Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Rumour Mill
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
The transfer window is in a month, a time where optimistic fans can dream about thier club landing those few key players that will win them the league.

As usual we have the ronaldo-real madird saga, I doubt he will want to go there after liverpool decimated them in the champions, and barcelona embarressed them 2-6. Not to mention he would be in the same league with lionel messi, who would out-shine him but you never know. Who can replace ronaldo? Ribery. But that depends on if ManU can lure him, and that depends on if bayern can find a replacement, and so on and so forth.

Tevez to Tottenham? Tevez has been on loan for two years, and his recent comments suggest that he is unhappy with his situation at old trafford. I think if tottenham are going to bring tevez to white hart lane they are going to need to break the bank, and obviously, get rid of some of its fringe players.

Manchester city is in the tevez race aswell, but they are in every race arent they? Buffon, alonso, rijkaard, kaka, ....

What players are on your clubs radar? Keep your fingers crossed!

Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 5 years ago
Forgot to add eto'o to the man city dream team acquisitions list
Oops
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Dude how did you get part of the staff
Koolomer (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Charlie I have the same question to ask that Ellada10 asked
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Tevez is leaving, Barry to liverpool
Tevez will probably leave. I'd be shocked if he stayed.
Looks like ac milan and liverpool are also interested in him. He just needs to lose joorabchian.
Mohsink (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Tevez to Man City is also possible. That'll be weird
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Ribery to Man you, Ronaldo to Real. They denie the roumours, but it'll happen
I understand ribery going to man utd, provided ronaldo exits. Why? Ribery will be very very expensive. I can't speculate that ronaldo will leave at the end of this season. There's no reason for him to leave at this point. Maybe next year, if the team performs poorly and comes home empty handed
Ronaldo is not leaving this season
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Agreed
Momoali (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Its really hard to see how would GF would let him go. His like the heart beat of the team along with rooney of course lol
Thanks for the insightful comments guys...
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Downing to juve, owen to spurs, benzema to barca, ronaldo to real, ribery to man utd, kaka for life in milan, tevez to man city.... I guess these are possible in Fifa 09
Celtic are interested in owen
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Lampard, Drogba, Essien, and Obi Mikel are interested by Inter but only Drogba and Obi seem like the only likley players who would leave. Mourinho just can't get over his old players

Arsenal are in need of some solid defence and their linked to Lescott, Lucio, Sakho, Zapata, and Gary Cahill.

Oh yeah, do you guys think Barca will really sell Henry off after this season?
Oh, really? Who's interested?  I'm wondering about eto'o
May be man utd for eto'o
I don't think so. SAF doesn't have big spending plans during the transfer season.... But you can't really rely on that, can ya? Haha. Maybe? We are already a bit top heavy in the front line
Adebayor (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Mancity are planning to swoop in for henry...
Man city plan a lot of things, but what really falls through for Man City?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Good thread, here is what i've picked up:

Reported in the Guardian Ancelotti could be going to Chelsea after chairman Berlusconi basically blamed his tactics for losing the title.

According to Spanish paper El Pais a deal has been made for £70 million for Ronaldo to go to Real Madrid. This would not be the first time this story has been reported in the Spanish press.

The Mirror reports if the above does go through then Man Utd will move for Antonio Valencia of Wigan.

Liverpool are rumored to be in a move for Stewart Downing and Tevez
Liverpool could use Downing But Tevez of all places don't go to Anfield
Why lol
May be downing in left, tevez on bench
Ah, stupid real madrid and their stupid rumors. We will agree to a *huge* transfer fee, the moment we no longer require his services. Provided, the player is interested. Real madrid should feel privileged in a sense, to have any type of relationship with us, much less one where their role is a landing pad for our worldclass players leaving old trafford. Sure, we've had previous transfer agreements, but it doesn't permit you steal players from us after repeated declines and documented complaints. I'd still have the same opinion, if it were any other player and we said no.

It's like telling a child he can't have sweets before dinner, then seeing the brat throw a tantrum.

