Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Rumour Mill
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur first team coach Joe Jordan too has been handed a one-match ban following incidents that took place at the UEFA Champions League round of 16 first leg against AC Milan in Italy on February 15
Ribery AND EVRA returns FOR france

Franck Ribery and Patrice Evra have returned to the France national side for the first time since World Cup 2010.

Both Ribery and Evra are back in for Les Bleus after the Federation de Football Francaise suspension for their World Cup walk-out ended in December and have been named by Laurent Blanc in his squad.

Official Confirmation : Schalke 04 have sacked Felix Magath
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
How will this affect their champions league run?
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Spurs to break the bank with 31m bid for llorente from athletic bilbao. Is he even worth that much? Chelsea and Napoli reportedly coming close to an agreement over a 30m deal for Marek Hamsik. After finding out that nani could be on the move it looks like city are going to make a 40m bid for him. Bendtner could be used in a cash+swap deal between arsenal and BVB for subotic
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
So much money going around. Do Chelsea need Hamsik? Chelsea need to consider if they going to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.
I doubt BVB need a Bendter. Rather see Subotic at Chelsea
I can't see Bendtner pulling much weight in a transfer.

Llorente is a great player and is in a great age right now, his technical ability is just great like all top Spanish players. Anyways. If 35 million is Caroll's price, then 31m for Llorente is more than reasonable
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
If Chelsea manage to get Hamsik, I'm sure that it will be a very good investment. The fans won't be disappointed. He's currently one of the best center mids in Europe, the EPL would definitely suit him
Arsenal target real madrid youngster pablo sarabia but Real madrid are determined to hold on to him and will offer him a new contract. Adebayor once again insists he wants to remain with real madrid
Don't see it happening. Lots of talk around him and nothing has continued. Its obvious that he will stay at Real Madrid
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Just months after he signed a new contract he wants to leave? This time united should sell him or he should sort out his problems with SAF. He's already held the club to ransom once and I hope this time that isn't the case
But didn't [C.] Ronaldo renew his contract with the club before he was signed to Real Madrid also? How do this work? Is there a reason for this?
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Probably it makes him more attractive in other clubs' eyes. Why would you spend high on a player that his own club does not want him. With Real, I bet, United acted as if they would never sell Ronaldo. Until the price went up to 80 mil
Juve prepare 20m bid for lennon but spurs say they want to keep him. Liverpool to make 35m(euros) bid for alexis sanchez. Looks like they're serious about getting him
I will hate to see Chelsea play against Sanchez. So, Chelsea should make a higher bid for him
Sam (Juventus) 3 years ago
Hahaha! Lennon? Why not get Crouch while we're at it!
Juve would do better targetting Modric in my opinion His price would be around Lennon's I'd think
I read something about 18m + Drogba for Pato.
Good trade for Chelsea but I do not see why Milan will even consider this deal. Milan got Robinho, Ibra, the new signing guy up top and make sense to let go of Pato. But not let go of Pato and get another striker. Milan should sell Pato for big money and get Kaka back. Kaka behind Ibra and Robinho. This make sense...
Pato would be great for us but it would be sad to see drogs leave
There are cheaper alternatives than Kaka. The money from a Pato sale could go a long way though. Do agree that it doesn't make any sense for Milan to consider taking a past his prime Drogba.

This rumor sounds too blue too be true
Chelsea to target 40m rated Bale. Liverpool want barca younster jeffren suarez
Jeffren is so injury prone that I'm willing to let the youngster go.

He has great potential but just isn't given the playing time to develop like Pedro has
Bale as a left back or left attacking mid? Hm.... I would like to see someone with his pace on the Chelsea squad. But IMO, he's only a decent player with great pace....
Lets just stick with Sanchez and Neymar....
Cole has at least 2 more years still starting at the left back position.
I think you are justified in saying that Bale is a decent player with pace.... Let me add he has a killer left foot too
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
He`s a very good Free-kick taker too! Scored quite a few during his very 1st season with Spurs
RRTV1 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Bayern Munich are in the hunt for a center back after a defensive crisis this season, and Stuttgart's centerback Serdar Tasci looks to fit the bill. The Swabians are currently struggling in the relegation zone, and should a bid for Tasci come in, Stuttgart may find it tough to hold on to their prized assets considering their current situation
Plenty of rumors today:
Gattuso linked with Rangers return. Liverpool set to beat man united and spurs in race to sign 18. 5m Moussa Sissoko. Kaka could snub EPL move for ac milan return. Despite what kaka said city are confident that they can use adebayor to convince madrid to sell kaka. Drogba wants chelsea stay. Liverpool want barca's bojan on loan. Newcastle and spurs chase Brazilian adriano. Man united target gyan of sunderland and modric of spurs. PSG want anelka from chelsea. Marseille interested in kakuta from chelsea. Arensel and juventus will have to fight for 22m rated Busquets. Blackpool's adam could be tempted by spurs offer. And udinese target man united winger valencia
OYECHULO (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
"city are confident that they can use adebayor to convince madrid to sell kaka. "

