Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Underated Managers
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
We've be talking about the player , those who are overrated and those who are underrated. But we forgot to give give creditt to managers who manage to find good players despite having a samll budget during the transfert window. For me the everton manager Moyes is one of the most underrated in the game, he made good signings and enable Everton to be a competitive team
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I agree with you, he even revived saha. He introduced Fellaini (Belgium). It does with small means
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Fergusson wanted Fellaini for a while too.... I never know why he didn't pick him finally....  Somenody got the anwser?
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Yeah he revived Saha, Howard, Phil Neville. Now all these 3 are very good players. All this players are from Man United though, we are so called the recycling bin of Manchester United.
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Manuel Jiménez Fc Sévilla coach !
He is going to make something really cool, with that team !
They play very well.... He got strong and a lot of underrated player: Squillaci, Escudé, Renato, Fabiano (even I don't like him), Konko (the revelation), Zokora, J. Navas, Capel and more !
They are third in the LIGA, and the won tehir two matches in Champions League.... Great Debut !
Coach Jimenez is note really exposed in the media and it's maybe better in that way...
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
You are right.... They won against Real Madrid.... I watched their play and they had so many chances to win even higher than 2:1
Rayrulesohye (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Great coach, he was the be team coach scince 2000 the in 07 took over the senior team, he makes good signings and he has got Navas and Perotti playing to their ability
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Blanc
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Yeah great Pick,  Here in France we all said that he's a genius that's why I didn't thought about him !  But you are totally right !
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yes very well, after 7 years of victory in Lyon. Laurent Blanc and Bordeaux have managed to win the title in France. And this year's league champion, Bordeaux is the first group. Good example
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He should coach the French national team
Yes, I don't know why FFF keep domenech
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Domenech's contract with FFF is heavy, so if they broke the contract, he will earned a lot....
And he doesn't deserve to win all that money, even he's rubbish !
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
You know: Bela Guttman? This is a very good one!
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
No, who is he? Tell us more about him !
Unai Emery the manager of Valencia
Definitely of what Theshid have said, Moyes is one of the best Everton managers ever. He looks out for talents, he knows how to rotate players, he has trust in players. He coaches well.

The likes of Rooney have been brought by him in the Everton academy and Rooney did very well and now is in Manchester United. I also must say Moyes have super psychic powers to see which players would do well, the likes of Jagielka, Lescott, Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini, Piennar are all brought in by Moyes from clubs that some people might not even know. The first three was all Championship teams, Arteta was bought from Racing Satander in Spain and Fellaini is bought from some clubs in Belgium.

He has great trust in players like Cahill, he trusted Cahill to be a striker and Cahill suceeded and rock at it. Even with all the injuries this few years down, we still can get UEFA Cup/ Europa League every season which is very impressive, which is all thanks to this man.

I would also like to credit the other managers like Harry Redknapp, Roy Hodgson, Tony Pulis, Martin O'Neill. They all brought underrated teams to a new different level. Especially Redknapp, with the likes of Southampton, Portsmouth, Tottenham, all this clubs have been successful with him, except the Southampton one though
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Martin O'neill, when he was manager of Celtic they were a world class team, and now he is showing his class at Aston Villa
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
True that Martin Onei'l did a great job with Aston Villa
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think zola is going to be a great manager. I'm interested to see what he will do with west ham over the next few years. Off to a bad start this year though....

Steve Bruce's name is fresh in my mind. I'd like to think he is the best manager in the world after last week. Can't go that far, but he has definitely done well.

Whoever burnley's manager is can't be bad either. They're off to an excellent start. Must be doing something right.

I also think that sir alex ferguson is underrated. I don't think its possible to overrate the guy.
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Well, they are in the relegation zone now, whats happened? He hasn't been great exactly!
Drukdude (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Eventhough the Hammers are in the relegation zone I still think Zola is doing a great job. There are so many problems with West Ham at the moment that he is really making the best of the situation. He also did great in Italy....
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
I also think Zola is doin a good job I can see him going far. At the moment its not looking good but all they need is some luck and they will be back to they foce that they were last season and Zola has brought in some good quite players

Steve bruce is underated I can't believe he isn't at a bigger club not top4 but bigger club (not to affend sunderland) but if Birmingham kept Burce I'm sure they wouldnt have been relegated
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
David moyes. He has done so much for everton with so little money to spend. Brilliant manager whom I cannot believe has not been picked up by any larger clubs (though his loyalty to everton is partly to blame for this, another great quality)
Seantoon (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Chris Hughton at Newcastle.
All the talk about how Alan Shearer is going to be brought back.... But Chris Hughton seems to be guiding Newcastle back to te Premiership anyway!
Newcastle are currently first, three points clear at the top of the table ^o^
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I go with the German Manager Jogie Low. Such a good coach. And he is so underrated
Yeah great shout! He took over Klinsman and was not known by many at all, many thought he would fail. But he did real good and coached Germany to 2nd place in Euro 2008, only to lose to Spain and Torres in the final
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I liked Sven in reign of England. He can't Make them take a good penalty, he has to train them. So he's one whos under-rated, but my main one is Roy Hodgson for Fulham, who as a manager, like you said Theshid, never gets any credit for where he's brought Fulham during his time in reign. He really does know his stuff, a great guy. Over-rated? Jose Mourinho and Gianfranco Zola - Jose because he is arrogant and that's the only reason people think he's good (Oh, and he won two titles with us but that was four or five years ago - I still don't like him) and Zola (I'm criticising people who played and managed my club, why?) Because he just isn't as good as Alan Curbishley. West Ham's record seems to go like this: First they were dead good, until about 2007-2008, which they were kinda bad for a bit. Then Curbishley came in, and they came up to 8th or 9th or 10th in the league - Now he's gone, Zola's come in and they're back in the relegation zone!
Drukdude (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Marcel Koller

He was fired by Bochum this season but he has managed some very good transfers during his reign and kept them in the league, which is no small feat for a club like Bochum.
I might be a bit biased though, as I knew him from his time at St. Gallen, whom he made Swiss Champions out of the blue
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Erik Hamren, the manager for norwegians Rosenborg and now lately for the swerdish national team. Remember my words: he is gonna' do some magic with this up until now crappy pieces of a footballteam.... (sweden!)

LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Unai Emery, Absolute great tactician, Very young so he will only get better
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Is he still the manager of Valencia? I'm amazed how they managed to retain the nr. 3 spot in La Liga while selling their key players (Villa, Silva, Albiol, Joaquin, Mata - to name a few) and replacing them with relatively low-profile players. When you look at some other squads, e. G. Atletico Madrid, it becomes obvious that it takes a real mastermind behind Valenica in order to retain that 3rd spot, right behind Barca and Real
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Exactly! They got a system down, sell key players and replace them with cheap ones that will succeed (From La Maisa and Castilla)
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
The only thing I'm amazed with Valencia is that they actually never sack a manager for 3 years! Maybe Inter should take a cue from them
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Emery's done an amazing job considering he doesn't have the best of squads and still manages to get Valencia to 3rd in the table

Kick4Life - changing lives through football