Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Big 4 Shift
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I'm thinking this season will be the season where the big four is changed. Just like teams of the past it is possible for a shift. Everton new castele and blackburn were at one point all big 4 contenders. I feel that this season there will be a change. My prediction is Manchester United and Liverpool Will be kicked form the big 4 leaving room for tottenham and Man City to creep up there. I not trying to star a fuss, there something about this season which seems funny to me. You don't have to agree just tell me how you feel about It. Discuss
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I think there will be a big 6 now. Hopefully because that would make the Epl much better and certainly the best league in the world
I still believe that the best league is the world is the league that wins champions league. But your point is solid as well
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Its not justified what you are saying? We can't decide which league is best only who wins champions league, by this we get to know that the best team is one which wins champions league
Dempsey (Fulham) 4 years ago
Haha but a league doesn't win the Champions League. The best team does. When considering the best league you should take into account the entire league. Top to bottom the EPL is best by far
Haha you beat me to it by 3 seconds Ragarsha
That how the competition is going to be this season in the EPL haha Lol
It not possible to decide the fate of the league in the opening rounds itself, City and spurs will be very competitive but they need to keep up their form last season Villa was in the top 4 for a long time and after a couple of bad games they are gone, I think the title is wide open and we can expect a surprise
True ragarsha. And as I said above that's what I'm sensing. Not necessarily in that order that I put but a surprise
If there is a big six who would be in it besides the big four? Everton, Aston Villa, Man City, or Tottenham
Cough Fulham cough
Lol okay fullham too
PepeLePew (Bordeaux) 4 years ago
It would be great to see a side like Hull City or Wigan come up and claim a spot. I am tired of the Arsenals, Evertons, Aston Villas, & all the normal "top" sides. Mix it up a bit! Add a little spice!
I'm sure the teams themselves are more frustrated then the fans about there being the same big four which is why they are only going to push harder as time goes by or end up giving up
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I don't agree with that United and Liverpool will both drop out in the one season, maybe one this season and another in a season or two. And that's going along with the idea that things will change!

But the EPL has deffinatly been turned on its head with clubs like tottenham, man city etc.... Buying a lot of quality players and really pushing to improve their spots
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Burnley to win it all this season! Lol
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't think any of them will get kicked out, I just expect the birth of "the Big 6", where Tottenham and City follow up from the usual big 4...
Yic0ng (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Its shifting. Liverfool is out. Mac see UP !
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
We'll see, it's just 3 weeks in, can't tell yet...
Words never lie. Now you see that I was right all along . I'm a footballer and have been watching for years. Now my predictions are becoming a reality. When I say something believe me
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Liverpool will make it
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Its more than a possiblilty. Especially with the new financial backing at manchester city. I don't believe in a top 6 honestly though. There may be a few years in which that fourth place gets changed up but after those couple of years only one team will settle in using that wealth from the champions league. This is why it is so important for liverpool to keep that top four spot. They lose it once, and they may never get it back

Kick4Life - changing lives through football