Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Most Overrated Midfielder In The World
Lukas (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I would have to say steven gerrard is very overrated so is ronaldo who do you think is overrated
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Steven gerrard? What make you think like that?!Stevie G is the Liverpool's heart!
Chriskelly (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Steven gerrard is not as good as he was
Chriskelly (Manchester United) 5 years ago
But he was good...
Keong (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I doubt it.... How many games did he missed tis season? I noted tat lampard also out of form at the moment.... Can't see him scoring much as he did.... That will be a major blow for england if gerrard and lampard unhealthy...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Dude you nuts. Both gerrard and ronaldo are doing very well. Whats says they are over rated
Cos no player should be worth 100m and everyone ses gerrard is the best midfielder in the premiership and he's not
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Boy that really convinces me You're crazy Lukas
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
LOL lukas, look at liverpool when he is injured or not playing. Do you see the difference?
G. Mendieta.... Once valencia captain marvel then big money transfer to lazio then boro and now dunno where dy...
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I have to say steven gerrard. I know liverpool fans will hate me for that but honestly, he's just not as good as he once was, though so many seem to think that he is. He was great, no doubt, and he still is great, but I just don't think he's AS great as many make him out to be
Aliko (Barcelona) 5 years ago
This is just your opinion!
Gerrard is injured, when he's fully fit, he'll be 1 of the best midfielder in the world, no doubt!
Tony (footytube staff) 5 years ago
Its a toss up between sebastian veron, and eric djemba djemba.... Take your pick
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Veron.... Djemba djemba's name keeps him from being the worst
Tony (footytube staff) 5 years ago
So bad they named him twice.... Lol
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Lol can't believe people saying gerrard over rated, I hate saying this but he is awesome. He is good at everything, passing, defending, attacking, work rate, crossing etc....

I think Walcott is terribly overrated and way to inconsistent for my liking.
Ltm017 5 years ago
Yeah I don't think he is overrated at all. When gerrard is on.... He changes a lot of things
Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Evev I feel the same. I don't know why many are saying that he is overrated.
He can defend, Tackle, pass, score and everything. He makes a great impact to the team when he is playing. He is a great leader too
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
If you wanna talk about overrated, I would say Barry. Barry was an impact player back at Villa, and now what? I know Man City have a problem because their just loaded with money and don't seem to bring in the best players as they should. However I simply thought wherever Barry went, he'd make a big impact. Thank god he isn't on Liverpool, but hopefully God could help Liverpool out...
Juno (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
First on my list is definitely Cristiano Ronaldo, he's got the tricks but he use it only for showboating and falls ever so easily and is a cry baby. He is also very injury-prone, just because he solo-ed some goals and score some sensational free kicks and scores a lot of goals from the winger position he is the best. God there's so many of these players like Messi and such and some of the people just like Ronaldo, I don't understand why.

Anyhow, anyway, it's gotta' be Anderson, he is an attacking midfield and he only scored one goal in his whole United career which is 2 years? 2 years 1 goal? I mean the beach ball already scored on his debut game by cleverly drifting the shot, and ya beach ball is never offside, Anderson will. He scored 1 in 49 games. Beach ball scored 1 in 1 game. His goal is nominated GOTW whilst Anderson? I don't even think he has a vote.

Ando is still young my fren.... Remembered zizou? He's at his peak around 28 I think? So, ando need time...
Ltm017 5 years ago
Omgoodess that was funny.... Even the beach ball scored on his debut! Anyway I think he just needs time and a chance
YDDUB (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Anderson never gets to play as an attacking midfield though does he?
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
David Beckham always has been and he always will be. So will Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard. All English there for me. Oh can't forget see Ronaldo.

The Brazilian (I prefer to call him that rather than the "fat" one) Ronaldo is way, way under-rated
Crouch is a forward player!
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Oh yeah Lol better change that heehee! I got too caught up in the topic that I lost track of the subject!
Hehe no problem
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Again congrats yogan for calling him 'brazilian Ronaldo' rather than 'fat ronaldo'!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
How is Ronaldo Luiz (the real one) underrated? Everyone that's old enough to have seen him play knows, not just thinks, but actually knows, that he is the best striker of the 90's. And there were a lot of great strikers back then
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
MIchael Carrick in my opinion is the most uverrated midfielder in the world...
How bout van der vaart? Lol
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I think that Gattuso and Lass
They are underrated my friend. Most defensive midfields are underrated, especially such a hard tackler like Gattuso, that's what every team needs, shame that he doesn't get included in the Milan XI anymore, Lass is another hardworking guy, a good tackler too
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
My friend I just think that they are overrated everybody use to be like OMG gattuso is the best dm or that he is great but for me he isn't, he just destroy the game of the other team a dm should at least have some sence of passing in my opinion yes he puts his soul into the game but that's no enough and Lass is a good tackler and runs a lot but he is not what a madrid newspaper are trying to sell us comparing him to Essien, plus he only can make short passes

They are good but no stars or anything like that
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Lucas is the most overrated, the fact that he is even on Liverpool is overrated. I simply don't understand why anybody believed Liverpool needed him. When he plays its like Liverpool plays 10 against 11. He just cancels himself out.

P. S. 1. Steven gerrard is not overrated just look at his track record.
2. Beckahm may focus more of his life on being a celeb but he is not overrated. Even at his old age, he went to AC for couple months and changed things around
Lucas is not overrated.... Everyone knows he's crap
Nobody said that Lucas is a world class player!
Only the fat Spanish rate him so high, I don't see any fans rating him high at all
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Lol, I never care to look at lucas when he's on the pitch. Never think that he's a big player...
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Frank Ribery:Am sorry but he's not that great any more.
David Beckham:I have always found this guy overrated.
Kaka:He was in the top 20 Football players. Am sorry he doesn't deserve to be there. And he has been sucking for the last 2 years
Most midfielders listed here are either old, so of course they're not as good as before, or had a few great seasons, then diminished. Gaizka Mendieta was mentioned, but he was really great in his Valencia days. Same could be said about Gerrard: he's been one of the best for a long time, but this season he's struggling and looking to find back his old form.
However, that doesn't make a player overrated IMO. Mendieta used to be one of the best, like Xavi is now, Gerrard still has the capacity to be one of the best, but he needs to be 100% fit and have a more or less decent team around him
A midfielder that is actually overrated is Ribéry IMHO. He's obviously got class, but he's on the same level as David Silva or Juan Mata for example. And even though they're undoubtedly very good, better than the players they play against, they're not world class.
Ribéry is always mentioned as one of the great players of our days, but he's good at best
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I would agree. Probably because he isn't in a bigger league and we couldn't really differentiate the levels between him and others in the big league like Spain. He's really a big fish in a smaller pool. Arjen Robben went Germany and instantly become the best players there. Awaiting Barca, Madrid or Manchester Clubs to buy him and see how he'll do there...
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
So many names come to my mind- mostly b/c they just aren't performing to their name anymore. They were big named players, but not anymore--recently- kaka, gerrard, lampard. I could rank them top 10 players last year, but this year.... Not top ten. So, I'm just mostly saying that these players aren't playing to their name anymore. There's probably other players I could think of too.... But don't want to think too much righ tnow. Ronaldinho's named just popped in my mind, but he's really not over rated- since people now don't rate him that high anymore and he's really not. Though, still my favorite player to watch

Kick4Life - changing lives through football