Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Share Your Real-life Footy Playing Stories: Best Goal, Biggest Win, Injuries
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I have a nice quick one to tell.

Basically playing football and some guy drop kicked my knee. It popped out of place and the worst thing was I had his stud marks dug in to my leg and had to have stupid black paste to fill it up I felt like a bit of wood being filled by no more nails
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
A bit of wood? Were you playing in defence? Did you stick to the attackers?
Lol, It was like this black paste and they just got like a glue gun and filled the holes up for the skin to grow over lol
I'm playing in another tournament now, half hour indoor games, 5 a side. We won our last game 14-1! That's more than a goal every two minutes with the half time break included. Shocking. Almost every shot we took went in
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Ants team 14 v wellington institute for the blind 1, in a close match
Kiwoli (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Friends and I (and some friends of friends) recently started a 5-a-side Futsal team at a local centre, our skills are nothing great and after some grading games, found ourselves in division 5 (lowest div). So far, there hasn't been too many positives results-wise, only 2 wins from 9 games (including the grading matches) but a lot of my teammates are quite green with tactics and just the overall mental side of the game.

I am looking forward to the improvements that we can make while we grow as team, there hasn't really been an outstanding match to talk about - not from our perspective anyway - but here's to hoping that my next visit here should bring some more exciting news
Thanks for that, and good luck growing with the team! Don't get carried away if you start winning loads of games, keep your discipline
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
They call it a funny old game.... Lol, I remember many moons ago when I played for a team called "sandy row young men" in the belfast churchs league.
We played a team called "sinclair seamens", which was an old navy related church team, anyway we stuffed them 16-1, I think we actually LET them score one, it looked that bad, anyway due to a cup draw we had to play the same team 2 weeks later, and struggled to beat them 4-3, so it is a funny old game
MancYank (Manchester United) 3 years ago
During high school, my brother's team was rated number one in the state. In the play-offs, they were drawn with the worst team to make the play-offs. My brother's team enjoyed about 70% - 80% possession and ended up losing 1 to nil. It is a funny old game. We were fancied to win it all...
I was playing goals 5aside last night and about 30minutes in to playing I got a trapped nerve in my shoulder and couldn't move the left side of my body lol
Senthil (Chelsea) 3 years ago
In a tournament, I played for my school as a right winger. I think it was 15 th minute, the ball was up, there was big guy against me so I try to head the ball and I hit the ball but the forehead of big guy crashed my nose, my nose starts bleeding and the headed ball was shooted by my team mate. I was taken to hospital so I was not able to play the tournament
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Cheers to whoever did it.... Hehe kidding  And you've forgot to mention about the off-side goal drama
MancYank (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Actually, when I was about 20 years old I scored the winning goal that got my team into the state quarter-finals for my league. That was thirteen years ago! This year, I was diagnosed with a blood pressure regulation issue, which keeps me from going 100%. However, I am only 4 pounds (less than 2 kilos) heavier than I was at 20. I still managed to play in about six or seven games and scored two goals with one assist. We finished third in the state in our division. I love this game!
Fromtheisland (Toronto) 3 years ago
I have a good story to tell about my debut game, playing for the university which I attended. I made the team and everything was alright but just before the season started I told the coach that I was unsure if I could make a committment due to the classes, work and such.

So midway through the year I told the coach I wanted to play because I missed it dearly. Anyways, it's a saturday and were getting ready for the game in the dressing room. The team is all huddled together and I am crouched down listening to the coach go over tactics. The guy behind me thought it was funny to stick his foot between my legs and rub my nutsack with his cleats. Now maybe if this was my good friend I would laugh a little but I am very serious especially when it comes to football. Before the game I'm serious not time for jokes. So anyways I told this 4th year to f**k off while the coach was talking and after the coach was finished speaking I got into his face and told him he better not choke today and probaly called him a bitch. Long story short we almost got into a fight before the game and were probably gonna' fight after.

So the game starts and we go down a goal early. Around the 30 minute mark, the coach calls me up and subs me as a center mid fielder. 5 minutes later we get a free kick on the right side of the pitch which was a considerable length away from the 18 yeard box. The ball comes in and the lanky asshole who was rubbin my ball sack lets the ball skip off his head and the ball falls right into my lap where I let it fall before kicking it into the left side of the net. It wasn't the prettiest or hardest hit strike but it skipped over the keepers hands.
So the guy who I almost fought ended up assisting my debut university goal. Quite ironic and funny too.

My game was on that day and shortyly after I nutmaged my opponent from five meters away. The pass was a bullet right through his legs to my team mate. We ended up losing in last few minutes of the game 2-1 but teh team we played was one of the top ranked teams in teh country. The next day we were blown out infront of the whole school. No1 really seen my goal on saturday but everyone seen us get whooped on sunday
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You need better team mates if they are stroking your nutsack in the changing rooms
Puskas (Manchester United) 3 years ago
The one game that always stands out was my one and only cup final, the two teams marching around the pitch preceded by a marching band a huge crowd as there were three finals being played that day a team from my old club were playing in a underage final strange clapping them after they had won there final but I had played for that club for years. Our game was not the best but a final is a final at some stage in the second half I stepped up to take a corner and duly curled it into the back of the net, the greatest buzz i've ever got playing football all my team mates were congraulting each other i'd set off on a run up the touchline a bank of opposing fans feet away the abuse coming my way might as well have been praise I was lost in the moment. Their goalie pulled off a great save later on from a half volley of mine and not long before the end we conceded a penalty which they duly scored a drawn game and we lost the reply with a very poor performance we didn, t bring back the cup but I brought away some great memories that was 20 years ago and thank god I'm still playing
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
A shame you couldn't win the cup but a hell of a story nonetheless my friend. I've never played in one of those "big game" type atmospheres, any team i've played for has been god awful in all honesty. Hope I'm able to play in 20 years
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I once played at right back for my local team.... We finished bottom of the table with 0 wins, 1 draw and 18 losses.... Good times.

