Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Spain Vs Argentina... Who Has The Better Team???
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Saturday is will be just a friendly match, international game between Spain and Argentina in Atletico Madrid’s raucous Vicente Calderon is every bit as exciting , as the weekend’s World Cup Qualifying Play-offs that will determine the fates of the likes of Portugal and France in next summer’s showpiece tournament

Argentina :
Goalkeepers:
Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar, Netherlands)
Mariando Andújar (Catania, Italy)

Defenders:
Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United, England)
Martín Demichelis (Bayern München, Germany)
Gabriel Heinze (Olympique Marseilles, France)
Nicolás Pareja (Espanyol, Spain)
Cristian Ansaldi (Rubin Kazan, Russia)

Midfielders:
Jonás Gutiérrez (Newcastle United)
Maximiliano Rodríguez (Atlético de Madrid, Spain)
Javier Mascherano (Liverpool, England)
Fernando Gago (Real Madrid, Spain)
Esteban Cambiasso (Internazionale, Italy)
Ángel Di María (Benfica, Portugal)
Pablo Aimar (Benfica)

Forwards:
Lionel Messi (Barcelona, Spain)
Gonzalo Higuaín (Real Madrid)
Carlos Tevez (Manchester City, England)
Sergio Agüero (Atlético de Madrid)
Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli, Italy)

Spain:
Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), Diego Lopez (Villarreal).

Defenders: Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Raul Albiol (Real Madrid), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Andoni Iraola (Athletic Bilbao), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona).

Strikers: Pablo Hernandez (Valencia), Dani Guiza (Fenerbache), Juanma Mata (Valencia), David Silva (Valencia), David Villa (Valencia), Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla), Jesus Navas (Sevilla).

I think Spain is the stronger side . Argentina have a lot of young players

Link: www.goal.com

Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
I told you spain was the stronger side. They won 2-1. Is that the result you were hoping for?
Banacula (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
This one is a bit of a no brainer at the moment. Spain are stronger in every area of the pitch, goalkeeper - Yes, defence - most certainly, Midfield - only area in which Argentina would come close but spain still better overall, Strikers - I's still say Spain are stronger even with Torres out.

Of the two potential strongest teams for each side I could only see Messi and possibly Aguero getting in the Spain XI
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I believe the problem is on the bench when it comes down to it. As far as the players qualities comes, Argentina could very well give Spain a fair fight in a good ninety minutes. But I`m afraid its Diego Maradonas way of handling the team that's shaking their foundation. Somehow his lack of organisation in mirrors through and undermine the splendidness which the likes of Messi, Higuain, Cambiasso, Mascherano are well capable of. That's why (according to me!) Argentina had so big trouble qualifying to the WC.
But its an open and very good game coming, I'm sure!

Drukdude (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I must agree with what has been said. Spain is by far the better team, not only because they have the better players on the pitch and on the bench but also because imo the coach is part of the team.... And you all know what that means...
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Spain is certainly a much better team, even without Torres. Messi is the best player in the world, but just look at Spain's midfield, it is incredible
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Spain easily. Argentina barely made it to the World Cup, I don't think they've even qualified yet. If Argentina win I'll scream because at this point in time it doesn't seem possible.

Spains best team is:
-------------------Casillas------------------

Srg. Ramos----Puyol-------R. Albiol----Capdevila

----------Iniesta----------Senna----------------

--------------------Xavi------------------------

-----Villa----------Torres-------Silva----------

They will outplay them completely
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Spain is the best team.
The Argentine has very good players but not a team. Spain plays the same way as Barcelona, Spain has its own style of play
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Spain at this moment becuase they play such great football its very enjoyable to wacth. Argentine is now strugling with a form crisis
FUTBAL (Chelsea) 4 years ago
At this point of time, Spain is a better team than Argentine. Argentine is not that strong and consistent while Spain is improving
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Spain definitely will win this match, Argentina is gonna' start with all those players? Winning? Not a chance.

Now we look into their strongest squad which is ready for World Cup.

Spain strongest squad:

--------------------Casillas-----------------

--Ramos----Puyol------Marchena---Capdevila---

--Iniesta----Xavi-----Senna-----Silva------

------------Villa-------Torres------------

Subs: Reina, Navarro, Albiol, Alonso, Fabregas, Llorente, Guiza

Argentina strongest squad:

---------------------Romero-----------------

--Zanetti---Demichelis----Heinze----Papa---

---------Cambiasso-----Mascherano-----------

----Messi-----------------------Rodriguez--

-----------Aguero-------Milito-----------

Subs: Carrizo, Coloccini, Burdisso, Veron, Tevez, Lopez, Higuain

They can't even win Spain in the normal strongest squad they want to win without Zanetti and Milito in their squad?

Radupoli (FC Politehnica Iasi) 4 years ago
I think Spain win this match
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Argentina.

No choice. I support Argentina. I feels beating Spain is the best way to boast the morale of the team at the moment. And that's a crucial preparation for World cup finals
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Real Madrid vs Alcorcon!
Anything can happen in this wonderful game we all love so intensely. A big factor surrounding the match is also about how the teams feel this particular day. We all know that and, that both of these two teams are collosal when it comes to skills. As much of a favorite Spain might be, it doesn`t aquire much of an underestiation from theire side to make the load fall over. It has happened before and might as well happen again....

Real Madrid vs Alcorcon 1 - 4

We all know spain does. If maradona would be playing, they might even only just get a draw! Argetina aren't playing well in the qualifiers this year. Spain easily has a stronger and better team. They have one of the fastest and greatest stikers in the whole world (Torres) and loads of other classical players that are really doing well and helping out with spain. So, my answer to this topic would be spain would have the better team. Easily, and everybody knows that if they know anything about football
Told you!
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Spain are a far stronger, more consistent team than argentina.
But that's not down to spain having better players, I think the squads are pretty even in ability, its maradonna that's the problem, he could, nt manage a sweet shop, he's awful.
Argentina need to get someone in, and quick

Kick4Life - changing lives through football