Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Sparky Out Of City?
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Well well, if the English season hasn't thrown enough surprises by the half-way mark, looks like Hughes is out of a job. This topic could well lead to nothing but looking at the reaction at the end of the game with Mark Hughes applauding the supporters, its likely that his time has come. I thought it was very interesting that Roberto Mancini was watching the game, still wouldn't have expected Ol' Hughes going out so soon. What next for the former United, Barca, Chelsea great? What does this mean for City? They aren't in a bad position now and Villa along with Spurs are right up there as well with victories. Mental season this
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Hughes has done a good job thus far to be honest. I really don't think that he's the right man for the job, but it could do more harm than good to fire him midway through the season. They should have gotten a better manager during the summer. But hey, they wanna bring in a new guy now before the january transfer window, be my guest. I just don't think it will work out so well. Especially since not many pleyers will want to leave their clubs during january
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Theres a major announcement at the city of manchester stadium at 7pm.
And its reckoned roberto mancini is the new manager, he attended todays game
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Yep.... Its confirmed.... Mark hughes and all his coaching staff have been sacked.
The new manager is roberto mancini, and brian kidd is his new number two
Qiang (Kelantan) 4 years ago
Good news for man utd then? So that sparky can go back to utd and become fergie understudy!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Italian job again huh?
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
I can't beleive that he's going and Macini has come to manage City now! He's really skilled on the ball and he'll probably have some really good tactics in store for city, and I think with him managing, they'll probably shoot to second place in the premier league this season, and if they're lucky, they might even have a chance of winning it!
They prefer hiddink, let's see how long mancini last!
Liverpoolsam7 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Oh Damn. Macini is moving into city? Managing Manchester City? I feel faint. This can not be happening! We're going to go even further down the table now! He's really skilled on the pitch, I totally agree with Derby22. I am so scared, but I can't beleive Mark Hughes was sacked from his job! I'd be really happy if I was a manchester City fan, but I'm not, so Uh-Oh. We are totally doomed!
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Looks like Scottie has another thread with a full article courtesy of the Guardian with a fancy video and pictures on it,thus with more replies.Lock on! My own thread

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football