Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Rumour Mill
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Apr 13, 2011.
Real Madrid chasing highly-rated midfielder Nuri Sahin.

Nuri Sahin could be on his way out of Bundesliga table-toppers Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season as La Liga giants Real Madrid have shown an interest in signing the Turkey international, Bild reports.

The Champions League hopefuls are looking to add a new midfielder to their squad this summer and have previously been linked with Manchester City's Yaya Toure and Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi. However, Madrid have now apparently turned their attention to Sahin instead and the 22-year-old could well join his friend Mesut Oezil at Santiago Bernabeu.

Sahin is a product of the Borussia Dortmund youth academy and has made well over 150 official appearances for BVB so far in his short career. His current contract with Dortmund runs until the summer of 2013, but he has a limited fee release clause of €6 million in his deal with the league leaders.

FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Sahin's a great player, no doubt BVB will try to hold on to him although if Real Madrid come in with a good offer they might have to sell
Chelsea's defeat to Man united in the quarter finals of the Champions league could signal the end of the Chelsea careers of at least 6 senior players at the club. Henrique Hilario, Paulo Ferreira, Florent Malouda, Nicolas Anelka and even player such as Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard could be heading out the exit door in the summer. Owner Roman Abramovich is reportedly planning to reduce the wage bill at Stamford Bridge and make the club more sustainable.

The clearout could generate up to 62m from player sales in the summer. Should this huge clearout take place, the blues could look to strengthen the side by combining youth player promotions to the first team with new summer signings provided that transfer funds are made available to buy players at the end of the season. However Abramoivch put a lot of money into the club's youth academy and wants to see his investment pay off.

Niru (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Chelsea should buy an RW, Sanchez /Make Aguero or Neymar play there.... Bcoz they lack a good RW.... And they need some creativity, so Pato? Or maybe Kaka...
If the Chelsea's clearout plan happens, Abramovitch is gonna' have to be even more patient (for his Champions League Dream), because to build a strong and successfull team, it takes time (1-3 years), but it would be nice to see a new Chelsea Face with fresh new players
The problem is that Roman invested a lot of money into Chelsea's youth system and its only fair that expects something in return from our youth academy. However the blues haven't exactly been able to produce the conveyor belt of youth talents he was expecting. If he does go ahead and complete this takeover without providing money for new signings with the expectation that our youth players will step up and start performing for us then we will struggle to challenge for the league title next season
12 April 2011.

AC Milan want to use Zlatan Ibrahimovic as bait to convince Real Madrid to sell Cristiano Ronaldo. Milan are prepared to sign permanently Ibra from Barcelona and immediately send him to Real in a sensational swap for Ronaldo.
Milan are willing to pay Ronaldo £13.5 million-a-year to move to the San Siro, where Ibra is currently the top earner on £10.7 million-a-year.

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi expressed his frustration with Ibra this week after the striker was sent off for the second time in two games. The Rossoneri must cough up £21.5 million to buy Ibra outright from Barca - and the Spanish champs could refuse to sell if they are convinced the Swede will be facing them in Real Madrid white next season.

Barracuda (Manchester United) 3 years ago
One of the wort rumors LOL
Fabio Coentrao has given up on Barclays Premier League clubs following up their interest in him and is on the verge of joining Bayern Munich.

Benfica’s Portugal defender recently expressed an eagerness to end Liverpool’s search for a left-back and has also been strongly linked with Manchester United and Chelsea. But, one by one, the opportunities seem to have slipped him by. United watched him repeatedly, amid fears Patrice Evra could be lured to Real Madrid at the end of the season, but ditched their interest after the France left-back committed his future to Old Trafford by signing a new long-term contract.

A £20million valuation remains a stumbling block for Bayern, but their desperation for a proven left-back seems certain to lead to a compromise being found. They failed in an attempt to persuade Leighton Baines to uproot from Goodison Park during the January transfer window and have now drawn up a lucrative five-year deal to entice Coentrao from Lisbon.

09 Apr 2011
Quaresma to Liverpool in the Summer.

Damien Commolli has been interested in this lad because of his creative abilities but mostly for his crossing (Andy Carrol link up?). Anyone that has seen Ricky Q lately will admit the man has a midas touch. Jamie Carragher will remember him from his Porto days when they played against each other in the Champions League. There is one problem however, Ricky isn't very young which goes against the clubs policy but should sell on the cheap considering the last time we tried to purchase him. Another problem is his motivation. He didn't fair so well under Mourinho but if Kenny Dalglish is anything short of Godlike I'm sure he can bring the best out of Ricky.
Another pull factor is the fact that the Liverpool contingent is made up of a lot of portuguese speaking players (Meireles is old porto teammate) which should help him settle in quickly not to mention the clubs open policy on creative tattooed players.

Juventus and Liverpool begin talks on whether Aqulani will remain at Juventus on a permanent deal or if he will return back to Anfield. Liverpool hoping to raid Ajax for more talent as Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen are reportedly being targeted by the reds. Spurs ready a 17. 5m bid for Lukaku in the summer. Santos have revealed that they have rejected a 30m bid from chelsea for Neymar. Gareth Bale admits intrest in Real madrid or barcelona move. Arda turan's agent claims that his client is currently in talks with a "top european club" as the turkish midfielder is looking for a move to a bigger club
ARod9 (Sevilla) 3 years ago
Lukaku 4 17. 5m I don't think so
Belgian starlet Steven Defour who was earlier linked with a move 2 Man UTD is now linked with a 10m move 2 Benfica
Rooneys 2 match ban has been upheld, meaning he will miss the FA Cup semi-final vs. Man City
Philippe mexes will join AC Milan in the summer as he has already agreed terms with them. French international Philippe Mexes will be an AC Milan player starting from next season, as reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport this morning.

