7. Davor Suker: Croatia - Danemarca, Euro '96

6. David Ginola: Spurs - Leeds

5. George Best: Irlanda de Nord - Anglia, 1971

4. Michel Platini: Juventus - Argentinos Juniors

3. Kevin Keegan: Southampton - Man Utd, 1981

2. Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid - Real Valladolid

1. Matt Le Tissier: Anglia - Romania, 1994

Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 4 years ago
I feel like Pele's (number 10?) missed goal was inverted with Le Tissier (number 1?), it was about 10 times more brilliant
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Good post, it's different from showing missed opportunities. These are videos that we do not see often. I put below that of ribery against Juventus
I'm a fan of Zinedine Zidane, I've never seen this action. This would have been a mythical goal
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
Can't believe Keegan's goal was disallowed.... I'd still be mad with the refs to this day if I'd scored that goal.... So glad they got rid of those ridiculous rules
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Nice topic. I was thinking of Pélé's attempt as well, because a player like him usually doesn't just let the ball run, they want it more than anything but his brilliance got the upper hand and that lovely non-trick was the result.

Edit: gotta' mention Messi at least once here:

He has quite a lot of those magnificent 'almost' goals
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Amazing run from messi
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 4 years ago
Ronaldinho shouldn't have missed this one:    
What happened with Ronaldihno. He was so strong. What action, speed, technical precision, ...
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I wish dinho gains his form and does wonders like this...
Shghal (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
Rivaldo.... Is.... No. 1
The most recent, frank ribery against Juventus. After having dribbled 2 players, he tries the lob to buffon. Buffon said in the press : "if ribery score, it's the goal of the year"

Huge miss
Shghal (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
Bayarn was unlucky
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
My heart was in my throat when he made that cut.... We were lucky to be honest
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Buffon was smiling after he missed that, because that even the best keeper in the world couldn't save it. Buffon was lucky he escaped
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
In my opinion, he should have just slided it into the corner instead of chiping it over him...
You're right but sometimes the big players want to go back in history. If everyone just played, the viewer does not have fun! Example: panencka Zidane in the final of the 2006 World Cup...
Liverpool9 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Wow some of these are just harsh amazing plays that lack the final finish.... Great topic
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Rivaldo should have got that to his credit. He did all the work, and he should have been the one celebrating like mad. The fans were ecstatic, it was a great piece of skill btu at least Barcelona actually got the goal. Great player he was, and this is a nice compilation by Haules as well. I think Franboy's post about Ribery's miss was very true because he was exceptional it would have surely been counted as at least one of the big contenders for goal of the season, even if it is quite early
Liverpool9 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yup early or not it was brilliant...
How can you forget about this? It should be one of the most perfect goals ever, but it was now the "almost" goal after a bad refereeing.

Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't understand, where was the game played? Who was the goal against?  Oh, Man Utd at Old Trafford. Fair enough.  Glory, glory.
I didn't mention it because I thought you guys should know it. Spurs v Manchester United few years ago if you guys are not sure
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago

Great pace and cross by Djibril Cisse should be finished
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Whoa!I didn't know cisse was this fast!
What a run from cisse
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
   Gerrard unlucky
The second shot was a beauty
Liverpool's pre-season match against Espanyol? Yeah, Gerrard was unlucky in both attempts there. Would have be a cracker if both would have gone in

Kick4Life - changing lives through football