Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Top 10 Weak Footed Goals
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Top 10 may be an abused subject on Le Tube. There has been volleys, chips, headers, scissor kicks(bicicletas) the list goes on. But I thought this one would be quite interesting. What do you think are the best weak footed goals you have ever seen? It is a skill I have immense respect and admiration for, being able to finish with your non-dominant foot. I have never been the best at it, so I envy those that are gifted with both feet. Make sure it is their weak foot they score the goal with. Please post a video of that goal(if you can find it) and let the debate begin I suppose.

10.) Rafael Van der Vaart vs Arsenal in Champions League, I don't think the commentator is aware he is left footed

9.) Thierry Henry vs. Real Madrid again in Champions League, the dribbling before the goal.... Ridiculous

8.) Bobby Charlton wonderstrike, really commonplace for him. Made the game look to easy. He and Zidane, two of the greatest players ever, bald in their 20s haha

7.)Messi vs Malaga, I was trying to find the goal where he takes it off his chest, gets tripped in the area(most players would have gone down) keeps going and volleys it with his right into the bottom corner(if someone knows the goal I am speaking of, please post) this one will do though haha

6.)Ibrahimovic vs Benfica, I wouldn't even think of hitting that

5.)Zidane a Bordeaux, one of my favorite Zidane goals

4.) Zidane against Deportivo la Coruna, great skills Zidane, you're a legend

3.)Messi vs Getafe(Maradona finishes his famous similar goal with his left)

2.) Zidane vs. Bayer Leverkusen, what a goal, incredible. I love the guy on the PA system in this video haha ziinnneedddiiiiiiiinnnee zzzzziiidanne! Lol

1.) This used to be Ronaldinho with his right footed over head bicicleta(I know, it was stupid, I am currently editing it). But I think this goal is worthy of being number one, Maxi Rodriguez in the World Cup against Mexico in extra time, doesn't get much bigger or better than that. I am pretty sure Maxi is right footed?

Please post your favorites
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Zidane's and Dinho's goal were pure classics
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
Dinho use his right foot, should not count
You are right. I've always thought it was his left, because of the angle, but it is definitely his right. It is hard to know of a goal that beats Zidane's then. Maybe the Ronaldinho goal Pragatish posted
Thanks for pointing that out Somere
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Heitinga goal against utrecht  
That was a great goal, the pass before the hit was class
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Good topic Pirate,well done
And another Ronaldinho!
Ronaldinho vs AC Milan!Such a quality strike with his weak foot

Thanks man, that is a great goal. Classic champions league moment, I forgot about this goal
Fussball (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Great goals. All of em, my appreciation of Zidane and Messi dug more deep after these!
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
My apparent dyslexia at times when it comes to bicycle kicks seems to be in the past now but it was in full force when I made this Here is another goal compared to Maxi's for number one I would say this beats it. Always thought this was one of the classiest goals ever, never knew Yeboah was left footed which makes it even more impressive

ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Looks like I Gerrard strike What a cracking goal that is
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Nice topic Donnchadh. Right footed players who naturally use their weaker foot can score some cracking goals.

I'd put Zidane's volley against Leverkusen as number 1, because the technique to execute such a volley ain't that easy. But, then again the left foot usually makes miracles for right footed players

Kick4Life - changing lives through football