Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Ronaldinho....going To Retire?? :(
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
According to report frm daily sport (Link: www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/09/19/1511381/a... ) dinho is considering his retirment after this season...:(OMG....He shouldnt retir now...He is THE BEST!I think leanardo should motivate and make him play awesome again..
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
If Ronie retires, it's will be a shame !  But He said he will do Music after is retirement, so it can be cool !
Yes.... But.... Then I will be the saddest person on the iniverse
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
It is a shame if he truly is going to retire but I think we have seen the best of Ronaldinho. Like I said in the other thread, I think he lost all motivation for football after the 2006 season. Hasn't been the same since and doesn't seem like it's going to change
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Don't worry, it's just rumors right?
At the moment it's just rumors but I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

However, it is goal.com and there are no quotes suggesting that he will retire so I call their bluff and will say it is false
Theshid (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Even if he does I'm sure he's going to come back when you got such a passion for the game you can't get away it will bring you back, surely he needs a break because I think that he's lacking motivation, after all he won everything with club and country with Barca so it doesn't suprise me
The thing is I don't think he has the passion for the game anymore
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Yeah, it's like Zidane despite is passion of the game, he doesn't play anymore !
Like you said he won evrything possible.... He needs challenge to prove what he's capable of !
Now see, he's again benched for the bologna clash.... If he's constnantly benched like this.... HE JUST can't recover.... Leo should make him play and get him to his old-self.... but he isn't doing that...
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Well you can't let milan to play worse because dinho has to recover if milan want dinho to recover they should loan him to brasil
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
A question comes to me, "Ronaldinho said he gave people pleasure? Yes. I think Adriano then, which I read recently in the Italian press interviews rather moving. He said he had quickly lost the pleasure of playing in Italy. He confessed his Milanese exits, drives past or missed in the locker room to sleep off the alcohol the night. Now in Brazil, he was content to live and play football. The real Ronaldo has been aware of those moments too. Too big, too everything, it continues to delight his fans.
Ronaldinho may have no place in Europe? A return to Brazil as Adriano and Ronaldo would be good for him!
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I guess if he really think of retiring is because he has lost his confidence but I am pretty sure it is all rumors or publicity because that would be a really bad way for him to do so now.... Hopefully it is a false comment
Zizou10 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
85% of articles on goal.com are bullox
Jabernard (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Dihno sucks. No look trick passes don't win games
But he has won many trophies.... 2 fifa world player of the year of award and a ballon'd'or too, , ,
No doubt he was the best player in the world when he was at Barcelona but he is a shadow of his former self
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He's not finished yet, he's still got some more seasons in him.... Stay Dinho!
Yes.... He will stay I think!
Zizou10 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
He's still 29, has a lot of playing years ahead of him
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
If he wanna go back to Paris, I will agree !
Yessssss I will agree tooooooo
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Dinho + Guily = old people FTW
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
No wy, there is too much money in game ! He will go to the term of his contract ! Ronaldinho is died for the football ! Unhappyly he prefers music to football !
Vodka (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
That will be sad.... I hope it just a rumour
Keong (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I would love to see ronnie in premiership, he still a great player!
Thomas1978 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Well, he has been almost non existent for the past 2 years since winning the UCL w Barca. Its real disappointing as he is still young and definitely has years left in him.

Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I think he is on his way back....  
If Ronaldinho continues to work hard, he can return to its level. He made two good games against Rome and Madrid. It was a pleasure to see Ronaldinho play as well.

Milan vs roma

Mardid vs milan

Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
This video shows that he still got a lot left in him. I'm Sure that he is not gonna' retire anytime soon!
Everyone hope !
Yeah, I think ronaldinho is slowly beginning to regain his lost magic again.... But he has to maintain this form and don't lose his morale
Blooob (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Maybe against his old rival real madrid he rembered his old days at barcalona and got his his spark back hmmmmmm hope so
Aeaglan (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Franboy, it's great you found those videos
Aeaglan (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I hate the spanish press. They always like to start rumors. Ronaldinho never thought about retirement. He has been working hard, day in and day out this season.

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/09/22/1515920/m...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football