Lol no, not happening. Adebayor has still failed to impress imo, and I can't see RM keeping him. Especially with Morata moving up next season and Pipita training again
Modric going anywhere would be a great deal but I don't see Modric leaving just yet especially if they retain their champions league spot.

Bojan going on loan isn't bad but Liverpool are too big of a club, getting some EPL experience wouldn't be bad though.

Busquets leaving Camp Nou is not going to happen especially since he signed a new deal this season I highly doubt Pep would let Barca sell him even if it was part of an exchange for Fabregas or something
Man utd to fight chelsea for 22m rated CB subotic. Chelsea to launch shocking 35m bid for sniejder!
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
35M won't do the trick for Sneijder. Seeing as Villa costed 40M I reckon Sneijder will cost about 50
Subotic could play along side Terry and move Luiz to the right side. This can happen but Chelsea will need to sell Bosingwa and Ferriera first. No need for them anymore if they bring in Subotic.
United could use Subotic since Ferdinand seems to always pick up injuries. I would rather have Subotic in Chelsea than play against him. But Chelsea can survive without him.
IF Chelsea brings in Sneijder, they will play a 4-3-1-2. Sneijder behind Drogba or Anelka and Torres. Either Anelka or Drogba will be sold
Inter wouldn't let go of Sneijder if they refused to let go of Maicon
Juventus Top 3 Wishlist:  1) Javier Pastore  2) Giuseppe Rossi  3) Andreas Beck
I'm not sure juventus even have the cash for pastore, they'll probably end up with Rossi
True, but keep in mind, that prior to Calciopoli, Juve were the richest club. They probably still are up there (top 10), but they have lost a lot of money ever since. But I know where you're coming from, they won't sign a player without a bargain. So I'm guessing the same: They'll probably end up signing Rossi, but that itself for a huge price as well
Juve have been pretty bad in the transfer market and have really overpaid for a couple of players.

Rossi and getting Giovinco back (since he is on a co-ownership) would be the best thing to do for Juve imo
Chelsea will refuse to allow sturridge exit. Liverpool to target zhirkov and jose enrique in the summer but will probably offload insua, jovanovic, koncheksy and maybe even glen johnson if they receive a good offer. Spurs target barca youngster bojan krkic. Chelsea want javier pastore as owner roman abramovich would be willing to spend big money on him
Maurizio Zamparini, Palermo chairman, has valued Javier Pastore as a '70 million man'. Pastore is also quite happy in Palermo, and sees himself with the Rosanero for at least another year. Having said that, unless Roman Abramovich is extremely willing, we could quite possibly see him (Pastore) wearing the blue jersey at the Stamford Bridge
If Chelsea really want him they'll get him but I don't think it will require 70M.... Kaka was 'only 65' so no way in hell Pastore is worth the full 70
Newcastle to plan to use cash from caroll sale to boost their attack with a bid for bendtner from Arsenal being lined up. Spurs renew interest in huntelaar as the club could be getting ready to make a 16. 9m bid for the dutch striker currently playing for schalke
Tottenham have a real chance in a bid for Huntelaar. He isn't proving his worth in Schalke, but it still seems Felix Magath is keeping faith in him
He's the topstriker there together with Raul isn't he? Don't see how that's not performing...
7 goals in 22 BuLi games isn't impressive for a striker of his standards. But who knows, maybe next season he will be great.

But you are spot on about Raul. He has scored 11 goals in 24 games, but what is more impressive is his build up play, and his link up with Farfan and Jurado
Raul is a genius and will always be a genius. He knows where the damn goal is and he finds it in style. You're probably right about Huntelaar though, 7 goals isn't that much indeed, figured he scored more actually

Kick4Life - changing lives through football