Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Best Current Players In The World
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_FIFA_World_Player_of_th...

You will see all of them discuss who should be where.

What is your order? How would you want it to look?
Ltm017 5 years ago
Wow smart guy.... You had to go to wiki huh?

I think they have good players but the order is just messed up. Thank goodness its just opinions
Syraph (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
My top ten:

1. Kaka'
2. Cristiano ronaldo
3. Lionel messi
4. Frank ribery
5. Xavi
6. Fernando torres
7. Iker casillas
8. Steven gerrard
9. Zlatan ibrahimovic
10. David villa
Good list I think that's what its going to be next year
Giorgakis (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Ronaldo should be first he is way better than KAKA
Cristiano9rocks (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
1. Cristiano ronaldo
2. Kaka
3. Lionel messi
4. Frank ribery
5. Xavi
6. Fernando torres
7. Iker casillas
8. Steven gerrard
9. Zlatan ibrahimovic
10. David villa
Calm down kaka got player of the year too a year behind ronaldo giorgakis ! Don't get your panties in a bunch!
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Stevie should be higher on that list, he had a great season
Who should he be above?
Above casillas for sure, and villa should be above casillas as well
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I Believe Cassias is worth more than villa
Thank you ramos ! People only caring about outfield players what children on footytube!
That's a bit harsh
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
1. [C.] Ronaldo
2. Messi
3. Kaka
4. Ribery
5. Gerrard
6. Torres
7. Xavi
8. Rooney
9. Vidic
10. Casillas
Very well done, but I think Fabregas should be in there somewhere maybe above casillas
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I would have to say Torres above Ribery but below Gerrard.... Otherwise, I agree
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Were iniesta
To address these issues, Gio, Fabregas isn't in my top ten but in my world XI squad.

John, I mostly couldn't decide they haven't played togther, so I just kinda followed what some other people said for that.

Pocket, Iniesta? He doesn't make the cut, end of story
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Where are you Rooney?! Not even in your own list?
Yes he is #8!
I edited it
Ltm017 5 years ago
How the heck did Fabregas and Ballack get before Ribery? And Villa and Iniesta are tied? I don't see any of this. This is just a popularity contest I guess
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
1. Messi
2. Gerrard
3. Torres
4. Eto'o
5. Henry
6. Kaka'
7. Ronaldo
8. Villa
9. Cassilas
10. Ineista
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
1. Messi
2. Iniesta
3. Kaka
4. Ronaldo
5. Ribery
6. Xavi
7. Villa
8. Torres
9. Arshavin
10. Casillas
What no gerrard?
This one is worthless...
If you put gerrard in them I guess its the best
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Don't believe Gerrard offers anything more than the players I mentioned. He comes up with big goals and offers leadership but don't believe he has a great passing range and doesn't track back as often as he should.

It's a top players list. You can't put in all the best players in the world. It's my opinion anyways
Wahh? Seriousley. You put Ashavin, Kaka And Cassias in and no gerrard. Truly Disgusting
ZidaneTheLagend (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Hahahaahah is he trying to make jokes
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
1. Ronaldo
2. Messi (even though I hate him)
3. Kaka
4. Ribery
5. Gerrard
6. Torres
7. Rooney
8. Casillas
9. Villa
10. Xavi
Nitro (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Why would you hate messi? You just prob haten on messi
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
How is he hating on messi is he put him second?
Just talking about his comment 'even though I hate him'. I just can't understand why anyone would hate messi
I hate messi, I think his overrated when ppl call him the world no. 1 I think his top 5 but no more than that, I'm not stupid though and still put him 2nd or 3rd since so many other ppl are obsessed with him. To me he is no where near worlds no. 1 he isn't versitile enough
Calm down ronaldo isn't all that better they both offer diffrent things !
I agree entirely with Adamaus, I could not have said it better my self perfect
I also agree with adamus, messi doesn't even come close to ronaldo, he may be a team player, ronaldo can get the ball upfield, produce a cross or a shot on goal and usually when he shoots from close he always makes it!
We wiill see this season lol
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
It's wrong that defensive players don't get in the top ten although at least casillas is in there
Well not all defenders are given the credit they deserve but the only defender that would deserve to be in the list is puyol
Ltm017 5 years ago
WOW. I agree with you. Defenders don't always get the credit that they deserve. In the Barca v ManU match Pique played amazing and everyone just highlighted Eto'o and mostly Messi. Which they deserved but come on....

