Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Torres The Fading Star!!!!
Smiffy7 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Just my opinion but how would you like the pressure of a £50million price tag, added to the fact that you werent scoring well for liverpool, and then the media watching every mistake you make and telling you that your having confidence issues....

For me he will find his form and come back firing. You only have to look at the runs he makes, he's a constant threat but his finishing has been lacking for a long time now.

I think it would be a silly move for chelsea to sell him because they will benefit from him in the future and I have no doubt about that.

If they moved to a 4-4-2 with a diamond and played him alongside sturridge, alot of teams will struggle to beat them. Chelseas full backs like to attack, well let them, don't play with wingers play with two central midfielders alongside a dmc, put mata behind the front two, his creativity in providing the speed of torres and sturridge would be hard for alot of teams to prevent for 90 minutes.

He will rise again! Mark my words
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I disagree, He now plays it safe and never makes those runs he made at the start of the season. And also Sturridge never passes to him. They won't work together in a partnership

Evidence: This season
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The main thing is that Torres does not fit the Chelsea style of play. His runs are useless with the Chelsea team. Adeboyar will fit Chelsea
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I agree with Smiffy. Torres is a quality striker who currently is in a vaccum with lost confidence. What he really needs is to play under a great manager, one who will give him the confidence back and make sure he has the right support on the field. Torres will be back at his best but it might not be under Villas-Boas or even at Chelsea
Peteko 2 years ago
Besides his personal problems, Torres has also been unlucky with his clubs. He was with Liverpool when they were in a struggling transition and has moved to Chelsea which seems to have a similar situation.

Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
When you look at his goal ratio since he joined Chelsea, well that's a disaster. Even Sheva did better.
Anyways no more excuses at this point, his number one duty is to score goals with consistency and help Chelsea win games. His work ratio on the pitch has been great, no doubt. He's been a good forward. However, when it comes to scoring goals and thus playing a more decisive role for his team (with all the expectations put on him) that's failure to me. When you look at that clear chance he missed against United, that's a clear indicator of a lack of confidence in front of goal.
Yet, Torres still has the whole 2nd part of the season to show something and help Chelsea win a Trophy this season
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Dunno whats wrong with that guy, its just not working for him at chelsea.... Maybe chelsea is a selfish team or their formation doesn't suit torres. Too late for a move now he really gotta' improve with chelsea until the end of the season else no euro 12 for him which will be really sad for us...
Chelsea is not a selfish team.... Maybe Sturridge.
Torres fit a 4-4-1-1.... He need someone like Gerrard behind him. 4-3-3 fits Drogba
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I could see him going back to spain, its in his best intrest to do that, as there is a big international tournement coming up 7 he needs to be there!
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
He's not a fading star.... More like a small moon or rock floating in space
I think a long back to spain should be alright
*loan.... That will really help him to get his form
I am not a fan of Torres, even when he was at Liverpool or when he was first signed to Chelsea. Chelsea needs to get rid of Torres and stop playing an out of form player game after game and hope that he will score and regain his form. He has scored a few goals already and nothing came of them. He made the wrong decision to move to Chelsea.... But Chelsea is doing better than Liverpool.
I think that Torres will fit best with Liverpool or Tottenham. But Chelsea shouldn't sell to a rival. Instead, Chelsea should send Torres back to Athletico Madrid and get Falcao
In which team will Torres really fit in and will be a hit again? Until now he is a flop at Chelsea, I'm sure he must regret his decisions but what about a comeback to Liverpool FC? We all know that guy is world class but it didn't really work well for him at his new club, we can get him at a cut down price. However I think a move to Spain also will benefit him because right now he is so poor that he can't be assure of a place for the Euro 12. So in which team he can really play like a world class again? We all miss the old deadly EL NINO

Kick4Life - changing lives through football