Slovenia
Bosnia

This is my prediction

Russia V Ireland
France V Bosnia
Greece V Ukraine
Portugal V Slovenia
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Mine would be:     Russia vs Bosnia   France vs Ireland   Greece vs Ukraine   Portugal vs Slovenia
Vodka (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Mine would be:  Russia V Portugal  France V Ukraine  Greece V Slovenia  Bosnia V Ireland
Nemmy (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
These would be great matches, but Russia and Portugal theoretically can't play with each other because they are in the same pot, as well as Bosnia and Ireland
Vodka (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Oh.... I am so dummie could not even see that was impossible.... Haha
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
If russia vs ukraine, what a derby match really! France vs ireland also not bad! But I still think the big team will qualify for the world cup as usual!
Probably, but I hope at least Bosnia qualifies from the 2nd pot, they played such a spectacular, entertaining football during the group matches, so they deserve it
We all have been seeing these 8 teams played and now they gonna' have to face knock out to be able to qualify for World Cup 2010 because only 4 of them gonna' have the chance. Here is the list of the 8 teams in Europe:

France
Portugal
Bosnia
Ireland
Ukraine
Russia
Greece
Slovania

What would be the top 4 to win that knock out competition? Here is mine:

France
Portugal
Ukraine
Republic Ireland
Arshavin russia will sneak in.... Dun forget they've got guus hiddink the expert there!
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I would like to see Bosnia at WC 2010. Young team with a great duo Ibisevic - Dzeko
I think Bosnia or Russia might have a chance to be one of the 4, but for some reason I have a feeling that is gonna' be these teams I mentioned above
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
We defintly are going to see some real great matches. Teams have to play 90 minutes without a mistake becuase every mistake could fatal at this point
Jman008 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I want to see Russia, France, Portugal and Ireland to go through. I think if Ukraine played against Russia, Russia would win the tie and Russia have been playing really well under Hiddinik as Keong mentioned earlier. I don't think Ukraine would go through and I have not seen Bosnia play, so I am not sure how good they are. Greece seem to be playing really well and they will be another team that would not be easy to defeat
Ukraine rely too much on sheva.... Btw, only the strong will survive! Lol
I would like Russia, Ukraine, Bosnia and Slovenia to qualify, "big" teams shall fall
If big team fail to qualify, the world cup will be dull to watch! Lol
These teams are here not by accident, and I don't think it would be dull to watch Bosnia instead of Portugal, they played much more entertaining
I totally agree with Keong
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Mine are:    France vs Ukraine  Russia vs Bosnia  Portugal vs Ireland  Greece vs Slovenia
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
I'd love to watch Russia versus Bosnia. It'll be a great match to watch because not a lot of people know much about the Bosnian national team
Thomas1978 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Think the whole system is a joke is the 2 pots system. It is clear FIFA just wants the bigger teams to go through here.

Portugal / France v Ireland will be really great to watch.

Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I agree, they should just draw the teams randomly imo
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Russia v Slovenia - 3-1
(Pavluychenko, Arshavin X2 - Novakovic)
France v Ukraine - 2-0
(Anelka, Benzema)
Greece v Bosnia - 1-1 (Bosnia winning 4-3 on penalties)
(Gekas - Dzeko)
Portugal v Ireland - 3-2
(Ronaldo, Simao, Almeida - Keane X2)

With the likes of Russia, France, Bosnia and Portugal to qualify
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
The draw has been completed (the real games)

Portugal vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina
Greece vs Ukraine
Russia vs Slovenia
Ireland vs France

Now, we just make true prediction. For me --> france, greece, russie, bosnie
Portugal vs. Bosnia - will be a hard battle but I guess Bosnia will qualify
Greece vs. Ukraine - I feel Ukraine is a bit stronger so they should qualify
Russia vs. Slovenia - Russia is the probable winner
Ireland vs. France - France should relatively easy qualify
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah bosnia is gonna' take it Ronaldo can't hold us down
Portugal vs bosnia- bosnia is a great team but portugal always played well if in important matches.... The Portuguese got a world class defence and midfield, they only lack in the final touch.... Due to the experience, I think portugal will ease through....

Greece vs ukraine, this match is the hard one to predict! But I still think the former surprised euro champion will go through....

Russia vs slovenia, russia no doubt!

Ireland vs france, ireland really badluck since they get france in the draw! But if they can keep the clean sheet against the French side at home, I think they will got a chance to surprise!
MyRaJ (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Portugal and France will need to pull hard to qualify, Bosnia and Ireland are very good teams can produce surprises, in my opinion there is no favorite in this match...
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Portugal vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina - 1-1 (Portugal win 5-4 on penalties)
(Ronaldo - Dzeko)

Greece vs Ukraine - 2-1
(Gekas X2, Voronin)

Russia vs Slovenia - 3-1
(Arshavin X2, Pavluychenko - Novakovic)

Ireland vs France 2-4
(Keane X2 - Gignac X2, Benzema, Anelka)
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I'd count these as very realistic predictions, even as an Irishman.

Can't believe we (Ireland) got through the qualifiers in second place, completely unbeaten even by teams like Italy and Bulgaria, and still are counted as one of the lesser teams, so have to face France instead of someone like Slovenia
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
"Manchester City's Irish goalkeeper Shay Given maintained yesterday that Fifa's seeding system for the World Cup qualifying play-offs in Europe is "totally unfair" after the Republic of Ireland were given the tough task of facing France for a berth in South Africa.

France were one of four "top" seeds in the eight-team play-offs, with the seedings based on the world rankings, while the Irish, unbeaten in a qualifying section that included world champions Italy, were among the four bottom seeds, guaranteeing a tough match."

Link: www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international...

You would have to say that based on the very late way FIFA decided to seed the playoffs (one "weak" team versus one "strong" team) that they really wanted to ensure that the big name teams and players got through to the World Cup. Not fair, but hey, that's business.

"Fifa only announced at the end of September that the draw would be seeded. Sceptics have accused the world governing body of a stitch-up, arguing that the seeded draw increased the chances of the major nations with star players and large potential TV markets making it to the finals. France, Portugal, Russia and Greece were thus the top-seeded nations, with the Republic, Ukraine, Bosnia and Slovenia unseeded.

"The seeding thing is totally unfair," he said. "As one of the smaller countries, it is hard enough to qualify at the best of times. To change the rules a couple of weeks before the end of the campaign is ridiculous, farcical. But that is what they have done and we have to get on with it.
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Definitely fixed, if I was Irish I would be pissed. I think Ireland vs. France will be an incredibly entertaining fixture though, so much potential in a match like this. Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. Portugal should be a cracker as well, but didn't they just play in qualifiers and Portugal won by a large margin without Ronaldo? Will be a great game anyways. The other matches should be really entertaining as well, I am excited for all of them. Does anybody know if they have released the playoff fixtures for Africa yet?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football