Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Top 5 Overrated Players
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
1. Ronaldo  2. Ferdinand  3. Nasri  4. Bosingwa  5. Ronaldinho
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Ronaldinho isn't really overrated anymore...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Was never Over rated
Ckangaroo (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Bosingwa is not overrated.... He's the best right back in the prem
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Ferdinand isn't really overrated either
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Dinho overrated? You kidding.... !
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Another one of these topics? (I'm only annoyed cause I posted the first one)
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Nasri ism't over rated he's a genius
Nasri is amazing. And he is only 21 fool. Nice list.... Not Very Accurate
1. Lampard-Ever notice how he only scores when the ball deflects off someone? Or how he only seems to boot the ball when in defence, never a pass?
2. Vidc
3. Ronaldo
4. Pato
5. ManUre
And number 6 is Tottenham
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Sorry man, gotta' disagree with your Lampard comment there....
Although I don't have it right now, there was a football show that gave stats about Lampard to prove that only 20-30% of his goals are shot the way you described.... All the others are pure goals....
Plus, it doesn't really matter how he scores it, as long as he scores it....
Wow buddy you really are blind.... Did you see his free kick against ipswich? Or his goal against liverpool in the champions league.... Or hull city? Or aston villa? Get your facts right bud and he passes better than anyone in arsenal.... Did you see his passes against arsenal.... I know you didn't cause if you were an arsenal fan you would recognise that he did better than any of your players and f**k nasri he is overrated
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I really have to disagree with your entire list. Lampard is a fantastic player and certainly not rated higher than he should be. Same can be said for Vidic as he is a solid rock of a center back who only really had one bad game last season. Ronaldo might be overrated, only if you consider him being worth 80 million that he was bought for, but he really is amazing even though he's a total prick. Pato is the only driving force in the AC Milan attack, and he is the only part of AC Milan I enjoy watching (young, energetic and inventive in attack). And ManU? Hard to be overrated when you're rated one of the best in the world and have proven it at least two seasons in a row with Premiership and Champions League success (not to mention dominating Arsenal in the champions league)
Haha what qualifies as being overrated then? In my mind, all of them are overrated. Except 5, that was more of a joke (common peoples where are your laughing hats?). And Pato, I watched some vids of this past season and pretty much take that back. And Ckangaroo, whenever I happen to turn on the tele and see Chelsea, I really don't see Lampard playing well. Then again, it could just be because Chelsea is an utter bore to watch and that's just their style. Yamsy, that would be very interesting to see. Although I have to say 20-30 percent is quite a lot for a deflection goal! Vidic, I always hear a lot about him. I do think he's very good, but I just don't see what everyone is rambling on about. Perhaps its because I don't watch the defenders and see the intelligence he happens to play with. Overall though, I just can't see why he was a favorite for the player of the year. Ronaldo I just loathe. He's a prissy asshole, and although also very good, not worth 80m. He disappears at times and only plays for himself
Buddy you have never watched a chelsea game for at least a minute if your soo smart you would know that frank lampard is fifty times better than that franny the old granny fabregas.... I don't even think granny can pass, shoot or run as well as lampard, lampard is a huge package, you're not only getting an experienced durable player, you're also getting his all around 360 degrees vision and his great passes long and short, his awsome dribbling skills and control, his slick runs and his eye for goal.... Granny probably only has one of these. The reason why people find Chelsea boring is cause you have to look at our players.... None of them have the dirty greasy attitude and the flair that the other teams in the top four have.... Chelsea never waste their chances or take stupid shots.... They play smarter than that filth arsenal play the reason people like chelsea is cause evferything they do builds up to their goals which builds up to their wins, look what Hiddink did, he had nobody that had the greasy skills and flair and he led Chelsea to an FA cup.... When was the last time arsenal won silverware? Certainly not last year. So get your ignorant head out of your butt and don't complain about boring football cause it works

[edited by mod to keep within footytube guidelines]
Tnadidas3 (Celtic) 5 years ago
Futbol22---The reason Vidic (and Ferdinand) are so highly rated is that the Center Backs are crucial to a defence, and Manchester United had something like 14 straight games without conceding? I'm not sure of the exact number but it's quite impressive. That sort of streak doesn't happen by chance, you credit the defence and goalkeeper when the numbers come in like that. Vidic is a great player, he's no over rated or under rated he's known as great and he is.

Ckangaroo---I agree that Lampard is pure quality but I disagree with your argument about why they are boring. I don't want to get involved in this little argument though
I never said Vidic wasn't good! I only said that I haven't been able to see why he's so talked about. I agree he is solid player. I thought I was able to state my opinion haha.

And Ckangaroo I've nothing to say to a person who says a player is bad based upon sexual orientation. Grow some class
Oh no! I didn't mean to be condescending, I was just trying to stimulate the argument    I'm sorry if I offended you
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
So hold on futbol22. You're saying these players are overrated without seeing them play? Haha well maybe you should watch a game or two before you make a list like this

Oh and Ckangaroo please read the footytube guidelines and do your best to follow them please. Thanks
Pish posh! Haha. I've seen em' play. Pato though was a bad bad call. I fully take that back
Phew.... The intensity is gone...
Oh Tnadidas, its all good! The internet is a difficult place to read peoples tone of voice haha. Only person I took offense with was CKangaroo
Yo buddy I didn't diss any player for their sexual orientation and second you're just plain ignorant, frank lampard is playing better now in his thirtys than granny will ever play look at the people who agree with me they're alll older and wiser not your kind buddy. Arsenal can't even hang on to their great veteran players but Chelsea can win trophies by keeping theirs. The reason Lampard is Highly rated is because he is the second highest scoring midfielder in the prem to the great Matt Le Tissier. Where are Arsenal's great midfielders? Oh ya they can't score goals
Perhaps after your post was edited by the mods yes. Still have nothing to say to you
How are we defining over-rated? I'm not seeing how Vidic is over-rated but maybe I'm just clueless
Don't worry, to me Vidic isn't Over-rated at all either....
They're just stating their personal opinions....
Nothing wrong with it.... Try urs....
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 5 years ago
1. Rooney  2. Rooney  3. Rooney  4. Rooney  5. Rooney
You really think you could have thought of something new to post. All I ever see from you is Rooney bashing regardless of the topic
Rooney is the most overrated player i've ever seen. Ppl think he gonna' be Charlton. I mean come on the man can't even score any goals hahahahaha
Torres only scored 2 more goals than Rooney last season.

