Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Rumour Mill
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Sahin to Madrid for 9m. Isn't 9m a bargain for Madrid?
Sam (Juventus) 2 years ago
Why go there only to sit on the bench?
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
God I hate Real.... They just buy and buy and keep failing. When are they going to realize they are ruining players and not achieving anything in the process. Greedy morons. I also hate the fact that team like Borussia sell half of their teams even though they got into champions league and have a huge support (wouldn't be surprised if Porto sell Falcao, Hulk, etc.)
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
I`m very curious about which players Real Madrid are going to sign this summer. Obviously the club`s objective is to be successful both in La Liga and In Europe. However, you cannot build a successful team/squad within a short period of time, it may take 2-3 years to build-up a very strong side that could really dominate and compete against the other Best Teams.
Real Madrid haven`t done that bad this season, they are a strong team, but the problem is that there is a better team at the moment.... Since the 5-0 loss against Barca, the merengue managed to respond and compete against them. Although, they only won 1 game out of the 4 classicos, the improvement and potential to exploit the quality of the team to its maximum is definitely there. Real Madrid should build their team around their key players. (Di Maria, Higuain, Ronaldo, Marcelo, Xavi Alonso, Kaka, Pepe-Carvalho, Casillas).
Out of the possible new signings, I personally think Sahin would fit in the team should he leaves Dortmund, even if the competition is strong in the midfield it`d be interesting
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@Markodon: I feel the same way, if Dortmund sell their stars that helped them reach 1st in the German league then I doubt they will be able to defend their title next year
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Yeh, it makes me sad, I was anxious to see Dortmund in champions league, it's such a bright young team, but without Sahin they're not the same team anymore.

@Zlatan: you say they haven't done bad? Dude, they spent hundred of millions of euros (most of it from bank loans, they don't even have the money), buying a ridiculous amount of players. Do they really need Sahin? They have Ozil, Ronaldo, Kaka, Canales, Granero, etc. Why not use their talents instead of just buying any player that crosses their mind
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
27 April 2011.
Robben is willing to stay at Bayern, in spite of speculations about leaving the club at the end of the season.

"I intend to be honest towards the supporters of the club. It's a fact that I have never thought about moving on from Bayern Munich. "

Interesting stuff.... Will he keep his words?
Personally, I`m not seeing him playing for another club than Bayern. Robben has been awesome and consistent during the past few years, I guess stability is quite important, considering this situation
Mackiznay (Manchester City) 2 years ago
I am crushed if Tevez goes to Inter. Why would he want to do that!?!?!?!? Move to a shittier league onto a team already overflowing with talent. He isn't really needed there. He can be a hero in Manchester or follow behind Eto'o for everthing. I love Tevez, but Eto'o will outplay him.

City has talent but we need the hero in Tevez
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger could receive up to 40m in transfer funds at the end of the season. The summer transfer window could prove to be a very busy one for the Gunners espcially if they end their sixth season in a row without a trophy. The funds provided by new owner Stan Kroenke will cover transfer fees as well of wages however Arsenal will add any money they receive from player sales in the transfer window.

Wengner will look to solve his defensive problems in the summer and players such as Bolton's Gary Cahill and wonderkid Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Gael Clichy could be leaving as contract talks with the clubs have not gone very well. However it appears that Wenger will rely on youngster Kieron Gibbs to fill his slot in the first team next season
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
There's a bit of a tug-of-war over Gary Cahill of late - apparently Liverpool's interested in the kid, and I think Man United and Tottenham are too. He's a great young defender, and would be an asset for any team. Will be interesting as to see where he's at next season, be it still at Bolton or elsewhere
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
£52 million is not enough.
Palermo president raises valuation of Real Madrid and Barcelona target Javier Pastore. The Argentine playmaker was in scintillating form against AC Milan in midweek, so much that his club has increased the required fee to prise him away from Serie A side.