About halfway through the season we played the team who was dominating on top of the table and remarkably we were 3-0 up inside 10 minutes. We then put in a good solid defensive effort for the rest of the match and emerged with a hard fought 3-6 loss.... Lol
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
After a one-two exchange with my MF team mate on the left hand side around the middle of the pitch, I controlled the ball into the space and cut inside and then hit the ball hard enough with the right foot and curled it around the far post. Keeper well beaten by a 'clinical' finish ^ ^ to give the lead to my team. 2-1 half-time
My favorite goal as a defender.

The kneecap - ankle strain combo injury put me away from the pitches for 4 months

When I was about 10 my 1st 4-0 defeat devastated me. I cried like a Baby all day long
Barracuda (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Well the best moment for me was when I was at school, and most our senior players left the school, I was given the the school team captaincy and we won our fist game as me being the captain.

Was a wonder full game, we won it 5 - 3
Rogue4341 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It was pouring rain, about 27 degrees farenheit and I was in goal. The game was tied 1-1 and the opposing team was getting desperate while we were in extra time. Their striker blew past my defence like they were leaves in a hurricane and I was trying to keep calm.coming out I knew that I either slid and stopped the play or somehow caught the pass. The stiker didn't pass. The next three seconds seemed like an eternity. Somehow I managed to get up to him without him getting off his shot. I caught the ball right before the pass and shut down the entire offensive play. As I stood up the whistle blew and my andrenaline stopped pumping and I just fell to my knees happy with the knowledge I had saved the game
Awesome. More please!
I was playing in midfield having played the first half in goal and it had just started to snow. I was playing defensive mid against an awesome team. There was no wind, and the snow muffled the sounds around me. My team got the ball and I ran up to support. I saw an opening and called for a cross right outside the eighteen. The Left winger got a perfect pass right to my feet with no defenders anywhere near me. I started to dribble up the pitch, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a defender start to slide. On pure instinct I flicked the ball toward the goal and the defender slid right into my ankle. I heard a snap, but was to focused on the ball to notice. The keep had slipped trying to get to the ball! I leaped for joy, having scored. When I landed I collapsed. My ankle had been broken. We won the game 1-0. I still thank luck and the snow for that goal
Holy moley that's a scary ending. Goes to show how easy it can happen
Yeah. Still one of my favorite goals of all time. It was funny though I never felt it hurt until the next day. Bizarre.... Lucky though it was the last game of the season. Both of those games happend that season. 2009 season of epics
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I go to an international school and every year each year group. MS=Middle School JV=Junior Varsity and SV=Senior Varsity enter a football tournament called scis. WE didn't do so well be it was a great xperiance since it was my first real football tournie. The first game we won 4-2 with me assisting one of the goal of tournament and scoring one. Our Striker did a nice through ball and I ran after it and it looked like it was going out but I managed to pull it back and it caught everyone off guards except our other striker and he back heeled it in. Then my goal it was a corner and for some reason the keeper did not run out so I headed the ball into the back of the net inside the 6 yard box. Then in our second game we got creamed 5-2 by the eventual winners. In this game I was very poor to be honest. Both our goals were real scrappy. On was a own goal and another was a counter and our striker jst slot it home. But after those two goals we just go outplayed. Then in the third game we lost in a very close game. 3-2. They scored then we responded very quickly. Then howlers from our keeper and our right back cost us and it was 3-1. Then we were chasing the game. And our striker came close to scoring twice from my crosses. The first went just over the keeper then he missed it by a mm. Then the next one was a low cross and the keeper went right in front of him and gathered the ball. Then in the next match we tied 3-3. WE tooked the lead when our striker scored from a nice long ball from our right back. Then the other team made it 3-1. But this team defence was slow and our wingers(including me 13. 3 in 100m and I'm 13) so we had many chances. Then our stiker scored a hattrick to make it 3-3. And in the 7/8 play offs we won 5-0 with me scoring a craker. Our striker dropped deep and did a high through pass then I out ran the left back to smash it into the top near corner. Then our captain scored a free kick from the half line into the top corner. And that is the last competitive game i've played
Thanks for that
I'm still playing two games a week and in the most recent one, an indoor match, I was really on form. I played as a kind of a lone striker, annoying the defence. There was no offside, so I would drift around their goal, picking up defenders and would eventually have two or three people marking me. With that happening, it obviously meant we had several players free to pass and move.

Aside from that, I just seemed to be in the right place, right time. One of our team took a really decent shot, low, hard and barely off target. If I had left it, it would have gone wide. I was facing it, so I jumped forward, over it, let the ball come through my legs and hit it into the goal with the side of my heel. I only had to barely change the direction because all the power came from the original shot.

My current tactic when shooting is put as much spin on the ball as possible and try to make it bounce either right beside or just in front of their keeper. If he tries to save it with his foot, the spin takes it into the net. If it hits anyone on the way in (I place it) then it can deflect anywhere.

I'm really enjoying the games

Kick4Life - changing lives through football