And Puyol is not the only defender the deserves to be on that list. He's up there but I think there are a lot of good defenders! There are others who could be on the list too
Syraph (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
The best defender in the world currently would have to be vidic. The man's absolutely brillaint
Tnadidas3 (Celtic) 5 years ago
No idea why Ballack is so high, he has been in very poor form of late
Tnadidas3 (Celtic) 5 years ago
Ellada I have to disagree. Vidic is a heck of a defender, as is Pique
Yes true but the thing is puyol is ranked much better than vidic is, I don't know why but that's the way it is
1. Xavi
2. Ronaldo
3. Messi
4. Gerrard
5. Fernando Torres
6. David Villa
7. Iniesta
8. Rooney
9. Drogba
10. Fabregas
Very Fair. But don't beleive strikers should get so high in the list
JosiahsOnFire (Barcelona) 5 years ago
It's funny, Messi s**t all over Ronaldo this year, and still people are putting him over Messi....

Anyone EVER CARE TO LOOK AT actuall performance AND stats?
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Messi just has moments which are absolutley amazing like his run against Getafe unbelivable. That was a goal that only messi could score. But people think about his matches like that and not his average ones, which happen quite alot, more than you think
Messi does not s**t all over ronaldo, the midget is no where near as talented as ronaldo and can't do half the stuff what ronaldo can. If you think about it, ronaldo can do everything messi but messi can't do everything ronaldo can. Therefore ronaldo is better. Stop being so bias just because you a barca supporter this sh!T is pissing me off
Ltm017 5 years ago
Ronaldo has moments which are absolutly amazing. I my opinion (which I put in because a certain poster which I will not point out seems to think people can't have an opinion on here without being bais) anyway.... Ronaldo is not all people are cracking him up to be. I say "Who the heck is a [C.] Ronaldo? " I don't see Ronaldo. I give him his credit but he is not that amazing. I think Messi is a better asset to a team. He is a better asset is general because I feel IMO he is just better that way. Not saying I wouldn't want Ronaldo on my team cause the kid is good. But like VanPersie put unlike some people who just had to be rude about it.... He has a completely different opinion.... He see's it the othe way which is fine
Adamaus I love you man you say exactly what I am thinking and can;t write down, Messi did nothing to ronaldo. Just becuase they won championsleague means nothing
It does it mean the so call best player in the world could not help his team beat the second best players in the world team!
1. Messi  2. Iniesta  3. Ronaldo  4. Kaka  5. Torres  6. Villa  7. Gerrard  8. Eto  9. Xavi  10. Ribery
Fk see you just put messi iniesta 'cause you a barca supporter stop being so ignorant, I hate messi I still put him second cos of this season
That's why its his opinion adamus calm down
Nope he has good reason to be upset, fair weather fans always do this and it make me upset, way to make your voice heard Adamaus
You know what I mean kingsickhead, its my opinion and I'm more than entitled to it.... I don't hate on anyone, I put it in the order according to there performance in the previous season and stats, if you don't like than don't look at it and gio stop kissin adamaus's ass
Ltm017 5 years ago
Adamaus stop being the ignorant person you are making yourself out to be all the time. Give it a rest already.... At least Ronaldo is in the top three.... Everyone here has a difference of opinion so please deal.... You whine and complain way too much. Stop acting like a little girl...
Lol that's not what I'm saying whats pissing me off is he is putting players so high on the list because they play for barca and he is a barca supporter, I have got a problem with him being so bias towards barca players, you are just as ignorant as him for not taking bias out of your decisions
Please calm down adamus and you are acting like a girl it his opinion deal with it y0u sound as young as ronaldo rocks lol
Like everyone as already pointed out deal with it, I gave my reason and I would have given that order no matter what them I support.... Grow up man
TheRonaldo7 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Ronaldo (Obvious)
Messi (Damn Good!)
Kaka
Ribery
Vidic (Best defender on the planet)
Gerrard
Rooney
Toress
Xavi
Cassilas (Best GK)