Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The "unheard Of" Goal Of The Week
3 years ago
Heres 5 for the price of one, and a bright young talent for Liverpool fans to get excited about.

FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Wow he is really talented. It's no wonder liverpool are considering about giving him a chance in the first team
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
What a performance! Our future is bright with this lad in the youth team. Looks like he can play on either side of the pitch and what clinical finishing, it is one thing to skip past a few players and get yourself in good positions but to know where the goal is and how to score is a special quality. King Kenny will be keeping an eye on him I am sure, too bad Luis already has the number 7 kit, this kid looks like a true number 7 and a rightful heir to Kenny's shirt not that I am complaining about Suarez having it haha
Sam (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Olimpo vs Banfield from the Argentine Primera Division......Olimpo's first goal was a proper blast (starting at 20 sec)......

......And if you liked that, you'll like Ecuador's goal against Chile in the South American U-20 championships (proper golazo!):

Lifeguard 3 years ago
Very nice - both of them spectacular strikes
They were both awesome goals. I love it when those south american commentators go crazy after a goal
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
David Villa's just incase you missed it.... I know it is out of place

Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
.... And I was going to post this one as well, lol
3 years ago
You have seen the forum post, you have read the thread, you have understood the concept, and you know this is the wrong place.

But fuck it, you'll post it anyway. There must be literally 10's of football fans, on this football video highlights website that haven't seen this goal, scored by one of the world's most famous players, for one of the world's most famous clubs.

Meh.

Great goal but wrong section
Take it easy NN, the purpose of this thread is to highlight goals that aren't in the top 5 of the footytube starting page. Sure, It's Villa from Barça from the Primera División, but not many saw it because it was in an unspectacular 1-1draw.
Had a bad day?
3 years ago
"I'd like to create a post where fans can share a great goal of the week, but its one that many of us will not see because its in a lesser league than say the EPL, Spanish Primera, etc"

Pretty clear I'd say
I stand by my answer. No need for hostility and this kind of nice thread.    Edit: I edited my reply slightly while you replied to my post
3 years ago
No hostility. Just trying to keep the thread on-topic.    Edit: picture of biscuit removed.
Sorry about causing all the trouble. Perhaps you guys should look into extending the top 5? Perhaps a goals of the week compilation?
This was posted by alucard41 on the Barca chat    
Hah! I was just gonna' post that
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Very nice, is this in Philippines?
Wow what a goal!
I'm not sure if the game was played in the Philippines but the scorer is
Maybe we should start considering some of these as goals of the week
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Yeah - if only all 50, 000+ EPL fans on here didn't vote for any goal that their team scores - barring the Wayne Rooney goal which was indeed the goal of the week
David Villa's didn't even make it on the list and it was quite the goal. That being ignored is pretty bad too imo
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Yeah, i've seen it and it was a good strike, I wonder how Van Persie's made it to the list, it wasn't that spectacular IMO
It was actually a cool goal because of the angle
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Not the one he scored against Barcelona - the one against wolves
Lifeguard 3 years ago
And here's one - starting at 1:20 of the video - in the friendly between Albania and Slovenia

Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
From 30 meters. He took quite a chance
Nice effort its not very easy to score from that range but when you do it looks amazing
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Here's another good goal, especially the buildup to it - Senegal vs Guinea this past week:

Beautiful goal, what passing and touch in the build up
Wow what a goal great build up play
This made me forget about the Senegal of 02.... Almost
Holy F*ck! That was.... Stunning! They made it look like futsal, such good control and flair
I don't really pay attention to the lower leagues but If I do find something good I'll make sure I post it here
Great idea for a thread Lifeguard. Ant and I were discussing creating a similar thread months ago, but we were both too lazy to get it going, haha.
I've stickied this
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Thanks Jeroen, now hopefully people will make use of it
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Que Golazzzzoooo!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Check out anything from the a-league, real fantastic goals
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Easy now boy, easy...
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Post some, and lets see then
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Jeeeeez! And it wasn't even Messi! Brilliant goal!
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Okay, so here's my idea. Each week as many of us know, there is a goal of the week; of high quality, but usually from a well known league. I'd like to create a post where fans can share a great goal of the week, but its one that many of us will not see because its not in the top five or in a lesser league than say the EPL, Spanish Primera, etc. For example: Last week in a game between Venezuela and Peru in the South American Under-20 World Cup qualifying tournament in Peru 2011 - Fourth Round.

What a cracking goal that is great run, sweet strike. I think this is a great idea, the goal of the week has a huge biased but that's the nature of the beast. It amazes me that Vidic was number one, not that great a goal, were as Marchissio strike was sheer genius
Wow? Did that just happen? How much do you wanna bet that Man City signs him?
Sam (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I remember seeing this in one of the highlight shows and wondering why he wasn't passing the ball, and then understanding later after the goal why he didn't pass! A goal he will never forget!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football