"Pastore is worth from €60 million [£52.85 million] going upwards"

Lol, that's more than torres. No club on earth would be stupid enough to pay that amount. Why not sell him for 30-40m before he decides to leave himself?
Inter Milan could be planning a 65m double swoop Tottenham Hotspurs players Gareth Bale and Luka Modric. The reigning Serie A champions look to rebuild their ageing squad during the summer window and see the duo as ideal signings. Manager Leonardo has been a long time admirer of both talents was very impressed by what he saw from them in the Champions League. The Italian club believe that they could have a realistic chance of signing Bale and Modric should Spurs fail to qualify 4th. Spurs manager Harry Redknaap doesn't want to sell any of his stars in the summer however club chairman Daniel Levy has already said that the club will have to reduce the wage bill in the summer should Spurs fail to qualify for the Champions League next season. Bale has admitted in the past that he has been tempted to leave the club although he insists that he is happy at White Hart Lane. Modric has expressed his desire to stay with the London club however Inter could lure both players to join for the Champions League football next season should Spurs fail to qualify for it.

BigD123 (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 3 years ago
I will let you in to a little secret bale will be staying in england for a good few years yet I think if he does go from spurs it will be to Man UTD as its not a london club and fergie has already shown an intrest and spurs and Man UTD have good trade relations. But I personally feel he will stay cause harry will ask him to - unless the deal is lucractive
Messsssssssssi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I really doubt bale will be leaving england.... English footballers or even any footballer from the UK dream of playing in the EPL. EPL is arguably the most prestigious and leaving it to go plan in italy (even though inter are a great team) wouldnt make much sense. Theres a reason you can count the number of English players in Serie A on your hand
Liverpool plan to strengthen their defence in the summer with Birmingham's Roger Johnson being one of manager Kenny Dalglish's targets to sign at the end of the season. After an impressive season which resulted in a call up to the England provisional squad, Birmingham could find it difficult to hold on to him and with only one year remaining on the 27 year old's contract they may have to sell him this summer if they want to see a profit off the 5m they spent to sign him from Cardiff in 2009.

The Reds are also linked with Wolfsburg's 21 year old Danish defender Simon Kjaer. Kjaer joined the German side hoping that the club would follow up on the title that they won in the 2009 season however with the club currently in 16th place it looks likely that he may need to move elsewhere to win silverware. However neither of them will come cheap as Liverpool may need to fork out more than 16m to secure either of these signings.

Niru (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Liverpool want to buy Hugo Lloris since Pepe Reina might go to Manchester United
ARod9 (Sevilla) 3 years ago
Arturo Vidal wants to follow Jepp Heynckes to Bayern in the summer but bayer leverkusen sporting director rudi voller does not want arturo to go
Arsenal have tabled a £13m bid for highly-rated Paris Saint-Germain defender Mamadou Sakho.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has long been an admirer of the French international and has now made his move. But the French giants have reportedly rejected Arsenal's offer and are holding out for closer to £17.5m.

And Arsenal look set to face competition from Liverpool for the 21-year-old centre back's signature with Kenny Dalglish also set to strike. Sakho recently extended his contract until 2014 but could be sold if PSG fail to qualify for the Champions League.

He is a product of the PSG youth academy, which also produced Nicolas Anelka, and made his France debut against England last November.

Arsenal want him to? They could actually do with a good defensive signing in the summer
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I reckon wengers raping england of all its money and sending it to france, he's trying to clean us out.... Lol
Lol, maybe Wenger is doing a good deed. Too much money revolves around the PL anyway
BigD123 (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 3 years ago
Who would have thought wenger interested in a french player, that's not like him. Mind you nearly all of his signings come up trumps
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Nuri Sahin (BVB Dortmund) possible going to Real Madrid who will make use of his 6m buy-out clause.

I'd be very disappointed if he did leave, especially for the apple and an egg that is 6m. He's worth 25. On his chances to make it to the first team of Real: I think he will make it to Real's first squad, depending on what strategy they use: either as an Alonso replacement, or even with Alonso as a fellow CM playmaker. I consider Nuri as good as Xabi Alonso, and much less of a prick, haha.

Also: apparently Sahin and Özil know eachother pretty well and get on well too, so they might form a Xavi-Iniesta like partnership
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
He went off injured at the weekend, I don't know how bad it is, or what it is, but he had a massive ice pack taped to his leg
Bayern confident on securing Neuer

Bayern Munich executives on Monday gave the strongest hints yet that Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer will soon be moving from Schalke O4 to the Bundesliga giants.

