non stop until I cooled down. After Drogba scored the goal, I still remain a positive manner, thinking we could at least make it into the penalties and win it. But it was not to be as Lampard scored a tremendous goal, my heart sank at that moment.

After the match, I seem to be in a really bad mood, scolding people without reason and etc. I took about 2 days to recover from it
You werent the only one mate.... I went jumping and screaming after such an early goal from Saha.... Too bad you guys couldn't clinch the win.... Maybe next time...
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Liverpool not walking away with any trophies last season especially not walking away with premiership trophy. That and Chelsea knocking Liverpool out 2 years in a row, both being very close matches
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Last season. We were so close to winning the league. We did the double over Manchester United and Chelsea. But we dropped to many points at home. In the Champions League going out the way we did. Losing at home then giving away a 2-0 to Chelsea. And Nigeria get knocked out by 10 men Ghana. But the good side Nigeria beat France
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Hahahahah almost every post on here so far details a sad moment being losing in the final or coming second/third in the league.

My happiest recent memory is losing to Arsenal in the 2003 FA Cup final. Saddest, I think getting relegated from Prem hurt more than falling out of the Championship but it was close
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
That's worse. Saints Rock
It must have been heart wrenching to know your club was almost sent to oblivion
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
World cup 98 when they said something happened to Rolando! And we lost to france they scholled us ! Ugh... What a loss.

Watch it!
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
Why watch it? I want to forget about it, I was so upset.... Then they got us again in 2006...
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
And France where down to 10 men
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I've heard so many disappoinments.

And JT I hate him since then

Wow.... I was also heart-torn when I saw JT miss it.... Sad...
When I saw him miss the penalty I was like haha. Oh man he is going to haunted by this for the rest of his life
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I almost cryed when I saw this. Depressed for a week or two
Chelsea have so many! Hahahahaha

Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Oh really you tryna be funny okay !
Calm down man.... You know how he's like...
Remembering this is good for you because now you can remember and never forget that Chelsea is a total failure! Hahaha kid laughed at your asses!
Ooooo you are gonna' get it lfc4life. I'm sure he is just joking around. Just trying to get you mad for fun. So don't let it get to you
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I was actually gonna' mention those. And then of course the kick heard round the world in the champions league final against united. Depressed for a good week after that.

Lfc4life, how bout we count out the amount of title's you've won in the last year then we'll talk about who a failure is

Kick4Life - changing lives through football