Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Sneijder To Manchester United!!??
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
So talks have been going on for a while now, but it seems that both clubs have finally agreed on a 40m transfer, and now all that needs to be worked out is sneijder's pay, he is asking for 230k a week
Thoughts?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Reports are all over the place. Some papers believe that the move is definitely off, some think that he's agreed personal terms of 190k a week, and their are also reports that say a fee has been agreed but he is yet to agree personal terms because of high wage demands.

We'll all have to just wait and see
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Did I not hear today that Manchester United denied making any sort of offer for Sneijder?

Other reports had them offering Nani as bait, this one has run on for a while now, almost rivaling the Fabregas to Barca saga! Lol
I would rather have taken a chance with charlie adam for £7m to be honest, sneijder's transfer fee and wages are a joke
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I don't think he's worth it either Tony, don't see why Sir Alex continues to chase him, I mean he's good but for that kind of money is there is better than him out there!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I thought Fergie wouldnt go for him tbh and Chelsea would, and Utd would go for Luka Modric. I mean doesent Fergie like having players who help the defence? And who have a good resale value
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I'm confused.
Reports from decent sources are flying around like mad that Utd have already sealed him for 40M and then SAF comes out to poo-poo all of them. The cycle continues.

But if Inter lets Sneijder go, I'm dead sure that they'll replace him with Pastore...
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Not many people know this but the united transfer policy states that we won't buy any players without a resale value when a 5 or 6 year contract expires. Ie players over the age of 26. David gill came out and said berbatov was the last of that kind of transfer. If you notice all the players we got since berbatov have been young player. Every player since berbatov have been 22 and under except valencia 24, lindegaard 26 and ashley young 25.
I have been telling people sneijder is not going to happen. Sir alex turned down etoo for 10 million because of this policy. Age was also the reason we didn't bid for villa or ribery. We are more likely to pay 40 million for ganso than 35 for wesley. In five years if ganso decides to leave we will get back at least what we paid for him. In 5 years if sneijder decides to leave he might go for free
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
I hope Inter doesn't sell him. All they're interested in is money. They haven't realized that Selling Sneijder would be the greatest mistake they'll ever make. If they sell him, who the hell do they have to replace him? I don't see any other playmaker on the team. Sneijder has already expressed his desire to remain at Inter & Sir Alex has said that he has no interest to get Sneijder on his team. Especially for that price. I hope Inter wake up and realize what they're doing. Sneijder is what keeps this aging team going. At 27, Sneijder is still in his prime. What Inter need to do is get rid of some of the older players who are still worth something before they become too old to sell. Instead of the Dutchman, get rid of Milito, Pandev, Stankovic & Cordoba while they're still worth something and look to reinforce your Midfeild, get another young forward & look for a good left back. If Inter sell him, I'm gonna' be really pissed. Especially if he goes to Man Untd. No offence but, I really hate Man Untd.
I don't think he's worth the money, transfer fee, and wages, nasri for what you would pay for him, would be a much better prospect, and I don't agree with my club paying wages way over the odds.
No offence, but I don't hate your team
Funny you hate man utd, because on your other account, your a utd fan, and it IS you.... Jeff
Is he Lunaboy the Milan fan?
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
What? My name isn't Jeff. I don't like Man Untd. No offence lol. You probably have me confused with someone else. I hate Man Untd but, I do have respect for them. @ Tony, What you said about Nasri is true. He's younger & would probably go to Man Untd for way less than what they're offering Sneijder. There's also other young guys like Ganso & Hazard. I was actually thinking about Gourcuff. I'm pretty sure he would go for less than 30 million and he's a playmaker
HandOfDog (Plymouth Argyle) 3 years ago
Seems to be all smoke and mirrors in Manchester atm
(reported today)
"Manchester City have ruled out a possible swap deal between Carlos Tevez and Inter Milan star Wesley Sneijder.
Sources close to Eastlands have told talkSPORT manager Roberto Mancini has no interest in signing the Dutchman, either with or without Tevez moving in the opposite direction. "....

"Sneijder, meanwhile, still has his heart set on a move to Manchester United with work still going on behind the scenes to conclude the deal, despite Sir Alex Ferguson claiming the Red Devils have “no real interest” in the Inter Milan star. "
I'm so confused atm
Pragathish (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Sneijder to Manchester CITY is a done deal,says Gazetta(a very reliable source,if you ask me)!

Link: www.football-italia.net/aug6h.html

Looks like City has made the offer Inter can't refuse,a mad €36m

Kick4Life - changing lives through football