Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Stubborn Rafa
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
He won't even admit that Sir Alex did a good job. Link: www.skysports.com/story/01952811095_533173500.html...
Agg stupid link, here we go same story different place Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=647411&sec=eng...
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 5 years ago
Momoali (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I don't blame him
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I wonder why...
Yeh you keep wondering
Bello7 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
He won't why, we don't now. Rafa is just.... A weirdo
Hahahahaha weirdo. Yeh really
"Normally you have to be polite and respect the other manager but during the season we have seen a lot of things that I didn't like, so that's it.

"I say congratulations to United because they have won. And that's it. "

Rafael Benitez, LFC
Just as expected. A douche-move made by a total douche-bag. Like I said in another thread on the site. I don't hate liverpool, I just hate benitez with a passion
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Lol Yes Very Stubbon. But he is feeling very pressured by previous flaws in his speech. He doesent want to over do it
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Does anyone aside from me just think he's pissed that they didn't win the title?
Maybe Lol
[account-removed] 5 years ago
He's not all that bad...
TheRonaldo7 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Says a man who supports Liverpool?    Hmmmm...
Lol you might want to watch it Nando
Quintuplechamps (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Why can't rafa be gracious in defeat as he would get more respect. Fergie is a wise owl and rafa shouldnt have taken him on with his rant in midseason.... He looks foolish now
Dali (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Fafa has been looking stupid for a loooong time now. Whatever, he's a sore loser. Manchester was the better side this season, we'll see about the next season.
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Who the hell is fafa
LOOOL!
TheRonaldo7 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Hmmmm.... Fafa has a nice ring to it!    Besides Rafa is a complete joke anyways!  
Lol yea Fafa suits him better Lol
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I guess its a bit difficult to change his name now  
JosiahsOnFire (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Say what you like about Rafa but he has done VERY well considering they have a lot less money than Ferguson is allowed to spend
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Really? He has wasted more money than Fergie by a mile imo. I mean he has spent so much during the past 5 years to turn Liverpool from a one-man team into a two-man team
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Hmmmm I don't know that we have spent more money than United Moonpig so I will respectfully agree to disagree. Yes Rafa has spent a lot of money since he came to Liverpool, but I would hardly call it a waste. We are now top contenders to win the premiere league trophy, and Rafa was a huge part of the miracle in Istanbul, and we have a great team playing great football.

And I think it's pretty safe to say Fergie has spent way more money in the last 5 years than Rafa. Just look at the purchases, Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Van Der Sar, Saha, Michael Carrick the list goes on. And at the same time he was selling off his mega stars like Beckham and Van Nistelrooy, which Rafa doesn't have the luxury of doing.

I mean it's pretty hard to argue Liverpool are more financially blessed than United because it's just not true, look at their revenue. I am pretty sure United have the most money of any football club in the world, unless it is still Real Madrid
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Key word was waste.... I mean, Fergie has spent great deals of money but Rafa has also spent a lot of dosh yet I would consider Liverpool a two-man team with Mascherano popping his head up every now and again....

I mean 7 million on Jermaine Pennant? Or Nunez and Josemi each for 2 million, Morientes for another 6/7 million, Robbie Keane for 20 million.... Or Kromkamp or Palleta (dunno how much they were ).... Those were all dreadful wastes of money off the top of my head and these were a couple of years ago when these transfer figures had meaning.

Veron was one of Fergie's biggest flops but I suppose United got more out of him than pool did out of Keane.
Adebayor (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Lets not go into money now shall we? Ahem...
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Haha funny. I though Rafa has always been way more professional than Fergie. Fergie's retaliations to Rafa's rant were just a little ridiculous, saying that Liverpool have more money than United and the like but I think they are both out of line.

Rafa should have endless respect for Fergie, the man has won 11 english league titles(if he is extremely arrogant he has a right to be), and is a great manager, perhaps one of the greatest of all time. But Fergie should respect Rafa, as well, he is a great manager and beat Ferguson's side twice this year(ahahaha). Overall it is very childish and they should both apologize to each other and get the f**k on with it, because it is obvious it has not helped either of their teams
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
The fact is, Rafa started this fight with his mid-season rant. Is it right to respect someone who constantly shows you disrespect? You are right that they need to apologize and get over it, but Rafa has clearly been pushing Fergie to get a rise out of him. Sadly, it's been working...
Calling Rafa Foolish for stating the obvious? The first rant was completeley true and even most manchester united fans had agreed with him
Quintuplechamps (Manchester United) 5 years ago
'bottled in liverpool' haha
Adebayor (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
I would pay 1 1/2 hoes for that

Kick4Life - changing lives through football