Rooney is world class, I'll start believing you when you actually come up with some facts to back up your argument rather than your childish rants.
Rooney never got injured and never scores
You My Friend Give Liverpool Fans The Stereo-Type
Can't place them in order.... So i'll just show them out (in no particular order)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen, Kaka, Ronaldo...
Mohsink (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Kaka and Ronaldo? Although I was never a huge fan, Ronaldo is still scoring goals (he scored some amazing goals in his last game for Corinthians) and obviously he has enough talent to score even with his weight. Kaka hasn't been the same this past year but only because of the injury. Kaka has enough class to not be called overrated and he'll be back to his best. Remember that Kaka has carried Milan to a lot of success these past years in the Champions League so he deserves more credit
Dude.... I meant Cristiano Ronaldo.... I have great respect for the origial Ronaldo.... Kaka, erm, not as much...
Lampard Rooney pato and vidic are not overrated
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Hard to see how Ferdinand is overrated, same with Vidic....

Michael Owen has shown some skill by always being in the right place at the right time so far, let's hope he continue that.
Well he hasnt been as good has he has. And people call him the best defender. And kinda like s**t
He was solid all season long aside from that one game against Liverpool where he just had a bad day at the office
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Bad day for United, great day for Liverpool Watched that game again a week ago. Heaven! Ferguson chewing gum at 200mph, Rooney going redder and redder, Old Trafford empty by 85mins. Even Andy Gray and Martin Tyler, two notoriously United favouring commentators, were chuckling about it!

Let me have my moment in the sunshine, who knows what will happen next season
Yashan (Manchester United) 5 years ago
All of these are based on last season EPL

Peter Cech has been error prone,
Fabergas(as a captain),
Obi Mikel when the financial tug of war broke out between Man UTD and Chelsea I expected more from him than a solid build and a short passing ability,
Anderson same goes for him lack of scoring is not a problem if they were to call him replacement for owen hardgreaves,
Mascherano(man's sole job is to pick up a yellow card every game, it's like he has a yellow card bonus clause in his contract)
I really don't know why you people can't see the good that Mascherano does for us....
He has great stamina and runs like a horse all around the pitch every game....
He makes great short and long passes....
And most importantly, make crucial interceptions and tackles to stop the opposition's play....
But yes, he does get lots of bookings....
Agreed mascherano is one of the great midfielders in the prem
I like Mascherano as well. He works hard and is a solid midfielder. I'd be happy if he were on Arsenal
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Ibra, Adebayor, Ronaldo, Rooney, Pato.    Hands Down the winner is Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
You have my utmost agreement to your winner...
I agree with the Adebayor one too. I'm surprised he isn't mentioned more. He thinks he is so dank at football after one great season. Gotta' keep performing buddy (although he did score some extraordinary goals last season as well)
Pato.... Isn't overrated.... I think
Ibra isn't overrrated. He is really good. So is pato and rooney the rest I agree
Umiq18 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
1. Fat Frank
2. Lil' Wayne Rooney
3. Cannavaro - The worst European player of the year EVER!
4. Landon Donova - 80% of goals are from pks but is still Americas hero
5. Cry-stiano Ronaldo
I don't agree with the first 2 and no. 4....
It's not just Donovan's goals that make him good, it's his performance in game.... Especially his running....
I agree with you on rooney
Frank and rooney shudnt be in the list...
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Haha I agree with landon donovan, shitty player
I disagree with the first 2. But cannavaro is the worst ballon dor
I think a lot of people think Lampard and Rooney are overrated but they are both not. Lampard is a good passer. He has great vision like his pas for Drogba in the FA cup semi final against Arsenal. He is also a great takler. And he is very good at postioning. But he is also a consintant player. He played 100 and something games in a row. Which is really impresive. Rooney is the best english player followed by Gerrard. He can pass he can shot he can dribble he can cross and he can defend. He is an all aroud player. In modern day football we don't have that. I can only metion four. Rooney and Lampard are 2 the others are Pirlo and Gerrard. Last season he did that. In some games he played on the right and owned. On the left and owned. In attack and owned. Behind the striker and owned. He is very good at running back and regaining the ball
I totalllly agree with you...
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
1. Beckham - He just sucks in my opinion.

2. Adebayor - such a fagbag.

3. Dunne - error prone.

4. Berbatov- way toooooo overrated.

5. A. Song - do not know what he does on the pitch lol
Beckham- Who cares Anymore

Ade- He will do good at man city. I agree he was rated ever so much and yet couldn't finish tap ins.

Dunne- I feel sorry for dunne. He was amazing last last season. Put everything into his tackles. He even injured himself countless times by making vital last second tackles. But yes he is oh so over rated now.

Berba- Depends. I personally don't think he is over rated. I think him more of an finisher and technical supporter than an clinical finisher like ronney and torres.

Song- I like song a lot. And when the hell did anyone rate him lol
Beckahm shudnt be in da list IMO...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football