The newspaper suggests that Mexes has chosen Milan, snubbing interest from Real Madrid, and EPL duo Liverpool and Arsenal. Il Diavolo and Mexes have apparently already agreed on personal terms: Mexes will join on a four-year deal and will earn €4 million per season.

Roma are trying to convince Mexes to renew his contract, but it seems that he has already made up his mind and will join Milan at no cost. Milan were seeking for the heir of Alessandro Nesta in the heart of the defence, and Mexes, who turns 29 in the end of March, is the one, apparently.

Source: Rossoneri Blog

Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I WANT MENEZ!
I`m sure Menez would do a good job at AC MIlan.
Berlusconi wants Ronaldo too!
But, "Ronaldo is not for sale and would be quite reluctant to give up on a multi-million longterm contract with Real Madrid. "
I thought they had agreed the Mexes deal ages ago
Spurs, man city and arsenal all looking to make a bid for Edison cavani. I think spurs are the most likely to get him. Man united are also looking to add to their squad in the summer with a bid being lined up for Jack rodwell. United are also set to make a shock cash + swap offer to sunderland that could see Gyan join united and danny wellbeck stay with the black cats on a permanent deal. Florent Malouda could be set to leave chelsea at the end of the season, however the blues want at least 12m for the Frenchman. Liverpool target wingers Matt Jarvis and Ashley Young as Kenny Dalglish looks to add quality wingers to the side
I think Cavani is fine at Napoli
Agreed. He should be staying at Napoli and experience the Champions League next season
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/901058/shakh...

Looks like a great buy, saw him in the donetsk vs roma 2nd leg and looked good, but we can't activate his clause of 20 mil or so, that's way too much, 15 mil at most
Aquilani OPEN TO liverpool return

Midfielder Alberto Aquilani is willing to return to Liverpool at the end of the season if Juventus do not want to sign him on a permanent deal.

The 26-year-old is on a season-long loan with Juve, having failed to impress in his first season at Anfield after joining from Roma.
Juventus do have the option to purchase Aquilani at the end of the current campaign, but if they do not exercise it, he is happy to go back to Anfield.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "The future? I'm at Juve, but I don't know what will happen.

"I'm on loan and if I'm not retained I'd go back to Liverpool in the best league in the world. We'll see."

Aquilani has also been linked with a move back to Roma, who are on the verge of being bought out by Thomas Di Benedetto, a partner of the company which owns Liverpool.
Asked if he would go back to the capital club, he said: "It is a delicate question. I would do, but I think it will be difficult.

"As a fan I'm curious to see what happens, especially if they begin to buy players and to revolutionise the team."

Jointheazkals (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'd say Liverpool take back Alberto, he could be the kind of player we need for next season.
I think he's got excellent vision and can control the ball very well
Jointheazkals (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'd say Liverpool take back Alberto, he could be the kind of player we need for next season.
I think he's got excellent vision and can control the ball very well
Neymar set to stay at Santos! Talks between david dgea and man utd have been confirmed as the red devils search for a new keeper. Price tag on romelu lukaku raised to 25m with a number of big clubs looking to sign the young Belgian starlet. Bolton tell Arsenal 20m for cahil or no deal
Lukaku price now 30m+
No shortage of rumors today
Arsenal plot a summer clear out of unwanted players such as Denilson and Eboue. Spurs target wes brown. Arsenal renew interest in Pepe Reina. Man united and liverpool to fight for out of contract defender Mexes from Roma and Gary cahill from bolton. Liverpool also have birmingham defender Scott Dann as a backup target. Neuer turns down man united and has expressed his desire to stay in Germany.

Andrea Pirlo could leave ac milan on a free transfer this season with chelsea and city rumored to offer him a contract in the summer window. Barca appear to be winning the race against city to sign Juan vargas. Arsenal look unlikely to sign Stefan de Vrij anytime soon after the Dutch youngster admitted he had a huge desire to play for barcelona. If the reina deal doesn't work our arsenal could make a shock bid for buffon. Asheley young and Gabriel Agbonlahor could be heading out the exit door of aston villa as the players have not taken a liking to manager Gerrard Houllier's strict regime. Wonderkid Connor Wickham wants Ipswich stay to help his side achieve promotion
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Finally Arsenal are looking at a new GK. Pretty sure everyone is tired of all of the excuses and blame put on Almunia.

Pretty surprised about Neuer. If he is out of the picture who is left for Man United? Stekelenberg, Lloris, De Gea, Akinfeev? Or just stick with that youth player they bought this past season
Andrea Pirlo could leave Milan? Where in the world did you get the info?
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Well his contract ends at the end of the season and Milan don't look very keen on renewing
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
If Pirlo comes in to Chelsea, how will the mid field line up?
I doubt they will actually end up with him. He's getting old and even if he's free I don't think chelsea will get him
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I doubt they'd go someone as expensive as Reina, besides Tex looks like he is doing fine. But If wenger was interested in loosening his pockets a tiny bit for A GK, then I'd say Mark Schwarzer or Shay Given
Wenger AND nasri given ONE match BANS BY UEFA

“Arsenal FC manager Arsène Wenger and midfield player Samir Nasri have both been suspended for one UEFA club competition match following charges of improper conduct relating to the English team’s UEFA Champions League game against FC Barcelona in Spain on 8 March. The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body today decided to suspend Wenger and Nasri for one European match each, with the punishment applying to the next UEFA club game for which either man will be eligible. The Arsenal manager has also been fined €10,000. UEFA had opened disciplinary proceedings against the pair following the north London side’s round of 16 second leg in Barcelona. An appeal may be lodged against the ruling within three days of the dispatch of the reasoned decision.”

Not exactly a transfer rumor but there is no reason they should get banned. Has the freedom of speech been taken away from football now?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football