Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Surprise Team At Thw World Cup?
BuckMcDancer (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Which team do you think will be the surprise package at the world cup?

I think United States or Ivory Coast could surprise a few, with some of the "big nations" not at their best

BuckMcDancer (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Sorry for the spelling mistake lol
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
Slovenia also can make a surprise in World Cup
Craxy (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I would have said Ivory Coast. But with the group they have been put in, I don't think they will get past first base. You never know though, they have the players to do so!

I think Paraguay could well cause a suprise or two. They played very well in the qualifiers and the team have looked brilliant together
Ltm017 4 years ago
I disagree. I think Ivory Coast and Brazil will be at the top of their group. I don't think Portugal is going to much of what people expect
Craxy (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yeah I would defiantly like to see it happen, Ivory Coast finish above Portugal that is. But I really don't think it will
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I think Ivory Coast will make big surprize. They will let POrtugal home
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
I think it will be South Korea and Australia, I'm placing my money on them to do well. Both are in a decent team but I think South Korea will really surprise Greece and Nigeria since both teams their form isn't great so far, Australia's team is hard either, but I think they got a really decent squad, and Timmy Cahill is a real legend that will lead them to wins
Neonseong (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I think the problem about Australia is they picked up South Korea's ex coach and the only reason he got picked was because he was assistant coach under Hiddink and Advocot in Korea. I personally don't think his that great of a coach, especially no where near Hiddink. Australia could of easily picked up a better coach
Zishan07 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I think Chile will be the biggest surprise of the World Cup. If not them, Paraguay
Neonseong (Liverpool) 4 years ago
My picks for a upset are South Korea, Slovenia, maybe Algeria, and maybe USA
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
My answer will be " ghana", it will be surprise to see them winning the world cup, a african team will make history in football.... There are many star players are there...
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
US has the best shot at an upset if they play D all 90. Ivory Coast can move on too. I am worried about Paraguay.... Italy better not take them lightly
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
Mexico. I hate the team, but the squad has some people that could surprise you. They really started clicking toward the end of qualifying
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think the US has a chance but mainly the Ivory Coast. They have failed in previous attempts to win different tournaments including the African Cup of Nations and in the 2006 World Cup they failed to reach beyond the first round. But now Drogba and Kalou have gradually got better - its been 3 and a half years and I think they might just be able to come together against Portugal and hopefully even with Brazil and the Europeans in their group, they can get past the group stage and leave Portugal in tears. I'd love to see Ronaldo cry again But it is so unfortunate that they are put in a group like this. In 2006 they have Argentina and Netherlands - in 2010 they have Brazil and Portugal. Is this just luck? It's so unfair, I feel sorry for them.

As with the Americans they'll breeze the group stage but if England top the table and they come second Germany is the most likely opponent in the second round :S

Kick4Life - changing lives through football