Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Van Persie- Wants To Be Best ? Has He Got It
VanPersie (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=657776&sec=eng...

Van persie came to arsenal ozzing with talent and has been disapointed with injurys and form. He is now setteled to a regular starter and a top goal scorer. But has he got the potential to be best in the world?
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He has it. But the problem is he is surrounded by players that are not. Such as Ade, Vela And More. I think he should leave the club as it would do him alot of good
I agree (with much pain) that if he wants to develop he should leave to a club which wins trophies and he can start. Barca if eto'o leaves
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
He misses alot though really!
Do you mean chances? I think he is quite consistent with scoring anyway he is brilliant at assists
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yea I watched some game and I'm like wow! He scores the hard one and misses the easy ones van persie
He would do fantastic in barcalona. He would be also be reunited with henry which would be great. To be honest I don't want him to leave.... I would rarther have arsenal to play to thier best. Maybe a player or two can be pulled in to influence the side
Benzema would be great
Benzema To Arsenal Or Barca?
Benzema needs to be a starter arsenal would allow that if ade leaves which I hope he does now
Maybe. But I think he would be expected to join man utd as they are top of thier game and arsenal still need work
But could he brake into the line up with rooney and berbatov and wellbeck coming throuh as well
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 4 years ago
He needs to learn jsut because he has 'Van' in his name, it dosent atomatically make him a good player
Why Would you assume VDS is That Vain?
Kaloud (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Van persie has so much talent and seeing he is dutch I love him but some how I am left disappointed with his form yes I understand injury has slowed down his progression under arsene but hopefully he will keep up his form and next season he will own.
Got high hopes for him
Wannabgunner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I have no idea what you guys are talking about
Last season h was fantastic
He got injured for the max.... What like two weeks
And was the top goal scorer for Arsenal and had the most assists in the Premiership
Of course everyone needs to learn....
But his form was brilliant....
In both the first liverpool game and Chelsea game
We onlt had a few chances to score and Van Persie capitalized on both of them
TheCR9 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He is still young and developing and he will reach to his prime but not to the best in the world, he is prone to injuries just like owen
Dali (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I doubt it. Like CR9 said, he's too injury prone. Although I believe he has the technical skills, there is just something lacking in his over-all style of play
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yes, he can be top of the pile, but there are some kinks to work out first....
1. He "is" too injury prone, although he showed his fitness last year, you can never be sure if u'll have him for the next game or not.... If he can actually turn those fragile legs into titanium, expect him to surprise every game....
2. He has no right foot.... He favours his left far more than the other.... At times, he can't even hit the target with his right.... But last season, he had a few good goals with his right and I could see that he's improving on that leg.... Keep it up and both legs will do him wonders....
3. 11 goals and 11 assists last season, not too good and not too bad, he is probably the most consistent Gunner. But that leaves a question of wheather his efforts are enough.... Like VanPersie (footytube one) said, the rest of the team can't really keep up with him.... He may set up a great ball for Bentdner, but if he still misses, then it won't count for anything.... If he gets himself into a perfect position, but nobody passes to him, he won't get a chance.... If he scores a hatrick, but the defence concede 4, then they'll still miss out on 3 points....
4. His freekicks arent getting any better, if I remember correctly, he didn't score with a freekick last year.... He had several chances from good positions, but he sometimes failed to even get it over the wall.... He has to make sure that trait doesn't slump, it pays to have a good set-piece taker....
5. Every club knows Van Persie is a class striker, but he hasnt one anything big.... Just one Comunity Shield and one FA Cup with Arsenal.... No UCL or EPL trophy to show his real worth to the world.... He's gotta' get some silver wear before he can really take his career to a new level, and that might not be at the Emirates Stadium....
Overall, he's at 25, 53 goals in 136 games for Arsenal, he has room to improve and he has a blindingly bright future ahead, wheather it be with Arsenal.... He can be best, he just needs to start showing it when needed....
The above is of no offense to any Arsenal fans, they are just opinions, suggestions and examples....
I don't find it offensive I find it very factual. I agree he is to injury prone but most players go through a stage like that lets hope his has been.
His free kicks have not found the mark but I seem to remember him coming agonizingly close on many occasions and hitting the wood work on three others this season.

He is a class player which has the potential to be the best but even I sadly don't think that he will rise to this. He should leave to ac milan and grow into a starter with a club who will deliver the trophies to the cabnit.
Blaak (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I love Van Persie he's one of my top fav players. I see a lot of potential for him and hope he becomes best in the world. GO netherlands! !

Kick4Life - changing lives through football