Is there a way to say 'no' in spanish, or is universal?
Jayk81 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Could you honestly see AF letting tevez go to city or Liverpool. Remember when they wanted henize. I think UTD would pay whatever it takes to keep him then seen him to to anfield
Well this time Man UTD can't do anything if Tevez and Liverpool agree on a contract. I think it's because his contract with Man UTD is coming to an end. I'm pretty sure it's because his becoming a free agent I read it on eurosports
I don't think we've heard much rumors from Man City.... How odd? Did they give up or something?
?
Man city hasn't said ridiculous stuff saying like they'll buy villa and silva, kaka, ribery, etc in awhile
David Villa to liverpool how good will that be
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Really Unlikely I think. He won't leave spain in my opionion
Timbo09 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
True but if he went to any prem side it would be Liverpool
May be because he has friends in liverpool
Tevez Is staying in england. I know this becouse he said he has lost his heart to this country. His daughter already talks better english then him and also he's family would hate to leave to another foriegn country.

I would love him to join liverpool. Can you imgagine the combination of Tevez+Torres? I Know it would mean that alonso would have to join the bench again but I think we can take advantage of the full benefits of tevez.

.... Erm A Disadvantage. We Have to sell a player.... Which Sucks. Agger And Babel are favourites to get sold. Agger I don't really mind as we have skyrtel who can perfom.... But I would hate babel to go, espicially as sissoko left to juventus a couple years back and another young star like to leave anfield would be terrible D:
Tevez is staying in england, but I hope he goes to tottenham!
I wouldn't mind seeing him at tottenham. I'd actually look forward to that in the hopes that they play more consistently in league. Although, having him go to l'pool provides an interesting 09-10 season!
Even more interesting than a "big 5" in the 09-10 season?
As far as I know in EPL Big 4 is called because they fight for league title and qualify for champions league, but you say Big 5 it would be good as they fight for title but only 4 qualify for champions league so it would be meaningless to say that
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Supposedly Diego from Werder Bremen has signed with Juventus according to his agent for 25m euros. Quality signing by Juventus if true
Hopefully it aint true
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Its already official, Diego has signed a transfer to Juventus. WOW! Big move! Good choice!
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
I don't get it. I mean, Del Piero is near his end, but Amauri is a STUD
Dali (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Ugh, I would HATE it if Tevez goes to Tottenham. He has too much talent for Tottenham. Sorry if I offend. Liverpool would be better, but I don't see him getting anymore play time there either
What's wrong with spreading out the talent a bit? I agree with your last statement though
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Villa to liverpool?
I think a lot of Valenica players will be leaving the team this year. The team's going through a huge financial crisis. Some players haven't been paid in month on the team right now
I think if any of the players are comin' to liverpool, it would be Raul Albiol, since he isn't that expensive and he's a solid defender
Yeah he'll cost Liverpool around 7million and looks like Liverpool will be getting at least 1 Valencia star on the squad next year.

So where could Liverpool spend that kind of money? Step forward Valencia's David Silva. Valencia are so badly in debt that they may be forced to cash in on their best players during the close season.
The Spanish club owe around £100m and have had to put plans for a new stadium on hold, but with the likes of Silva, David Villa and Raul Albiol in their ranks, a large chunk of that debt could be wiped out with big money summer deals.
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is keen to take Silva to Merseyside and has sent his chief scout to Valencia to table a £15m take-it-or-leave-it offer.
From Eurosports
I heard that rafa's spending limit is £20m
If that's true. That kinda sucks
Sadly.... Sami Hyypia will be leavin Anfield for Bayer Leverkusen after 10 years as a red....
Sob sob sob.... Thank you for everything Sami
Yes. But I agree with the transfer. He needs to play more. He is quality    I Shall Miss him Loads
You shall
Man utd will be happy
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Liverpool will be happy. Don't get me wrong the man is a legend as could be seen from his final game. However, he was at the point where its kind of like keeping the family dog who has failing bowels and can barely stand. Yes, the kids love him but there comes a time you have to take him out to the barn (Bayern) and shoot him. How many own goals in the past season or two? Three? Five?
Hampard8 (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Quite an excellent analogy. I have been looking for a good way to describe Mr. Hyypia
Aussie1991 (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I agree Hampard8,

"he was at the point where its kind of like keeping the family dog who has failing bowels and can barely stand. Yes, the kids love him but there comes a time you have to take him out to the barn (Bayern) and shoot him. "

Brilliant...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football