Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Rumour Mill
Peteko 3 years ago
Mihajlovic to manage Inter?

Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Guus hiddink I heard
Peteko 3 years ago
Barça are close to completing the signing of Alexis Sánchez from Udinese for €28m while the agent of the Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi said the Catalan club have had a bid of €27m for the player turned down.
(The Guardian)
Where the hell are they gonna' play all these players? , they need to sell a few
Plus if they only have a £35m war chest, they won't be able to afford fabregas after forking out for this sanchez lad
Peteko 3 years ago
Not to mention their continuing interest in Cesc...
Adamaus (Manchester United) 3 years ago
They obviously want to stay at the lvl they are at now for as long as possible, buying relavtivley young players to replace the those that are getting older
I can see david villa leaving as part of of a player/cash deal, maybe that's how they will make up the shortfall of cash
Jimmyjack (Schalke 04) 3 years ago
Ruud gullet should come and manage birmingham
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Link: www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham...

Many quotes are being thrown around, hopefully they're true! He is just waht we need!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Newcastle interested in signing Swiss international Tranquilo Barnetta for €6 million. Barnetta wants to leave Bayer Leverkusen
Ruud gullet sacked from his managerial job in russia
Jerome Boateng could be joining Bayern Munchen. He`s keen on moving to Bayern and getting the chance to finally play as a CB. There is an agreement between the player and the club for a 4-year contract, but now it`s down to City to negociate with Bayern on good terms and seal the transfer
ARod9 (Sevilla) 3 years ago
Jordan Henderson to liverpool estimated 20m, neur deal completed has signed a 5 year contract with bavarian club bayern munich, phil jones set for manchester united and kagawa is keen to a move to Old Trafford
AC. Milan targeting Hamsik.

Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik is pleased with the growing number of rumours linking him with a move to AC Milan, but maintains his current club will have the final say over his future.
Italian reports have pictured the 23-year-old as a €30 million target for the champions, who have released playmaker Andrea Pirlo.

Gattuso's one angry little man
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hamsik is the punk-rocker of Serie A
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Each time i've seen hamsik play he was very ordinary, 30 millions seems a lot for him
Peteko 3 years ago
Why didn't this photo make it to the captions thread?
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Liverpool and Spurs set to fight for Aston Villa keeper Freidel. The 39 year old's contract will expire in the summer which will allow him to transfer to any club for free. Villa are keen to hold on to the American who is set to announce his decision next week.
I don't know why Liverpool want him unless he's for a back up but for Spurs I could understand.

Sky Sports
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I'm not suprised with the speculation for Spurs. Freidel is a consistent goalkeeper with no nonsense. Something Spurs could really use
I don't know why he should go it's not like he's going to get any playing time
Pedrosanchez (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I have no idea what Harry Redknapp was thinking here, signed another gk who seems just not good enough for a top 4 club, if he's aiming to improve the club this transfer season this seems like a foolish signing. Too old. Used to be very good. But really, why would any club need 3 average keepers? Wasnt 2 enough?
Werewolf (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Mancini wants Ibrahimovic

Link: www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6926554,00.h...

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini could attempt to sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic this summer as he builds a squad for the UEFA Champions League.

Ibrahimovic is currently on loan at Serie A champions AC Milan from Barcelona and the Swede has said he wants to stay at the San Siro, but a City bid of around £20million could change the situation.

That could be interesting (if tevez leaves), I`m quite surprised with the £20m bid considering Ibrahimovic`s good season at Ac. Milan and his actual price tag.
Technically, if he joins City, he`ll surely bring some more firepower. The EPL would perfectly suit Ibra
Looks like Tevez will be on the move and unless Dzeko and Balotelli step up City may have to sign another "top class" striker
Ibra says he's going nowhere, that's the latest
20 mill they were going to offer him half a mil a week at one point  
Man United are set to make Dutch keeper Maarten Stekelenburg their next target in the summer transfer window. The Red devils are looking to find a replacement for current goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar who will retire at the end of the season and they see Stekelenburg as a good option for a 1st choice keeper next season after their original number one target, Schalke's Manuel Neuer made it clear that he wouldn't be joining united in the summer. However Ajax want to hold on to their number one keeper and it looks like Man united may have to pay more than 15m to secure his services.

Source: Mirror Football
Good signing for United. Stekelenburg is a very good keeper, composed, safe and strong mentally. I like the influence he has on his defenders as well as his determination. A pure product of Ajax youth system who had a very good World Cup 2010 with Holland.
I`m sure he`ll do great at United
Experienced centre-back Juan faces an exit from Serie A side Roma at the end of the season as Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich have reignited their interest in signing the defender, Bild reports.

Borussia Dortmund will confirm the sale of Nuri Sahin to Real Madrid on Monday, according to German source Ruhr Nachrichten.

The German-born Turkish international has a clause in his contract stipulating that he can leave Signal Iduna Park for €10 million if he moves outwith Germany.

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/05/07/2...

Well looks like all the speculation over his future is over. I hope he does well will Real Madrid and become one of their successful signings
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Isn't 10m kinda cheap?
Sahin is going to be a good signing for Real Madrid, this season he has been excellent with Borussia, he definitely has the potential to succeed at Madrid
ARod9 (Sevilla) 3 years ago
He will do nothing at real, just sit on the bench
UgoDroPiero (Juventus) 3 years ago
Yeah, hopefully we can see him play.... ...
Real Madrid set to sign Espanyol's Jose Callejon.
Highly rated winger Jose Callejon could be on his way out of La Liga outfit Espanyol at the end of the season as Spanish powerhouse Real Madrid have shown a serious interest in signing the winger.

The Whites are already planning for the next campaign, and head coach Jose Mourinho is eager to add some more depth to this front-line this summer.

The 24-year-old Callejon is reportedly Madrid's primary objective on the summer transfer market and the Santiago Bernabeu side are believed to already have held talks with both Espanyol and Callejon. Madrid are willing to pay a fee in the region of €5 million for the versatile attacker and the deal could be completed by the end of this month.

Callejon is a product of the Real Madrid youth academy, but he never managed to secure regular first team action at Madrid. Therefore, he opted to leave the club for Espanyol in 2008. A return to his boyhood club now seems to be on the cards as Callejon has impressed Madrid with good performances for the Catalans.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football