"There is a clear tendency," Bayern's director of sport Christian Nerlinger told the Sueddeutsche Zeitung daily. "Now it's just a question of how quickly we can find a solution."
Club president Uli Hoeness, meanwhile, was reported by several newspapers as having difficulty hiding his optimism that the 25-year-old Neuer will soon be in a Bayern strip.

"I know what his decision is. We will have to see what happens," he said.
Neuer said on Saturday he has decided where his future lies – but refused to say where.
"A decision has been taken. People who need to know, know. So everything is cleared up," he said.

His contract at Schalke runs until 2012 and unless he signs an extension, the Royal Blues will need to sell him soon or risk losing him on a free transfer in a year's time.
Bayern have struggled to find a suitable replacement since ex-Germany captain Oliver Kahn retired in 2008 and the Munich giants are reported to be ready to pay 20 million euros ($28.8 million) for Germany's first-choice goalkeeper.

German daily Bild claimed last week that Schalke are set to offer Neuer a bumper contract worth 21 million euros over the next three years, but the club have since denied that. Neuer has also been linked to Premier League giants Manchester United, with their Dutch goalkeeper Edwin van der Saar retiring at the end of the season.

Schalke, fresh from seeing off holders Inter Milan, face Sir Alex Ferguson's side in the semifinals of the Champions League on April 26, with the return leg at Old Trafford on May 4.

Arsenal could look to sign FC Porto's Radamel Falcao. Arsene Wenger is looking to strengthen his forward line in the summer and could be tempted to make a bid for the 25 year old striker who has found the net 10 times in the Europa League and 12 times in the Portuguese domestic league this season. However FC Porto will not sell Falcao if Arsenal fail to meet their 15m valuation of him and the Columbia international has revealed that he is keen to stay should his side qualify for the UEFA Champions League next season. With the Gunners also reportedly planning a summer clearout of players that could include the likes of Nicklas Bendtner, Emmanuel Eboue, Tomas Rosicky and even Gael Clichy, Wenger could use the money from his summer sales to fund the new signings for the club in an effort to make and even better title challenge next season. Against the likes of Manchester United and big spending Chelsea and Manchester city.

Radamel Falcao is a beast, a pure goal scorer. If Gunners manage to sign in, that would definitely be a good deal, no doubt about it
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hulk has everything Falcao has and more. Too bad he's so much more expensive; he'd be great at Arsenal. Great skill, amazing pace, strength, balance and even agility, and he's a clever player that is totally selfless: he always looks for the best option and finds it and I've never seen him go for goal when he clearly had to pass.

Stats this year:
Europa League: 12 games, 4 goals, 5 assists
Portuguese league: 25 games, 22 goals, 15 assists
Well apparently Hulk's buyout clause was too much for the Gunners to pay
Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves could make the switch from the EPL to the MLS in the summer. Canadian sides Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC(in the MLS). Given the fact that Hargreaves has been ruled out with injury for the rest of the season, it looks unlikely that United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will renew his contract when it expires at the end of the season.

Hargreaves joined Manchester United from Bayern Munich for 17m in 2007 and helped them to a Premiership and Champions league double in his first season however he has only made one start in the EPL since August 2008 due to several injuries problems he suffered over the past 3 years.

Liverpool could make a bid for Mamadou Sakho from PSG should they fail to sign Gary Cahill from Bolton in the summer transfer window. Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is aware of Bolton's 20m price tag on Gary Cahil and the Red's manager sees 21 year old Sakho as a better alternative as Dalglish pushes for a huge improvement in the youth structure at the club. However Liverpool could face competition for Sakho's signing from Manchester city as Roberto Mancini looks to add yet another signing to the squad. Daliglish is also targeting a number of other players with Aston Villa's Asheley Young, Blackpool's Charlie Adam and Ipswich wonderkid Connor Wickham among the names that the Liverpool manager may look to sign. Source Daily Mail

He has already extended his contract with PSG until 2014, back in march.

"psg and France defender Mamadou Sakho signed a 12-month extension to his current contract and is now tied to the capital club until 2014. "

I reckon the premiership will suit him, in the years coming, I`m not seeing him playing in la Liga of Seria A, unless a serious offer comes in

Well we all know how important a contract is really considered nowadays . Anyway, I think he's a great young defender and could do a great job at Liverpool

Kick4Life - changing lives through football